Ricky vs. James | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky vs. James

34RWilliams

The Future
Reaction score
In his 6th year he has 1589 carries for 6354yrds 4.0 yrds a carry avg.

Edgerrain James (6th Year)has 1494 carries for 6175yrds, 4.1 yrds a carry avg.

From the Stats it seems that Ricky is gonna be murdered by 2008
if Miami gives him over 300+ carries

I hope that we can balance out the run/pass effectively for Rickys sake and the teams sake because we havent had a great back since Csonka.

James seems to me like hes lost alot of his speed but he bounces off alot of tackles and how can they give him the ball so much and Peyton still puts up great numbers?

How long will Ricky last vs. James?

I realize that they have a Qb and we dont but we have young recievers..

THoughts

When i saw the topic "Ricky vs. James", i immediately thought of this...

clear.gif

But seriously, everyone thought that after ricky got hurt in New Orleans that he was gonna be the injury-prone RB of the two, since then he's joined Miami, been healthy, and the Edge has suffered through various injuries......

I think Ricky is a better Running Back because hes not injury prone in Miami like he was in New Orleans and he has more speed and power then James, i don't really think there is much of a comparison between the two.

Not much of a comparison????? Edgerrin came into the league and dominated right away. Led the NFL his first two years I believe. Sure he was slowed by an ACL injury that we all know takes two years to come back from, but last year he was starting to show signs of his old game. I think when both are healthy, Edgerrin may be a more complete back. I think next year will be telling since it will the first year I think Edge will be completely healthy.

I think both are great backs, but I think alot of people forget how good Edgerrin was afew years go.

No contest, James might get cut after this season anyways. But before the knee injury... I would have give the edge to "The Edge" :eat:

James imo has more talent and if they both were to stop playing right now, James was better but we'll have to wait and see what happens in the next 3 or 4 years.I'm glad we have Ricky but lets not say that he's been better than James cos is not true.

Ozzy rules!!

I think Ricky is much better becuase he havent had injuries like James but I also think that Ricky is faster then James no fence for that. Also last year season james finished of good but he was looking slow. I think he is not the same.

Surtain the Franchise!!!!

Originally posted by TerryTate
When i saw the topic "Ricky vs. James", i immediately thought of this...

clear.gif

But seriously, everyone thought that after ricky got hurt in New Orleans that he was gonna be the injury-prone RB of the two, since then he's joined Miami, been healthy, and the Edge has suffered through various injuries......

Yeah but Ricky has brought the anti-playoff Demons along with him. We need to shake the trend.
Go Dolphins!

The Edge hasn't been the same since his injurys. Ricky is fairly consistant, and is the all around better back currently.

Edge before his injury was the best RB in the NFL period. Nobody could touch him. Whoever said he didn't have speed is wrong....I remember Jimmy Johnson was talking about his 4.4 speed when the question was put to him before Edge was drafted.

Right now, I'd have to say that Ricky is the better back. Edge has lost speed and the quickness/agility that allowed him have great cutback ability. It also seems that Edge is still a little tentative when taking his first steps in comparison to pre-injury Edge.

Ricky and Edge are about even in my book. Edge has injury problems, but Ricky has major fumbling problems. It hasnt happened yet, but eventually a Ricky fumble will cost us a game. I also think Edge is a more dangerous reciever, but Ricky is more powerful up the middle.

These two backs are used for different reasons as well....Ricky is used, and appropriately so, as a power back, run up the middle and cutback into a lane....We have had no passing attack to speak of, so his value is that, a power back. James is used more like we use T. Minor, as a scat back, catch the ball out of the backfield type...He fits into the Colts offense well. I don't think if we reversed the two backs, that either would do as well as they have done on their current teams. Which is better ?? What style of offense do you want to run ??

You might do better to compare L. Tomlinson and James....those offenses are set up similarly.

the thing you really need to look at is Edge on is like 200 yards behind ricky and Edge was out with his injury for a year, so those stats are based on 5 years while rickys is based on 6 years minus the 6 or 7 games ricky missed with his ankle

When 100 percent healthy Edgerring James can do what Ricky can do and more. He is a much more explosive receiver out the backfield. If you take a note, Ricky williams always looks at what Edgerring James does and its always amazed and talks nothingbut great things of james. Knowing that he's had a knee surgury and can still play at a great level tells you the quality of the player that he is.

Back
Top Bottom