ricky will start..... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ricky will start.....

ill say that he wont even be the #2 RB for the opening game of the season.

he will eventually be moved to the #2 spot behind brown at about game 3 or 4.

but thats just my opinion... :cooldude:

ch19079 said:
ill say that he wont even be the #2 RB for the opening game of the season.

he will eventually be moved to the #2 spot behind brown at about game 3 or 4.

but thats just my opinion... :cooldude:

Ricky won't even be on the active roster till game 5 (which because of the bye is week 6). Ricky cannot serve his suspension in preseason....he will miss the first 4 regular season games and return against Tampa.

Ricky is a long shot. Boston has a better chance making the pro bowl than Ricky does starting in game 1.

jaxdolfan said:
Ricky is a long shot. Boston has a better chance making the pro bowl than Ricky does starting in game 1.

its hard to start game 1 when you are suspended for the first 4 :D

nyjunc said:
How does the NFL lose money when Ricky Williams isn't playing?

The NFL, especially under Tags, markets the NFL like it was the NBA: an emphasis on individual stars more than teams. Having SuperStars(tm) moves merchandise. Now, four games ain't going to make a big dent one way or the other. And I'm not saying that this IS what will happen, but it wouldn't *surprise* me if the NFL finds some way to wiggle him out of the 4 game suspension. Again, I go back to the "rules apply as convenient" policies of the NFL under Tagliabue: TO & SF/Balt/Philly, Eli & SD/NYG.

yankeehillbilly said:
Ricky won't even be on the active roster till game 5 (which because of the bye is week 6). Ricky cannot serve his suspension in preseason....he will miss the first 4 regular season games and return against Tampa.

if thats the case, (meaning he does not win any battles to get out of the suspention), than it will all depend on how the other RBs play in the first 4 games.

IronChef said:
if ricky successfully challenges his 4 game suspension like a lot of people are saying then you can bet your bottom dollar that ricky will be starting on opening day. Fact of the matter is that if ricky gets back up to 225-230 and is running people over in camp (like he is known to do) then regardless of how ronnie looks they will go with ricky... And of ricky runs all over the broncos and has a 200 yd game then watch how fast brown becomes an understudy... He will get his plays but ricky will be the focal point. Ricky is the only or one of the few backs in the league that can make opposing teams change their normal scheme just to stop him.. IE:putting 8 men in the box..... Bottom line is that if ricky comes back ready to play coupled with a healthy david boston and a healthy offense we will have the scariest offense in the league.. HANDS DOWN

part of the deal is that he will sit the first 4 games. This is already a done deal. He could use the 4 extra weeks of practice but he will be ready.

nyjunc said:
That's my guess, I'll be shocked if he actually plays a reg season game for you.

Ricky has no trade value as of now. Saban will get Ricky on the field as much as he can throughout the year to raise his trade value for 2006. If Ricky sits the bench his value will drop even more than it is at now.
You'd have to be brain dead to believe Saban won't get Ricky on the field as much as he can simply for future trade value.

Agua said:
The NFL, especially under Tags, markets the NFL like it was the NBA: an emphasis on individual stars more than teams. Having SuperStars(tm) moves merchandise. Now, four games ain't going to make a big dent one way or the other. And I'm not saying that this IS what will happen, but it wouldn't *surprise* me if the NFL finds some way to wiggle him out of the 4 game suspension. Again, I go back to the "rules apply as convenient" policies of the NFL under Tagliabue: TO & SF/Balt/Philly, Eli & SD/NYG.

Ricky Williams is not a superstar, he is not a Peyon or a Brady or a Vick. He is a mguy who had 1 big time season and has been mediocre the rest of his career, he is a good player and the NFL wants him to play b/c he is good BUT the NFL is not losing money over Ricky Williams.

nyjunc said:
Ricky Williams is not a superstar, he is not a Peyon or a Brady or a Vick. He is a mguy who had 1 big time season and has been mediocre the rest of his career, he is a good player and the NFL wants him to play b/c he is good BUT the NFL is not losing money over Ricky Williams.

Oh, yes it has. I bet there wasn't a whole hell of a big difference between P. Manning & RopeWeed jersey sales in 2003 and pre-retirement 2004. The NFL lost sales revenue and you're a fool to even state otherwise. Just personally, I wish he'd blow away and never return. And, again, read the limitations of what I posted: it would not *surprise* me if it happened. I expressly said that I wasn't predicting that it would, or even that I was anticipating it. Only that it wouldn't surprise me, and, well, it wouldn't.

Agua said:
Oh, yes it has. I bet there wasn't a whole hell of a big difference between P. Manning & RopeWeed jersey sales in 2003 and 2004. The NFL lost sales revenue and you're a fool to even state otherwise. Just personally, I wish he'd blow away and never return. And, again, read the limitations of what I posted: it would not *surprise* me if it happened. I expressly said that I wasn't predicting that it would, or even that I was anticipating it. Only that it wouldn't surprise me, and, well, it wouldn't.

There are enough stars(and new stars) to pick up the slack from where Ricky left off. I think Roethlisberger alone more than made up for Ricky.

nyjunc said:
There are enough stars(and new stars) to pick up the slack from where Ricky left off. I think Roethlisberger alone more than made up for Ricky.

And why in the world would they not want to add MORE sales? See? There's no way around it; Rope Weed made $ for the NFL.

Agua said:
And why in the world would they not want to add MORE sales? See? There's no way around it; Rope Weed made $ for the NFL.

What does the NFL do when players retire then? Do you think they were sitting around their NYC offices and fretting about Ricky coming back? The league will survuve and thrive no matter who comes and goes.

Back
Top Bottom