Ricky versus Duece | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky versus Duece

Originally posted by Saint Greg
I will take 109 yrds rushing against a good Run D over what ricky did against a piece of **** D anyday....you dumb piece of ****.

Greg....man...sheesh.....And here I was thinking that you were a logical, mildly intelligent football fan.

Shame on you for that statement. I don't care what other people say or do. You're responsible for your own actions and comments.

Who really cares who's better? Neither one plays for the same team, against the same teams, or are in the same division/conference. And from what I see, neither will ever be compared to the other in order to win a game.

Originally posted by IceStorm

Greg....man...sheesh.....And here I was thinking that you were a logical, mildly intelligent football fan.

Shame on you for that statement. I don't care what other people say or do. You're responsible for your own actions and comments.

I appologize. I guess I overreacted when i saw some idiot that doesn't even know me.....call me a "dumb mofo"....I typically try to back my posts up with facts....rather than lashing out at someone and insulting them.

Originally posted by dol_fan_1313
You would have done the same thing if you had social anxiety disorder.

Again...let me preface my statements by saying I was a RW fan. I still like him and hope he does well. However, the social anxiety disorder thing confuses me. He was diagnosed with the disease before his final year here in New Orleans. He was on Paxil that final season, yet he still was a recluse avoiding his teammates whenever possible. I admit the disease is a major problem, but to say it was the reason for all his personal "issues" here is just a cop out. It was diagnosed and treated a full year before we finally traded him.

Originally posted by UNOPrivatr

He was diagnosed with the disease before his final year here in New Orleans. He was on Paxil that final season, yet he still was a recluse avoiding his teammates whenever possible. I admit the disease is a major problem, but to say it was the reason for all his personal "issues" here is just a cop out. It was diagnosed and treated a full year before we finally traded him.

It is a "cop out" as i've stated before. i've had the same anxiety disorder since 98.....I took paxil for 3 years....I take zoloft now. I've never acted like he did....On or off medication....I never acted like that.

You've never been pressed into a corner by a thousand people. Walk a mile in his shoes first, Greg. We don't know what that's like.

Originally posted by poornate
You've never been pressed into a corner by a thousand people. Walk a mile in his shoes first, Greg. We don't know what that's like.

8mil in the bank and everyone loves him...........poor guy.

You know....we're talking about how he was with his teamates as well......not just out in public....no different than me with people at work or school....and since i have the same disorder....let me give you an example of how i would react differently....He built up alot of fines last season because he liked to be late for team meetings. In the past he was never fined....he could do whatever he wanted with Dicka.....Anyways.....If it were me....with that disorder...i would make the extra effort to be early....because if you are late...you walk in.....and all eyes are on you....not something someone with a "social anxiety disorder" enjoys.

Just keep in mind that everyone has issues. NO didn't work out. I still don't consider it a copout. He had a ton laid on him there and it may have been to much. Whatever the problem was, him or the team, he seems to have left it in NO. all accounts I have read indicate he is healthy and happy. But like many of these threads I guess we'll have to just wait and see. You said you like him, so I guess we are both rooting for him in our own individual way.

Just keep in mind that everyone has issues. NO didn't work out. I still don't consider it a copout. He had a ton laid on him there and it may have been to much. Whatever the problem was, him or the team, he seems to have left it in NO. all accounts I have read indicate he is healthy and happy. But like many of these threads I guess we'll have to just wait and see. You said you like him, so I guess we are both rooting for him in our own individual way.

Well....I think that "ton" was taken off with the arrival of Aaron Brooks and Joe Horn.....We won a playoff game without him....How could all of the pressure have been on him? I think he liked the attention....i think he liked being the one that was always talked about....last season it was Brooks, Horn, Turley.......but now he's in Miami.....and he's the center of attention again....he's happy again.

He was healthy and happy when he arrived in NO too.....give it a year or two.

I do like ricky....Believe it or not, i'm still a fan of his.....and i hope he does very well.

....i think he liked being the one that was always talked about....last season it was Brooks, Horn, Turley.......but now he's in Miami.....and he's the center of attention again....he's happy again.

It was also his best year.

Originally posted by Saint Greg

You know....we're talking about how he was with his teamates as well......not just out in public....no different than me with people at work or school....and since i have the same disorder....let me give you an example of how i would react differently....He built up alot of fines last season because he liked to be late for team meetings. In the past he was never fined....he could do whatever he wanted with Dicka.....Anyways.....If it were me....with that disorder...i would make the extra effort to be early....because if you are late...you walk in.....and all eyes are on you....not something someone with a "social anxiety disorder" enjoys.

I don't know if you read this or not but before anyone assumes they know how he felt or what he was going through listen to the man himself and let him explain what was going on.

I'm sorry you have the same disorder but that doesn't mean because you share the same social anxiety disorder, doesn't mean you act alike, from what I've read about social anxiety disorder people share the same symptoms, but it dosen't mean they act alike or there actions are the same.

You use terms like " let me give you an example of how i would react differently" and "If it were me" well no offense but you're not him, he's not you and just because you share the same disorder dosen't mean you act the same or your actions are the same. So to presume that he shouldn't have acted like that because you don't or wouldn't have acted like that is foolish.

Let the man explain in his own words.

http://espn.go.com/magazine/vol5no19williams.html

It was also his best year.

I wouldn't say it was his best year....It was his only injury free year......i think 1,000 in 10 games (2000) is better than 1,200 in 16 games (2001)

Second play of the game Sunday Jay threw a pass to Gadsden. He caught it then was hit and the ball went up into the air and dropped by WAlker. One Dolphin sprinted into the frame to recover the ball, RW.

2000 was by far his best year. He was putting up Faulk-type numbers during that season. If he hadn't gotten hurt, we just might have challenged for the NFC Championship.

RW is a great football player with a LOT of heart. He's an AWESOME blocker and a determined player who, like Turley, didn't stop until the "echo of the whistle".

But a few things wore thin on the fans and his coaches and teammates:

But I was so miserable by the end of my second year in New Orleans that I was ready to quit football and go play baseball if my agents hadn't told me I'd have to give back so much money to do it. I even had them call the Texas Rangers to ask about the possibility anyway.

I was in San Diego, spending my days catching, throwing and hitting baseballs while my Saints teammates got ready for football without me. I was in football shape, but I was only physically devoted to the game, not mentally devoted, and I was flat afraid to go back to New Orleans.

The problem wasn't with the city, the sport, my teammates or my coach, even though I blamed all of them at one time or another.

Read the rest of the article and get the man's own words, condeming his own actions.

You want to know something?

It never really got better. Every offseason we'd get this story of how he'd changed, how he'd matured, how he was a different person. But every year it was the same thing, even after he found out about his social anxiety disorder and got on Paxil. The fans LOVED Ricky, and supported him. We thought he'd change.

But he didn't.

Ricky has heart. He's a great player. He doesn't stop on the field, and a change to sunny Miami, more like his beloved San Diego than New Orleans, was what he needed. We didn't dump him. We did what was best for him, and best for both our team and yours.

And that's the bottom line.

Back
Top Bottom