Ricky Speaks......Tells Fans to GTH. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Speaks......Tells Fans to GTH.

shalafi3455 said:
Dude that is lame, I go through everyday with pain in every joint in my body! I still get up and go to work EVERYDAY not just once a week! By the way they don't hit during the week much! He did it because he wants to smoke weed when he wants and doesn't like that the NFL won't let him do that, so he would rather quit football then quit smoking! IMO that was a big reason why he quit, NOT the only reason and maybe a small part of it, but it was a definite reason! :redeye: :bong:
Although I'm sure you don't get f*ucking smacked by 300 pound Zombies. I applaud your dedication to your job and I watch my parents with joint problems force there way through their jobs. But a rb's body takes a lot of abuse, and 1 accident can screw his life forever. The smoking of mary jane just shows how he doens't want someone dictating his life.

shalafi3455 said:
Dude that is lame, I go through everyday with pain in every joint in my body! I still get up and go to work EVERYDAY not just once a week! By the way they don't hit during the week much! He did it because he wants to smoke weed when he wants and doesn't like that the NFL won't let him do that, so he would rather quit football then quit smoking! IMO that was a big reason why he quit, NOT the only reason and maybe a small part of it, but it was a definite reason! :redeye: :bong:

Bro your response is so far off its sad. Pain from what? do you take hits form 250-300 lb men 28-30+ carries a game. I highly doubt it. The man wants to leave the sport in one piece and live the rest of his life to be with his family. The NFL is a life commiting sport and if your heart's not in to then leave; Ricky did. I love the Miami Dolphins as a team and I like Ricky Williams the player. Will I miss him, yea but will I hate him, no. He did'nt want to leave the sport to somke marijuana either and if he did then he'd be heading to Amsterdam not Asia :)

Section126 said:
Just reported.......Ricky was asked last night to comment and had said that: "Faxing my retirement was the greatest thing I have ever done."

Also said when asked about the decision: "Something told me that I don't need to be controlled by anyone or anything."

Also said: "I feel Free, It is a wonderful feeling to have freedom."

When asked about his responsibility to Fans and the team: "I have no responsibility to anyone but myself, the fans will get over it when they get another guy."

Final Ricky quote: "The sad truth is that none of the fans that are upset have to ever run the ball and show up for training camp and live by their rules, They unfortunately just don't matter."

That last quote says it all.........

whats this bull about his freedom ? he talks like he was locked in a room and was only allowed to come out when kickoff

Wait, he is the biggest star in the franchise, he makes million dollars a year, and he's whining? He should have a 10 year career and then he will have the economical freedom to do WHATEVER HE WANTS FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE.

And he's whining about getting up to practice?
Boo F.... Hoo.

And btw, the fans are the reason he get's paid.

fin-atic said:
This response is perfect. Ricky knew what was involved in being a football star. For the kind of jack he gets paid I would wake up sore every day for the res of my life.

It is his life and he does have a right to make a decision. But do it like a professional and with some consideration to the team and fans. Doing it six days before camp with no chance to get a repalcement sucks. HE could have done this at the end of last year or the end of next year and given the Fins a real chance to repalce him. THIS is where he let all of us down. His comment say it all. He doesn't care about anything but RW. And in the end of his pitiful life he will be a doped up quitter who will have all he ever wanted, himself. Screw Ricky. He stuck it in us and broke it off. Two first round picks and the millions paid deserved more than this. He is obligated.

Like I said screw him. He showed that he is no man. He is not a role model. He is a quitter. A man takes care of his reposnisiblities like a man. Quitting now tells me who he really is.

this is exactly the way i feel, amen man

psirus....that pic in your sig made me sad. I have memories of that. I was there and Ricky was the guy who's sig I wanted you can see my hand there in the pic. I remember wanting to stay to see him and get hiis pic and sig although my family wanted to leave. Ricky has lost my respect and Im sure he could care less.

Scrap said:
In a way, I do agree, but I also don't. No, he doesn't owe us fans a thing. His teammates? Damn right he does. He owes them more than to quit at the last minute before camp starts. I think what he did to his teammates was weak, to say the least. They have dreams of winning a SuperBowl. By quitting this late, he put a damper on their ability to attain those dreams.

it will be interesting to see how the players react to this, do you think they will all be like "i respect his decision" or do you think some guys will say what they really feel about this move ?

Al13 said:
it will be interesting to see how the players react to this, do you think they will all be like "i respect his decision" or do you think some guys will say what they really feel about this move ?
I think they will say pretty much the same things that Wannstedt did, but in different words.

From the begging Ricky has been marching to a different drummer.We all thought he was just a little different but we were willing to overlook that fact in favor of his natural talent.Ricky is a strange dude.You dont know whats going on his mind especially when he is under the effects of Pot.It was bound to happen sooner or later like a ticking bomb.Take note because maybe D.Boston alsp has a ticking bomb in his bag.

Muck said:
If you've read Ricky's writings on his site the past two years, this wouldn't come as a suprise to you.

Ricky has long said that the adulation is only temporary. That when he leaves the game, that adulation will go away. That the moment his play begins to decline, the fans will turn.

I'm sorry, but Ricky doesn't have a responsibility to play for the fans. He didn't make you buy the jersey. Heck, he doesn't even sell them. Nor does he get all the profits. That's the NFL's cash cow. And the money is distributed evenly.

If he doesn't want to play, he shouldn't play. He's wealthy enough to be able to make that choice. If he did play, he'd be accused of underachieving and dogging it. The only responsibility he didn't fufill was giving this organization a chance to execute a contingency plan. THAT'S where I have beef, because he's left his teammates in a lurch.

Other than that, I respect his decision. You need to get over it.

i agree but he could have done this in a better manner not leaving the team high and dry.

Williams does not have the right to walk away at this point...

He has a contract and its one week before training camp. He doesn't work in a regular job...he works for an NFL team...which means responsibility to at least 60 other people...there is no justification for what he has done...

Had he been a free agent or at the end of his career or earlier in the offseason...it might have been a lot different...

The reality is he left the Dolphins organization in shambles and I will never ever forgive or forget it...I emplore you to have the same stance.

i feel he can make any choice he wants,but dont complain about the training camps,pain,the fans dont understand,he was being paid very good money for his job,,so dont cry to us about that ricky,

I'm not looking forward to work tomorrow, The emotional pain I will go through when all my friends will make fun of me for Ricky leaving us.

Maybe I should call my boss and say I'm not going to show up cause I can't take this emotional pain. :lol: :lol:

What a Joke, RW has no idea what its like being a responsible adult.

"The only responsibility he didn't fufill was giving this organization a chance to execute a contingency plan. THAT'S where I have beef, because he's left his teammates in a lurch."

in addition to the two good points above (about team mates and allowing for contingency), he has an obligation to live up to the terms of the contract he signed in good faith, for the duration of the contract... july 25, 2004 was not the end of his contract. were he injured i could be sympathetic about this retirement. but he is not.

Back
Top Bottom