Ricky Speaks......Tells Fans to GTH. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Speaks......Tells Fans to GTH.

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Just reported.......Ricky was asked last night to comment and had said that: "Faxing my retirement was the greatest thing I have ever done."

Also said when asked about the decision: "Something told me that I don't need to be controlled by anyone or anything."

Also said: "I feel Free, It is a wonderful feeling to have freedom."

When asked about his responsibility to Fans and the team: "I have no responsibility to anyone but myself, the fans will get over it when they get another guy."

Final Ricky quote: "The sad truth is that none of the fans that are upset have to ever run the ball and show up for training camp and live by their rules, They unfortunately just don't matter."

That last quote says it all.........

So he should let fans dictate how he lives his life? Are you simple?

he can now be an actor

Queer as FOLK

Free ALAS

Mod Note: The name was bad enough. Throw in this post, and you're history. Bye.

P4E

He has a point though... I mean do you wake up every day for a 4 month period without the ability to move an inch without hurting everywhere?

He was taking a pounding and wanted to walk away while he could still walk..

Yet, I question the timing and how he just left his teamates out to dry...

Section126 said:
Can you read?
What about my 2 sentences didn't you understand?

If he isn't happy playing football, then it's his choice whether to quit or not. What total strangers think should be the last thing on his mind.

Guy Incognito said:
So he should let fans dictate how he lives his life? Are you simple?
ya know, people who keep using the same logic you did are really cracking me up. In business there is the belief you are always good to the customer, because the customer is what makes you what you are (especially at car dealers). Guess what, we as fans are the customer for the NFL/Dolphins. You don't turn around and thumb your nose at the customer. And if you want to say that it won't matter to Ricky then since he is retiring, fine, but that shows more than ever that you were a fake/liar/sellout...in which you deserve all the criticism you get.

I'm no perfect person, but I do have morals and I must say, what Ricky said doesn't rate real high up there. Even if it is true, you don't say that publicly!! Continue the lie one more time in the media, then you truly can be free for the rest of your life ;)

Guy Incognito said:
What about my 2 sentences didn't you understand?

If he isn't happy playing football, then it's his choice whether to quit or not. What total strangers think should be the last thing on his mind.

You mean those total strangers that paid his salary? How bout the total strangers that are his teammates.....how bout all the total strangers he betrayed (Coaches, Fans, Teammates, etc.)?

Dude, you are smoking whatever Ricky is smoking......you can also tell that you don't pay for tickets to watch this team.

SkapePhin said:
He has a point though... I mean do you wake up every day for a 4 month period without the ability to move an inch without hurting everywhere?

i think he couldve figured this out 4 seasons prior or Texas even

the more and more i think about it Ricky can go to heII . my little boy is a running back in peewee football and really looked up to Ricky. Now im hoping he lets this go because i dont want him looking up to a ****lNG quiter.I respect Ricky but he should have quit at the end of last season not a week before training camp.

If you've read Ricky's writings on his site the past two years, this wouldn't come as a suprise to you.

Ricky has long said that the adulation is only temporary. That when he leaves the game, that adulation will go away. That the moment his play begins to decline, the fans will turn.

I'm sorry, but Ricky doesn't have a responsibility to play for the fans. He didn't make you buy the jersey. Heck, he doesn't even sell them. Nor does he get all the profits. That's the NFL's cash cow. And the money is distributed evenly.

If he doesn't want to play, he shouldn't play. He's wealthy enough to be able to make that choice. If he did play, he'd be accused of underachieving and dogging it. The only responsibility he didn't fufill was giving this organization a chance to execute a contingency plan. THAT'S where I have beef, because he's left his teammates in a lurch.

Other than that, I respect his decision. You need to get over it.

ChambOfCommerce said:
ya know, people who keep using the same logic you did are really cracking me up. In business there is the belief you are always good to the customer, because the customer is what makes you what you are (especially at car dealers). Guess what, we as fans are the customer for the NFL/Dolphins. You don't turn around and thumb your nose at the customer. And if you want to say that it won't matter to Ricky then since he is retiring, fine, but that shows more than ever that you were a fake/liar/sellout...in which you deserve all the criticism you get.

I'm no perfect person, but I do have morals and I must say, what Ricky said doesn't rate real high up there. Even if it is true, you don't say that publicly!! Continue the lie one more time in the media, then you truly can be free for the rest of your life ;)
Here is where your theory is flawed. Ricky Williams was a player on the team. He doesn't make business decisions for the them. He made a decision to change his life by leaving football, and that's his decision to make.

SkapePhin said:

Dude that is lame, I go through everyday with pain in every joint in my body! I still get up and go to work EVERYDAY not just once a week! By the way they don't hit during the week much! He did it because he wants to smoke weed when he wants and doesn't like that the NFL won't let him do that, so he would rather quit football then quit smoking! IMO that was a big reason why he quit, NOT the only reason and maybe a small part of it, but it was a definite reason! :redeye: :bong:

Back
Top Bottom