Ricky Williams retiring | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams retiring

I wish this was his way of some how returning to the dolphins to play for us. This would be awesome because he is my favorite Miami Dolphin by far!!!

Good Luck to you Tricky Ricky! Man he was a beast in his prime. Had he stayed focused and wanted it, I think he could have been one of the all time greats. I still cherish watching him at his peak in 2002. He was a man amongst boys.

On a related note, every time I think about that 2002 team my blood boils. How could we go with Ray Lucas as our back up quarterback? Damn you Wanny!

I wish the Dolphins would have been able to keep him so that he could retire as a Dolphin. I also hate the Patriots even more for blocking him from playing in the Super Bowl.

Good riddance. I know it's unpopular, and I know everyone is more "evolved" and "in touch" than I am, but **** that.

I was an offensive lineman though my breif and undistinguished career in organized football. There was nothing I enjoyed, or valued
about myself than to know I did my job well. It ****ed with me when the majority of the run plays didn't come over my back. I don't understand
players that don't want the ball.

The bottom line is that Ricky really didn't want the ball.

I don't understand that.

I guess that's why I can never bring myself to embrace the guy. He had the shot, and he **** all over it. I suppose it's lots of my own bitterness showing through, but it is what it is. I can't help but think the only reason he came back to the game was because all his fatherless children needed more support.

Speaking of that...Now what?

I hope his spiritual investments are enough to sustain those kids 5 by 3 women....Until they are 18.

Then what?

He had a great career that had a few potholes but now he is a much more well rounded human being with a career setup for after football...

he ran for over 10,000 yards...a hell of a feat...to say he simply "didn't want the football" I feel that is wrong...but did he care about going down as the greatest running back of all time? I don't think he did...it's not everyone's goal to be the best or remembered forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who never watched the 30 in 30 Run Ricky Run documentary...here it is

[video=youtube;qilWFyiogvA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qilWFyiogvA[/video]

He had a great career that had a few potholes but now he is a much more well rounded human being with a career setup for after football...

he ran for over 10,000 yards...a hell of a feat...to say he simply "didn't want the football" I feel that is wrong...but did he care about going down as the greatest running back of all time? I don't think he did...it's not everyone's goal to be the best or remembered forever.
I've never seen a RB that didn't want the ball, thought about not playing because of the ball, or otherwise considered anything than "THE BALL". It's who RBs
are like by nature and the demands of the position.

Is he a worse person by going other directions in football? No. I don't think so.

I would say there are issues with him as a person with littering children all over the place without being there for them in a relationship...Yes..But that hardly demonizes him. It also stops him short of annointed saviorhood and who I'd want to "Teach Me The Better Way" (Quoted, because I ripped that line off a Dr Hook song.)

If you are a Running Back. You get the ball. It's who you are. It's what you do. Carry the ball. You should want the ball.

Complaining about getting the ball is not done. Not if you really want the ball. I can't ever remember fadeing in the face of a coach that relied on me. Then, or in later life.

I've never seen a RB that didn't want the ball, thought about not playing because of the ball, or otherwise considered anything than "THE BALL". It's who RBs

Is he a worse person by going other directions in football? No. I don't think so.

I would say there are issues with him as a person with littering children all over the place without being there for them in a relationship...Yes..But that hardly demonizes him. It also stops him short of annointed saviorhood and who I'd want to "Teach Me The Better Way" (Quoted, because I ripped that line off a Dr Hook song.)

If you are a Running Back. You get the ball. It's who you are. It's what you do. Carry the ball. You should want the ball.

Complaining about getting the ball is not done. Not if you really want the ball. I can't ever remember fadeing in the face of a coach that relied on me. Then, or in later life.

that's what makes Ricky special, the fact that he is different.

Definitely not the career everyone thought he would have when he came out of Texas.

where is all this "he didn't want the ball" stuff even coming from ??

if it's only in reference to him retiring after playing for a ****ty coach who ran him into a wall over and over when everyone knew it then I dont blame him...I never sensed that with him...how do you get 10,000+ yards without wanting the ball?

Ricky's career wth the Dolphins epitomizes the plite of Dolphin fans for this decade.
So much unfullfilled talent,so many highs(no pun intended) coupled with so many lows.
I believe Ricky to be a good man,that knows he has feet of clay.
As we see him go,all I can say about him is what I say about the Dolphins of this past decade... What if?
Good Luck Ricky.

peace out ricky . thanks for all the memories. second best dolphin to handle the rock for us, only behind csonka.
rickywilliams-1.jpg

Ricky was on a league of his own talent wise compared to Csonka. Had he never retired he would have been considered the best no debate.

Back
Top Bottom