Ricky Williams retiring | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams retiring

dirwuf

Scout Team
Reaction score
@JasonLaCanfora

Ricky Williams informed BAL officials he's retiring. Ends a distinguished if unconventional career. Team would have welcomed him back

Good luck Ricckkkyyyyyyyy!! Run Ricky Run. I know its controversial but he is one of my favorite phins ever.

I'm really happy he got to break the 10,000 yard barrier. That's a pretty big milestone.

and now there's this...

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1312/ricky-williams

The Ravens would have welcomed him back at age 35, and Profootballtalk reports "there's a feeling he could return later in the offseason." Williams' colorful career has been one given to whims, so it would hardly be a surprise if he reverses the decision down the road. A dichotomy in shoulder pads, Williams' bruising, take-no-prisoners running style was offset by a softer, soul-searching side rarely seen among high-profile NFL stars. If this is truly the end, Williams finishes with 10,009 rushing yards, 2,606 receiving yards, 74 TDs, and a first-team All-Pro nod in 2002

Good luck Ricky!

He will remain one of my favorite Phins, even after all the tumult he caused here at times. He was a unique figure in a sport of jocks. His public battle with social anxiety disorder and his quest to find himself helped many people, including myself, overcome their own issues. It was a privilege to watch his growth as a person over the years. Plus, he gave us a ton of memorable runs! Damn, the dude was a beast in his prime. I still haven't enjoyed a season as much as watching him run in 2002.

Interesting. On January 30th, he told Ravens.com that he planned to return...

"My body feels good and I know I’m going to train hard and so I’m excited about next year," said Williams, who turns 35 in May. "... I'm not so surprised I've played this long, but I am surprised at how good I feel." The Ravens will eventually need to begin thinking about a better long-term No. 2 back behind Ray Rice, but Williams can hold down the fort for one more season.

Interesting. On January 30th, he told Ravens.com that he planned to return...

Who knows with Ricky... He is a guy who lives in the moment. In that moment, he probably felt up to it. And after further consideration, he would rather proceed to the next stage of his life.

I suppose its possible he failed another drug test, but even so, it was probably time for him to retire. Its good that he was able to make it through his NFL career without ending up like Earl Campbell. He was on that path with Wanny.

Just wondering, since the Sparano regeme has departed, if he wants to return to south Florida.
Who knows with Ireland/Ricky. Stranger things have happened.

Best wishes Ricky it was a pleasure following your journey...

It's funny that Ricky's real gift wasn't even on the football field and is pretty much not understood by a large portion of society.

Ricky maybe off the football path but he will continue to evolve and most likely be an inspiration to those who see...
and that he is just continuing on that path less traveled and even more less understood......
peace peace peace........Ricky (it is all in the mind) at least for now....lol

Had he kept his nose clean he would be in the Hall of Fame....but he still had a very good career, and he redeemed himself after the way he left the team.

I seem to recall him saying a few years back in an interview that he after his playing days are over, his intent is to return to school to prepare for a new career in holistic medicine. If that's still the case, hope he's successful; He's always been the guy on the team I'd choose first to sit down and have a few drinks with. Good luck Ricky.
R

Back
Top Bottom