Ricky Williams is ..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams is .....

Denny

GENERAL MANAGER
Reaction score
Ricky Williams is the best back in the league right now. I have seen him play in four games now and I cannot for the life me choose another back I rather have. The list for me was

F. Taylor
Edge
S. Alexander
Faulk
P. Holmes
L. Tomlison

Now, I know there could be a great debate and each player has his own strengths and weakness. It is the latter point that I think only Edge compares. Ricky is FAST, STRONG, and BIG. The only other back comparable is the EDGE. We have a back that can play the inside the tackle game. We have a back that can play the outside game. We have a back that can play the catching game. I love this Cat. I think he is the sole reason we make the Super Bowl.

Denny

I loved watching him run in his limited action this past Sunday. It was the first chance I've gotten to see my Dolphins here on the west coast. ...and the pictures from the game with the Jets 2 weeks ago - the guy's a freakin' horse! He doesn't make a lot of fancy cuts either. He just runs you over.

I would take Edgerrin because he is faster and has excellent visibility in traffic. He looks like he is dribbling the football past people...but when it comes time to lower the shoulder, he packs a Ricky Williams type of hit.

I take Ricky over edge for the sole reason of Edge's knee injury last year. I don't care what anyone says...an injury lke that stays with you forever.

Originally posted by Samphin
I take Ricky over edge for the sole reason of Edge's knee injury last year. I don't care what anyone says...an injury lke that stays with you forever.

That's the same reason I'd put Egde down the list right now. Until he proves he's back I wouldn't touch him.

I'd take Marshall and Priest over Ricky right now. Then throw Ricky, Duece, Henry, Fred Taylor and Amman Green into a bag and pick anyone of them out.

BTW Rebar71 - Ricky's "limited action" Sunday was still 25 carries. Not actually limited.

Originally posted by RobertHoover
I'd take Marshall and Priest over Ricky right now. Then throw Ricky, Duece, Henry, Fred Taylor and Amman Green into a bag and pick anyone of them out.
even bill fans will admit that travis henry is playing over his head. he's a good back, but i would NOT put him the same category with those others.

ps-its easy to forget corey dillon b/c he plays for bung-holes, but imagine the #'s he puts up behind an AVERAGE offensive line with a servicable passing attack

Priest and Faulk are the premier RBs right now in their own categories. After that next level are Ricky, Tomlinson, Deuce and Green followed closely by Henry, Taylor and James

I forgot LD and you're right, Dillion gets missed because he's a Bengal. I would lump Deuce (1st year starting), Taylor (health), TH (1st full season), James(health until he proves otherwise) together.

Green and LD are better than Ricky but anyone in that second group (LD, CD, RW, AG, TH, FT, DM) could be interchanged onto any of their teams and be a solid back.

I don't think anyone else (right now) gets into that group. Maybe Shawn in Seattle but I'd like to see more consistancy from him. Same with Gardner and Garrison Heurst.

Dillion gets missed because he's a Bengal.
he's up there w/RW, but could he do it in the NFL, I mean if his games counted ?

Thats the question we may neveranswer. Thats why stats are sometimes out of wack. Can a player do it when it counts.

I love ricky. SOme station showed a play of his late in the 4th qtr I think it was against the Jets were they showed the face of two defenders that were about to hit Ricky and there faced showed an expression like "OH SH%T" It was hillarious, it goes to show that People know when its late in the game he packs a punch

Originally posted by dolphan39
Priest and Faulk are the premier RBs right now in their own categories. After that next level are Ricky, Tomlinson, Deuce and Green followed closely by Henry, Taylor and James

Taylor is in the same league as Ricky. Taylor could be in the same league as Priest if he didn't get injured all the time. He has that speed, awareness and agility that is just off the chain.

Back
Top Bottom