Ricky Ray Coming for a workout (Merged) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Ray Coming for a workout (Merged)

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Reaction score
CFL's Ricky Ray coming in for workout.

Linkster
Ray completed 348 of 515 passes (67.6 percent) for 4,600 yards, 35 touchdowns and 13 interceptions this past season. He compiled a QB rating of 108.1.
Dolphins linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo, who played five years in the CFL, faced Ray in 2002. He says Ray is an excellent prospect.

''He's a little bigger than Jay, but he's the same kind of athlete in terms of moving around,'' Ayanbadejo said.
Any of you "scouts" got more on this guy?

I actully saw something on sports center a few weeks back.. saying this guy was good and should be in the nfl...

Smart kid. Watched him play up here in Canada and he's definitely the real deal. Strong arm, accurate, good leader. Reads defenses well too. Understand that up here in the CFL, there is an extra DB on the field and you can have multiple guys in motion at the LOS. Just more things to confuse a young QB, but this guy put up unbelievable numbers.

I'm glad to hear the Fins are working him out.

I agree with MarinoLives...saw him play here in Toronto and he seems to be the complete package.

Not a terribly sexy name, but hmmmm ...

I like his youth and his release, which is apparently quite fast (a must behind our O-line).

Originally posted by Mindwarp
another linky
At 6-feet-3, 210 pounds, Ray impressed the scouts at his workout, making all the throws and showing better mobility than most thought.

"I did like the way he threw the ball," said one NFC personnel director. "He got it out pretty quick, too."
sounds like he w/b a potential quality #2 who could help if the #1 got hurt...

found this interesting from the Herald article
Ray is the third quarterback from the CFL whom the Dolphins have looked at the past five years. The team had Garcia in for a workout before the 1999 season and signed former CFL standout Dave Dickenson in 2002.
forgot we worked out Garcia - man what if...

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
Not a terribly sexy name, but hmmmm ...

I like his youth and his release, which is apparently quite fast (a must behind our O-line).

That is one Sexy name Dr. You just don't have your beer goggles on yet. Or do you? :confused:

Originally posted by PrOpAiN

That is one Sexy name Dr. You just don't have your beer goggles on yet. Or do you? :confused:

Now I'm confused.

What I meant was that Ricky Ray isn't a "sexy" name like Warner or Brunell, but worth considering.

I remember reading about this guy a couple of weeks ago and I like what I read. He could be the real deal so, hopefully, the 'Fins like what they see when they work him out and offer him a contract. I believe there's a short window of opportunity for NFL teams to sign CFL players (if memory serves me correctly) so we should know something pretty soon.

P.S. I understood what you meant Doc Z. :happydrin

Originally posted by PrOpAiN
I always forget to put "j/k" on some of my posts... maybe that is why my Threads always head south.:foundout:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Try using the smilies more bro, they'll really help you convey your message a lot better than words alone since they basically serve as a substitute for body language in the cyber world. :up:

Back
Top Bottom