Ricky Ray Coming for a workout (Merged) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Ray Coming for a workout (Merged)

i would give him a shot.

but then again, does this mean miami won't draft a QB? or will miami not re-sign sage?

Ricky Ray To Be Tried Out!!!!!!!!!!!!

About time here are his numbers from last year it is the CFL. But he's had far better numbers then MOON, GARCIA, or FLUTIE did.

This guy is a game breaker excellent size over 6ft tall good build fast and accurate.

Plus he would be real cheap

Here are his stats for last year
Reg Season 2003

Passing {as shown in article}

ATT COMP Yards TD INT LG QBR
515 348 4640 35 13 72 108.1

Rushing {not shown in article}

Carries Yards Avg LG TD
62 352 5.7 35 2

Playoffs where by far more impressive

His playoff stats where better I believe I did post them before.

In the 2 playoff games they played and won the grey cup he ran for over 100 yards threw for 700 i believe with 5 TD passes to 0 INTS, and a qb rating of 115 this is just from what i remember I could be a little off and a completion rate of over 70%. He also ran for one or two td's

Lets not make the same mistake and pass on Garcia.

I've scene garcia when he was in the CFL play live and I've seen Ricky Ray play live and Ricky Ray has impressed me alot more his movement is excellent but his accuracy for passing was even more astounishing on the run

RICKY RAY

What do we have to lose?? It's not like we have to pay him big money, or that we have to draft him.

Originally posted by Mindwarp
another linky
Ray would be a minimum-salary player, so he would be cap friendly for any team signing him, even with a decent bonus. That could be attractive, but not nearly as attractive as a productive passer who has shown to be accurate.
Sage, Ray and a rookie???.....Fiedler, Ray, and rookie???......FA, Ray/ Sage???....Fiedler, Sage, Ray???....no RR in the mix???

What's best case scenario here?

Originally posted by inFINSible
Sage, Ray and a rookie???.....Fiedler, Ray, and rookie???......FA, Ray/ Sage???....Fiedler, Sage, Ray???....no RR in the mix???

What's best case scenario here?

I'm not sure where he'd fit if we brought him in. Sounz like he's solid enough of a prospect. Hell if he's THAT good why not FA/Ray/Rook....

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

I'm not sure where he'd fit if we brought him in. Sounz like he's solid enough of a prospect. Hell if he's THAT good why not FA/Ray/Rook....
Navy, I almost put that choice up there but, that scenario kinda scares the crap out of me.....I guess it would be more palatable if Norv does leave....Then I wouldn't worry about having a roster with zero QBs having experience in NT's offense...

Originally posted by inFINSible
Navy, I almost put that choice up there but, that scenario kinda scares the crap out of me.....I guess it would be more palatable if Norv does leave....Then I wouldn't worry about having a roster with zero QBs having experience in NT's offense...

Ya its bold and risky....but I said, "if he's THAT good." ;)

I don't pretend to be a QB judge more than anybody else, so I'm glad I won't be making the decision as to what they go with this off-season.

I don't pretend to be a QB judge more than anybody else, so I'm glad I won't be making the decision as to what they go with this off-season.
:lol:....my bad.

we have one less team to compete w/

Buccaneers | Team Not Interested In Ray - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 14:38:21 -0800

Jim Flynn, of the PewterReport.com, reports despite several reports that suggest otherwise, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are not interested in signing CFL (Edmonton Eskimos) QB Ricky Ray to a contract.

If he was that good he wouldn't be on the market right now.

BTW, with this coaching staff, there's absolutely no way they go into the regular season with three untested QB's; it's just not in their nature.

Back
Top Bottom