Ricky versus Duece | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky versus Duece

Ricky has heart. He's a great player. He doesn't stop on the field, and a change to sunny Miami, more like his beloved San Diego than New Orleans, was what he needed. We didn't dump him. We did what was best for him, and best for both our team and yours.

And that's the bottom line. [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't know where this idea of NO dumped Ricky thing came from but it's ridiculous at best to think that the front office of Saints are so inept that they'd just DUMP a quality RB like Williams. NO got some decent draft picks and may get more If Williams rushes for 1500 yrds. To compare Deuce and Ricky at this point is also ridiculous.
If using the excuse that the disorder Ricky has is why he is or isn't weird, or why things didn't work out in NO helps them sleep at night then fine. Or if some Finfans wanna believe that it was just a bad situation and that NO dumped RW helps them sleep at night the great.
Bottom line is both sides seem to be happy for NOW with the trade.

Ricky said it well when he said,
"The environment here has helped me a lot. In New Orleans, we go to the playoffs and we get to be grand marshals at Mardi Gras. Here they're booing the team during the playoffs. They're tired of 11-5 in Miami, and I'm prepared to raise my game to meet those expectations"

Hey if that makes us Finfans feel good about RW being here to help win the SB then who are the Saints fans to come in our house and piss in our wheaties?

Maybe Ricky had his disorder under control but had alienated his coaches and teammates so much that he felt he couldn't reconcile their differences and he felt he needed a change. Who knows, but until he shows us he's "weird" let us enjoy having something we haven't had in 25 years, a quality RB and running game.

Hey here's to Ricky Williams and 1499 yards rushing this year!! :up:

Good post. By all means, please enjoy it. We certainly enjoyed having him, for the most part, when he was healthy and on the field.

Maybe Ricky had his disorder under control but had alienated his coaches and teammates so much that he felt he couldn't reconcile their differences and he felt he needed a change.

Of course, it wasn't his decision, but I see where you're coming from.

Just don't be Deuce-bashin', folks, just because you want us to feel bad because of our supposed ill treatment of Ricky.

Just don't be Deuce-bashin', folks, just because you want us to feel bad because of our supposed ill treatment of Ricky. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hell Deuce had a great game Sunday by all means enjoy it.

I think what the poster (can't remember who) was saying was that it was weird that Deuce had so many carries and was used as a pounder type back instead of what the preception of what Deuces role was going to be by the comments made by Hasslette and Saints fans earler in the year. And also if him getting those amount of carries would eventually wear Deuce down to the point of injury.
I don't think it was meant as a bash, but my wife tells me i've been wrong before so maybe. :D

RAPTOR YOU ARE A VERY CLASSY PERSON. NOT TO MANY COME ON OUR BOARD HAVE THAT QUALITY.

That's, what I'm talken bout, Raptor. I, too reconize class when I see it. Your welcome to break bread at my table anytime. Welcome to our HOUSE. But dang, ya'll know how to beat a dead horse don't you. What, over 1000 replies to this thread. Onward, ever onward where it will end no one knows, but it's fun aint it.

Back
Top Bottom