Ricky Speaks......Tells Fans to GTH. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Speaks......Tells Fans to GTH.

Guy Incognito said:
So how many firemen, doctors, lawyers or fast food employees have to do their job in front of 80,000 people? There is a slight difference between their jobs.

I see the point you're trying to make, but calling Ricky selfish for taking another step in his life is rediculous. I was pissed when I heard the news this morning, but if he wants to throw all of his talent away, then let him.
You have seen firemen do their job in front of the world under more pressure than any man, woman, or child has ever faced.

No, I'm not comparing the two instances. Ricky leaving the Dolphins is just too simple to do that. His job is too simple to do that.

The fact is the act is selfish as a result of the timing. If he would have left in February nobody would care.

I have $2200 worth of season tickets.

His employer has millions invested.

Advertisers have millions invested.

Coaches have their life invested.

Players have their sweat, blood, and time invested.

Sure he can move on. He can also consider how his actions will effect others. He chose not to do so.

And so much for having a humble, gentle giant on the team. Screw that, we don't need any feminized, emotionally unstable panzies on the team. This is the freaking NFL, weakness is not tolerated in the NFL. I'd rather have him quit now than pull a Barret Robins the night before the SB/

ZOD said:
You have seen firemen do their job in front of the world under more pressure than any man, woman, or child has ever faced.

No, I'm not comparing the two instances. Ricky leaving the Dolphins is just too simple to do that. His job is too simple to do that.

The fact is the act is selfish as a result of the timing. If he would have left in February nobody would care.

Sure he can move on. He can also consider how his actions will effect others. He chose not to do so.
Bravo.

Bumrush said:
And so much for having a humble, gentle giant on the team. Screw that, we don't need any feminized, emotionally unstable panzies on the team. This is the freaking NFL, weakness is not tolerated in the NFL. I'd rather have him quit now than pull a Barret Robins the night before the SB/

:clap:

All I can say is... I agree with Muck/Zod. I don't care that he did it - but I'm completely PISSED OFF about his timing.

There couldn't have been a lousier time. Oh well... Here's to Benson or (Carnell) Williams in 2005...

ZOD said:

So even with Ricky saying that his heart isn't in the game anymore, it's still selfish that he retired?

edit.... I have to add that the timing was bad, but that's only because I would have liked to see the Dolphins go after Eddie George. I'm sure his decision to leave wasn't a spur of the moment thing. He got out before training camp started. He could have easily waited until the season started.

Muck said:
Again, WE AGREE. If he had announced this earlier in the year, everything else becomes largely irrelevant because, again, the organization gets the chance to formulate and/or execute contingency plans. But he waited till the last minute, thereby screwing everybody over. THAT'S where I have beef with him.
Gotcha... but I take it a step further.

BECAUSE Ricky failed to make up his mind at some reasonable time, I feel that ON A MORAL LEVEL he forfeited the option to just walk away. He let everyone else commit their hard-earned money and heartfelt dreams... and then he indulged in self-absorption and vanity without regard to anyone else.

This decision cannot be described as noble or appropriate in the least. IT COULD HAVE if he announced it months ago. But, given his failure to do so, the only decision of CHARACTER he could have made now was to summon the will to live up to what he'd implicitly pledged to do... and showed the strength of character to do his very best thru this season, and retired at its end.

People would have respected this, for damned good reason. But he deserves no respect for what he's done instead.

P4E said:
Gotcha... but I take it a step further.

BECAUSE Ricky failed to make up his mind at some reasonable time, I feel that ON A MORAL LEVEL he forfeited the option to just walk away. He let everyone else commit their hard-earned money and heartfelt dreams... and then he indulged in self-absorption and vanity without regard to anyone else.

This decision cannot be described as noble or appropriate in the least. IT COULD HAVE if he announced it months ago. But, given his failure to do so, the only decision of CHARACTER he could have made now was to summon the will to live up to what he'd implicitly pledged to do... and showed the strength of character to do his very best thru this season, and retired at its end.

People would have respected this, for damned good reason. But he deserves no respect for what he's done instead.

DING, DING, DING

A KNOCK OUT BLOW!

(Zod moves in to count) 1, 2, 3.........

(Muck reaches for the lower ring rope)

I have to run about 12 miles a week... it makes my knees hurt, maybe I should just quit.... oh wait I'm not allowed to just quit in the middle of my contract. I seem to have made some sort of obligation... hmmm... maybe since I'm a little worn out with the military they'll let me leave.... no I guess for some reason they expect me to keep my word. Why do we have to put ourselves in danger for all of these civilians... they don't matter.

Muck said:
If you've read Ricky's writings on his site the past two years, this wouldn't come as a suprise to you.

Ricky has long said that the adulation is only temporary. That when he leaves the game, that adulation will go away. That the moment his play begins to decline, the fans will turn.

I'm sorry, but Ricky doesn't have a responsibility to play for the fans. He didn't make you buy the jersey. Heck, he doesn't even sell them. Nor does he get all the profits. That's the NFL's cash cow. And the money is distributed evenly.

If he doesn't want to play, he shouldn't play. He's wealthy enough to be able to make that choice. If he did play, he'd be accused of underachieving and dogging it. The only responsibility he didn't fufill was giving this organization a chance to execute a contingency plan. THAT'S where I have beef, because he's left his teammates in a lurch.

Other than that, I respect his decision. You need to get over it.

i have to agree Muck, he does have the right to do whatever the hell he wants. but he also deserves to be ridiculed like never before. thats why he went to ASIA. I bet He never comes back to Miami again. Lets face it, dude has mental probs.

sbh1602 said:
All I can say is... I agree with Muck/Zod. I don't care that he did it - but I'm completely PISSED OFF about his timing.

There couldn't have been a lousier time. Oh well... Here's to Benson or (Carnell) Williams in 2005...

Travis henry. :D

finfan54 said:
Travis henry. :D
keep dreaming

btw doesnt this just make you tear up

clear.gif

Back
Top Bottom