ricky will start..... | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ricky will start.....

DrAstroZoom said:
I don't know ... I think making $550,000 + incentives versus owing $8 million can be a pretty strong motivator.

That's exactly my point.

Ronnie has all preseason and 4 regular season to prove himself if he does well Saban will not split carries or bench ronnie Ricky wont start

Ozzy said:
But see Miami Dolphins fans do not buy Ben's Jersey. It's not about making up for it. It's about how much they could have made..

silly rabbit

Miami fans still buy enough Marino jerseys to make up for it :D

That's beside the point. You argued that the NFL was not losing any $ because RW wasn't playing. I demonstrated to you that no matter how you slice it, they lost a revenue stream

you didn't demonstrate anything, yeah they might take a minor hit but it gets made up for. The bottom linbe is do you think the higher ups in the league office were fretting over Ricky coming back? The NFL is a cash machine and it doesn't matter who is playing and who doesn't.

L.T.21 said:
Giving the ball to Ricky over Ronnie at any point of the season is utterly DUMB! Sorry guys, but Ronnie is and will be your future. Why in the heck waste a play on him when you have Brown- you know, the guy that you drafted #2 overall!

If there are ANY takers for RW, even if its 6th or 7th round---TRADE HIS BUTT!
Read this :)

nyjunc said:
you didn't demonstrate anything,

Dude, look at it this way. You've got 22, 1 oz. gold ingots, k? Each gold ingot represents a player with marketing value. Now, you add another player with marketing value, another 1 oz. ingot, if you will. Now, is 23 oz of gold worth more than 22 oz of gold? Got it?

nyjunc said:
yeah they might take a minor hit but it gets made up for.

It's not a question of "getting made up for". You're approaching this like "we've can only sell X number of jerseys", and that's not the case. Again, look at it like each player is an ounce of gold. Just because they lost one, then found two new ones, doesn't mean that they wouldn't want to find the one they lost.

nyjunc said:
The bottom linbe is do you think the higher ups in the league office were fretting over Ricky coming back?
"Fretting"? as in literally wringing their hands and sweating? No, I don't. When they learned he retired though, I imagine the first thing that crossed their mind was, "that sucks", and jersey sales were probably tightly connected with that thought.

nyjunc said:
The NFL is a cash machine and it doesn't matter who is playing and who doesn't.
Go back to the example of the 1 oz gold ingots.

Agua said:
Dude, look at it this way. You've got 22, 1 oz. gold ingots, k? Each gold ingot represents a player with marketing value. Now, you add another player with marketing value, another 1 oz. ingot, if you will. Now, is 23 oz of gold worth more than 22 oz of gold? Got it?

It's not a question of "getting made up for". You're approaching this like "we've can only sell X number of jerseys", and that's not the case. Again, look at it like each player is an ounce of gold. Just because they lost one, then found two new ones, doesn't mean that they wouldn't want to find the one they lost.

"Fretting"? as in literally wringing their hands and sweating? No, I don't. When they learned he retired though, I imagine the first thing that crossed their mind was, "that sucks", and jersey sales were probably tightly connected with that thought.

Go back to the example of the 1 oz gold ingots.

It's not that big of deal. I get what you are saying but players come and go, one year Kordell Stewart jerseys are popular and the next they aren't. Ricky jerseys were popular for a couple of seasons but who knows if they would have been last year if he struggled again which he likely would have done w/ that team and now you wouldn't have Ronnie Brown and Ronnie Brown jerseys wouldn't be selling.

Well, as long as you see the point. The NFL does make money by having hyping up popular players. That's why I said that it wouldn't *surprise* me if they found some slimey way to wriggle him out of the suspension.

Agua said:
Well, as long as you see the point. The NFL does make money by having hyping up popular players. That's why I said that it wouldn't *surprise* me if they found some slimey way to wriggle him out of the suspension.

I think the case is too high profile for them to take away the suspension especially since his agent and the NFL agreed to a deal last year and Ricky declined it. If that hadn't happened I could see the NFL reducing it or getting rid of it but since it happened I'd be shocked if he doesn't sit at least 4 games.

Back
Top Bottom