Ricky not interested in pleasing fans.. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky not interested in pleasing fans..

Keep in mind Ricky had to deal w/ a lot of Saints fans who literally hated him b/c he wasn't the second coming of Jim Brown, the greatest RB ever!

Originally posted by m_churchill

I'm assuming by your 35-3 Bills prediction for tomorrow's game(which Miami will win BTW) that you're a Bills fan. If so, what does it matter to you? You're not buying Ricky's jerseys, you're not paying his salary and he was talking about fair weather fin fans.

im am definitely not a bills fan.. i do not like anything about the bills.. im a jacksonville fan and miami fan.. ive been following miami since the 80s and i know them very well.. and yes, i watch every game, i go to games every year, and i buy dolphins stuff.. but im realistic..i am not blinded because im a fan of miami.. i make my predictions on what i have seen miami do this year.. sure i hope they win. but they wont. expect them to get beat tommorrow very badly, but for them to come back and stomp the jets on the last game, unfortunatly they will miss the playoffs.. and what did you expect?? its natural progression since wanny took over.

Originally posted by Jnaledu3

im am definitely not a bills fan.. i do not like anything about the bills.. im a jacksonville fan and miami fan.. ive been following miami since the 80s and i know them very well.. and yes, i watch every game, i go to games every year, and i buy dolphins stuff.. but im realistic..i am not blinded because im a fan of miami.. i make my predictions on what i have seen miami do this year.. sure i hope they win. but they wont. expect them to get beat tommorrow very badly, but for them to come back and stomp the jets on the last game, unfortunatly they will miss the playoffs.. and what did you expect?? its natural progression since wanny took over.

Why will we win? Maybe because we're a better team with a chance to make the playoffs! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Muck

I don't think he's saying anything bad. They asked him about fans who don't believe. And he was honest.

I think the reason why many people take offense to such comments is because they have a hard time hearing "you're not the most important aspect of my job."

I don't see anything wrong with what he said either.
I don't think he said anything negative or anything to alienate fans. He didn't alienate me with his statements anyway.
He called it like it is.

Besides, Ricky reaches out to fans more than most players do.
Look at his website for example, It's a little thing but it's much more than 99% of other players do. Cut him some slack.

I could care less what he plays for at longest he is performing on the field.

I kinda said that tongue-in-cheek. After reading some posts here and re-reading the article, it did kinda of seem like the reporter was going after Ricky and probably was putting him in a spot and putting words in his mouth(or twisting his words around). I agree, I really dont care if Ricky doesnt like the fans who dont support him and his team 100%, as long as he just runs and wins.

Originally posted by DolFan31
I agree, I really dont care if Ricky doesnt like the fans who dont support him and his team 100%, as long as he just runs and wins.

Well, he's running

But we aren't doin too much winning

These guys play football for themeselves and their families...not us.

Nothing wrong with the statement. I'm sure if we were winning he'd be a little more upbeat about it.

I'd still go listen to some Ziggy and smoke a fat blunt with em :D

Back
Top Bottom