ricky will start..... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ricky will start.....

Giving the ball to Ricky over Ronnie at any point of the season is utterly DUMB! Sorry guys, but Ronnie is and will be your future. Why in the heck waste a play on him when you have Brown- you know, the guy that you drafted #2 overall!

If there are ANY takers for RW, even if its 6th or 7th round---TRADE HIS BUTT!

nyjunc said:
Ricky Williams is not a superstar, he is not a Peyon or a Brady or a Vick. He is a mguy who had 1 big time season and has been mediocre the rest of his career, he is a good player and the NFL wants him to play b/c he is good BUT the NFL is not losing money over Ricky Williams.

Vick is a superstar?

jlfin said:
Vick is a superstar?

Have you been asleep the past few years? Outside of Peyton he is the most marketable guy in the league. he's all over the place and his jersey is top 3 in sales(if not #1).

L.T.21 said:
Giving the ball to Ricky over Ronnie at any point of the season is utterly DUMB! Sorry guys, but Ronnie is and will be your future. Why in the heck waste a play on him when you have Brown- you know, the guy that you drafted #2 overall!

If there are ANY takers for RW, even if its 6th or 7th round---TRADE HIS BUTT!

Even if only used to spell Ronnie, Ricky has more value to the team than he does to anyone else. Using Ricky for a year or two will help to extend Ronnie's career. I would be against starting Ricky over Ronnie... but not against using them both effectively. Trading him for nothing would be dumb, IMO.

phinphanphrommi said:
Even if only used to spell Ronnie, Ricky has more value to the team than he does to anyone else. Using Ricky for a year or two will help to extend Ronnie's career. I would be against starting Ricky over Ronnie... but not against using them both effectively. Trading him for nothing would be dumb, IMO.

Trading him for a 6th or 7th is not "nothing." There are plenty of issues you can address with those later picks. IMHO: Ricky lost all credibility in my book, besides openly using marijuana, the guy quit on his team without any regards to his teammates, fans, and the organization. Why such the long leash on someone that disrespected the ENTIRE TEAM?

Do you really want RB learning from RW? Yes, at one point in time the guy was a stud RB. But I always live by "cutting your losses." Let go of him before he becomes another distraction to the team. Do you really think RW wants to play football? If it wasnt for financial reasons, he would stillbe growinghis beard on top of a mountain somewhere.

RB seems like a kid that has his head on straight. Besides he has Nick to listen to. RW vs. Nick ---Id take Saban.

L.T.21 said:
Do you really think RW wants to play football? If it wasnt for financial reasons, he would stillbe growinghis beard on top of a mountain somewhere.

I don't know ... I think making $550,000 + incentives versus owing $8 million can be a pretty strong motivator.

nyjunc said:
Ricky Williams is not a superstar, he is not a Peyon or a Brady or a Vick. He is a mguy who had 1 big time season and has been mediocre the rest of his career, he is a good player and the NFL wants him to play b/c he is good BUT the NFL is not losing money over Ricky Williams.

Hate to tell you this but from a Jersey stand point alone, they lost big money. His Jersey was one of the top sellers at one point, and all of a sudden a $75.00 jersey sold for $30.00........

There is a little tag that says NFL gear on all merchandise, so they indeed get a chunk of it.

nyjunc said:
There are enough stars(and new stars) to pick up the slack from where Ricky left off. I think Roethlisberger alone more than made up for Ricky.

But see Miami Dolphins fans do not buy Ben's Jersey. It's not about making up for it. It's about how much they could have made..

silly rabbit

nyjunc said:
What does the NFL do when players retire then? Do you think they were sitting around their NYC offices and fretting about Ricky coming back? The league will survuve and thrive no matter who comes and goes.

That's beside the point. You argued that the NFL was not losing any $ because RW wasn't playing. I demonstrated to you that no matter how you slice it, they lost a revenue stream. Sure, new players come in and ADD to the total intake; old players retire or their popularity wanes. Happens all the time. RW walked out in his prime and he still probably has a couple more high production years left in him. RopeWeed makes $ for the NFL. Period. It doesn't matter that Ben Rothlisberger or Michael Vick takes up slack, or that all of a sudden Curtis Martin jerseys sell 3X normal volume. NFL makes more $ with RW playing than with him not playing.

maybe you forgot the fact that he hasnt played in a year or even been althletic in that time. he miiiiiight get up too weight but there is no way he's ready to start over a back about 21651651 times more versitile

Personally, I think we'll be lucky if Ricky does anything for us. And if he does, I think we'll trade him as soon as any other team offers anything. Bottom line, to succeed in the NFL, you have to play hard. And let's face it, Ricky's only motivation for returning to football is that he couldn't find a yoga instructor job that has a $500k starting salary.

Start the best player. If some how Kay Jay is the best running back coming out of preseason then start him(I don't care as long as we are winning). Saban wants to win and he will put the best guy in no matter what.

Back
Top Bottom