Ricky passing it off onto Wannstedt | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky passing it off onto Wannstedt

TeeMoney said:
With the new information about Ricky coming back and attending camp, I've read an interesting/disturbing comment. Ricky's agent is placing the blame onto Wannstedt. Ricky giving up Paxil, smoking pot, voting Democrat, abandoning the team at the brink of training camp, running away from his problems... and on and on.

With a new head coach, new position coaches, new offensive and defensive philosophies, new training regimine, new team outlook, does a new Ricky fit in? I don't think Ricky has much of a choice but to come back to Miami (if he want's to return to the NFL). I'm not sure Miami can just turn around and trade him, not that anyone would offer much for him, well maybe the Raiders. I don't think Saban will allow it to be a distraction, the media won't be getting to the players to push and prod like before. Saban will probably have, has had(?), a team meeting discussing this situation with the players and I don't think any player is going to tell Saban who to sign, or how to run the team.

I can't wait.

Great, so last year when this thing first started...it was the number of carries, no it was being embarassed about being caught with drugs, no it was that he couldn't take rushing 30 times a game again, no it was that he lost his passion for football, no it was.....

Now, it's that Wanny was the reason...there have been more reasons for him quitting than Carter has Liver Pills....I will ALWAYS believe that the ONLY reason he is returning is because of the arbitrator's judgement...period...end of story...

NYinBostonFin said:
Who cares?

the teammates he abandoned.

quitter, pothead, now passing his own problems off on someone else. what a guy!! glad we got ronnie, we wont miss ricky the next time he"loses his passion."

SuperMarksBros. said:
the teammates he abandoned.

quitter, pothead, now passing his own problems off on someone else. what a guy!! glad we got ronnie, we wont miss ricky the next time he"loses his passion."

You don't know what they care about. You know what you care about and that's all. I'm sure Saban has asked the teamates he abadoned how they feel. If he still wants to take him back, they cant feel too badly.

TeeMoney said:
NYinBostonFin: I hope your post makes more sense in the thread it was intended.

Why? It still makes some sense here.

If you people are stupid enough to fall for RW's BS, more power to you. Watch that 60 minutes interview. He admits the whole "truth" thing was BS and it came down to him being caught for a 3rd violation of the substance abuse policy. Of course, RW was the one who said it, so that could have been BS too.

NYinBostonFin said:
You don't know what they care about. You know what you care about and that's all. I'm sure Saban has asked the teamates he abadoned how they feel. If he still wants to take him back, they cant feel too badly.

genuis, i didnt imagine guys from the team publicly expressing their displeasure for his actions. it was on every major sports channel, website, and publication. so yes, i do know how they feel. they told me, along with the rest of the world.

Members of the team that said anything regarding Ricky, last year, were very frustrated and some of them were downright angry at Ricky. It is ridiculous to NOT think that there were some Dolphins (and team captains) that were satisfied with the way Ricky left, and his comments regarding the team after he left- in the midst of their horrible season.

TeeMoney said:
With the new information about Ricky coming back and attending camp, I've read an interesting/disturbing comment. Ricky's agent is placing the blame onto Wannstedt. Ricky giving up Paxil, smoking pot, voting Democrat, abandoning the team at the brink of training camp, running away from his problems... and on and on.

With a new head coach, new position coaches, new offensive and defensive philosophies, new training regimine, new team outlook, does a new Ricky fit in? I don't think Ricky has much of a choice but to come back to Miami (if he want's to return to the NFL). I'm not sure Miami can just turn around and trade him, not that anyone would offer much for him, well maybe the Raiders. I don't think Saban will allow it to be a distraction, the media won't be getting to the players to push and prod like before. Saban will probably have, has had(?), a team meeting discussing this situation with the players and I don't think any player is going to tell Saban who to sign, or how to run the team.

I can't wait.

Voting Democrat? You don't have to be a Democrat to be a druggie. We have an alcoholic president who did more than his share of cocaine and he's a Republican.

Let me say this...

I'd be willing to give Ricky a second chance, whether it's eventually trading him or letting him be a 1 - 2 punch behind Ronnie Brown.

I WOULD NEVER give Dave Wannstedt another chance.

SuperMarksBros. said:
genuis, i didnt imagine guys from the team publicly expressing their displeasure for his actions. it was on every major sports channel, website, and publication. so yes, i do know how they feel. they told me, along with the rest of the world.

Yeah, ok. Saban Isn't that stupid to lose the respect of the veterans on the team to get Ricky.

I'm glad they told you though

jlfin said:
I saw a reference to it also. I believe it was his agent Steinberg who claimed that RW just couldn't play for Wanny anymore.
If true it just confirms what a selfish,gutless and classless guy he is. DW for all our criticisms was a players coach and he went out on a limb and invested a lot to bring RW to this team. I don't like DW as a head coach, but he deserved better from RW.

How's that?

DW did fire his entire OL besides one. At the same time felt compelled to leave his incompedant buddy Wise as the OL coach. Go figure? He also did nothing to improve a very, Very predictable play calling on both sides of the ball. In all fairness though he did invent the famuos lobster trap hanging from the ceiling thing. Truth be known and you all know it, DW was planning on ridding the shoulder's of RW's 35-40 plays a game...

But maybe your right he did deserve better, like a puplic lynching!!!
:lol:

jlfin said:
I saw a reference to it also. I believe it was his agent Steinberg who claimed that RW just couldn't play for Wanny anymore.
If true it just confirms what a selfish,gutless and classless guy he is. DW for all our criticisms was a players coach and he went out on a limb and invested a lot to bring RW to this team. I don't like DW as a head coach, but he deserved better from RW.

Yeah,,, and he also ran him into a brick wall 50 times a game!!! Great players coach Whiney was... :shakeno:

NYinBostonFin said:
Yeah, ok. Saban Isn't that stupid to lose the respect of the veterans on the team to get Ricky.

I'm glad they told you though

lol, so now you know whats going on in the lockeroom or what saban is or isnt thinking? the following is an excerpt from your original reply to me:

"You don't know what they care about. You know what you care about and that's all. "

lol, i guess the pot really can call the kettle black.

Back
Top Bottom