Ricky vs. James | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky vs. James

plus has those stats in a Pass first offense consisiting of peyton, harrison, pollad, wayne, ricky has done what he done in two run based systems of miami and new orleans

Originally posted by LarryFinFan
These two backs are used for different reasons as well....Ricky is used, and appropriately so, as a power back, run up the middle and cutback into a lane....We have had no passing attack to speak of, so his value is that, a power back. James is used more like we use T. Minor, as a scat back, catch the ball out of the backfield type...He fits into the Colts offense well. I don't think if we reversed the two backs, that either would do as well as they have done on their current teams. Which is better ?? What style of offense do you want to run ??

You might do better to compare L. Tomlinson and James....those offenses are set up similarly.

I disagree. Edge has been and is a powerback.
He just has great hands and knows how to run routes as well as some wideouts. He is great after the catch.
However, don't underestimate his abilities to take it up the middle with the best of em. He has power and can get low.

Edge does have great catching ability but when Riky can catch out of the backfield the hes dangerous hes got great speed and can punish some linebackers. Also when Rickys out in the open who can pretty much stop him, Safety and Db wise? I dont think theres any safety or DB that can over power ricky

i remember one game last season (forget the team) where it looked like some little kid repeatedly tackled Ricky by himself by essentially running into ricky side-to-side grabbing his waist and using his body to get in front of Ricky's legs and bring him down. It was almost comical b/c I thought Ricky was going to kill this guy and yet I saw him take Ricky down solo several times that game.

anyone remember that game? (i want to say the giants/bills but can't remember)

Edgerrin James was better than Ricky in their first 2-3 years in the league, but in the past 2 years Ricky has been the better back.

to me that whole thing about how many carries a rb gets determining how long they will last is overated. they only play 1 game a week for half the year. its not like they dont have any time to recover. if anything practice probly wears them out more than anything.

Originally posted by 34RWilliams
Edge does have great catching ability but when Riky can catch out of the backfield the hes dangerous hes got great speed and can punish some linebackers. Also when Rickys out in the open who can pretty much stop him, Safety and Db wise? I dont think theres any safety or DB that can over power ricky

Ohh yea? Watch the Buffalo game... Winfield layed ricky 5 times lol. He's only 185 lbs too.

You know what I hate, I am a dolphins fan and I can give you a good look at comparing players. Some people in this board are capable of saying Fiedler is better than Peyton manning. That is not the case with Edgerrin and Ricky However. Edge has ran more yards than ricky with much less carries and has caught more passes than ricky and has ran more yards than Ricky. After blowing his knee he is recovering slowly. Ricky Fumbles a lot and doesnt secure the ball when its thrown to him. Ricky runs with more power but nothing uncomparable to Edgerring james as he can run wiht amazing power and speed. James is also more agile than ricky, he can run west to east and shift, make tacklers miss. If you ask Ricky, he has said in his website many times in how he loves the play of James that he sometimes wants to copy some of his moves.

If 100% healthy....i'd take either one. Ricky is a slightly better power back, and Edge (when 100%) has slightly better moves and is a lil quicker, even tho the image of Ricky breaking Rodney Harrison's ankles with a juke in the game against the Chargers the yr before last makes me think Ricky may actually have the better moves (that was the sickest juke i've ever seen, he just embarrassed Rodney).

Put James behind our line last year and see who comes out on top. Ricky Williams is the best power back since Brown. With an outstanding line and a decent passing game, Ricky could easlily hold the single season record for yards.

Ricky came into the league rated behind E James....

But imo I would take R Williams over E James basically because he has a more team type attitude... James has refused to work out with the Colts during the offseason since he was drafted ..

James has lost more than a step and with the injuries that he has received over the past 3 seasons,, Ricky is physically more superior !!!

Marino1983

Originally posted by Unclemeat
Put James behind our line last year and see who comes out on top. Ricky Williams is the best power back since Brown. With an outstanding line and a decent passing game, Ricky could easlily hold the single season record for yards.
Earl Campbell was a better power back than Ricky. I'm sure there's been others since Brown that are better than Ricky. Even today Jamal Lewis is better.

Originally posted by juniorseau55
If you ask Ricky, he has said in his website many times in how he loves the play of James that he sometimes wants to copy some of his moves.

:confused:

So this would verify that E James is a better rb than Ricky ???

R Williams is a very unselfish player.. He has nothing but praise for his fellow teammates and NFL counterparts ...

E James imo is NOT a team player and has shown himself to be very egotistical when discussing other rb's in the league..

This is not saying that James isn't a great back but of the 2,, I just believe that he carries more baggage than R Williams ever has !!

Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom