Ricky Williams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams

Maybe the Raider will trade LaMont Jordan and 1st for Ricky,

Note Jorden is out due a MCL tear, also Huggy Bear Jr, has been(reportly) coming on strong.

Technically he has to apply for reinstatement then actually get reinstated before this conversation can take place. I feel that if he is reinstated that he will come back to Miami no questions asked. You see Ricky is like a little kid and Saban going out of his way for him meant alot to him. Ricky needs to be coddled and Saban does that for him. Look as many problems as he brings it's like Zach Thomas said " I just want to win" You don't think he would have been huge in the Jacksonville and Buffalo games??? I guarentee you that Ricky would have picked up 4th and a foot!

He's the ultimate unaccountable player of our team. He's a great talent don't get me wrong but as soon as he starts helping us out again he's going to **** up and get caught doing something he shouldn't. IMO we should just try to pick up another RB Via FA or the draft.

Yeah...let's just try to find a 1000+ rusher in FA cuz they are a dime a dozen...I just wish it was that easy.

Technically he has to apply for reinstatement then actually get reinstated before this conversation can take place. I feel that if he is reinstated that he will come back to Miami no questions asked. You see Ricky is like a little kid and Saban going out of his way for him meant alot to him. Ricky needs to be coddled and Saban does that for him. Look as many problems as he brings it's like Zach Thomas said " I just want to win" You don't think he would have been huge in the Jacksonville and Buffalo games??? I guarentee you that Ricky would have picked up 4th and a foot!

Yeah, I agree on all points. Plus, Ricky already said he doesn't feel the need to be the feature back, so it's really the best situation for him and us both. For us, we get an outstanding #2 RB and for him-minimal pressure. Count me as one who hopes he comes back next year.

He doesn't HAVE TO come back. If Toronto signs him a good dollar deal, he can file for bankruptcy and deal with the charges like that.

I like Ricky Williams, was a huge fan of his during his 1800 yard season. With that said, if he doesn't want to come back, then I don't want him back. I only want players that want to play for this team. Besides, we have Ronnie Brown, who is our franchise player.

I am probably one of the biggest Ricky fans on this board. And what he did for us in 2002 and last year will not be forgotten. But, he only needs to be here if he WANTS to be here. If the man's hear is in it welcome him back and see him make a difference for this team on the field. If Canada is a better fit for him then fine and it has been real. I only want him back if he can show 100% committment to do what he needs to do to stay on the field and play within the rules of the league.

Maybe the Raider will trade LaMont Jordan and 1st for Ricky,

Note Jorden is out due a MCL tear, also Huggy Bear Jr, has been(reportly) coming on strong.

Can I ask you to honestly think about something? If Ricky were the property of another team, would you support the Dolphins trading anyone or anything for a player who is one more violation away from banishment?

Now, that being said, he is ours ... and at $500K per season, he can be the best backup RB in the league, but I'll never make the mistake of relying on him again. He has proven to be a disruptive (yet talented) flake. He has absolutely NO trade value.

Can I ask you to honestly think about something? If Ricky were the property of another team, would you support the Dolphins trading anyone or anything for a player who is one more violation away from banishment?

Now, that being said, he is ours ... and at $500K per season, he can be the best backup RB in the league, but I'll never make the mistake of relying on him again. He has proven to be a disruptive (yet talented) flake. He has absolutely NO trade value.

Yep. We keep him and utilize him or lose him with absolutely no compensation in return. Its pretty cut and dry. He comes back clean and play within the rules and he will be a significant contributor. If not it is the last straw and a shame for what could have been.

The CFL has passed a rule that bans teams from signing NFL players who are serving suspensions. It is very likely that he will be in Miami.

Three things;
1. You simply can't depend on Ricky. Ricky will be Ricky, if hes suspended so what? Doesn't matter the salary, he can't help if hes in Canada

2. Definite need for a backup RB plus more talent period. Up and down the roster, 50% of the current roster would be spot players(at best) on better teams.

3. Never count out Al Davis to do the unthinkable. plus Ricky has family in the Oakland area.

This isn't personal, this is business.

Hes going to come back and get kicked out of the league permanately and go play in the CFL!

Go Hamilton Ti-Cats!

ricky is just totally awesome i cannot wait till we have him back in and start going to the playoffs again with him in our backfield. he is a proven winner and great player which is little that i can say about most of the other oplayers on our offense.

Im still pissed for what he did to this team but we dont have any choice .he is our best running back we have.Until we get one like him we will have to put up with his crap.

well said Mr. Bumpus!

Bingo!

Yes, he does HAVE TO come back. He is contractually obligated to the Dolphins, and even if he files for bankruptcy, he can't play for any other team unless the Dolphins give him permission. If he files for bankruptcy, than he won't have to reimburse the team for money paid to him in years past... but the Dolphins are the one's holding the cards here, and Ricky really has no say in the matter. He will be back in Miami, retire, or be traded. The only way he plays in Toronto next year is if they pay the 'Fins millions of dollars to release him from his Miami contract... he didn't play well enough in Toronto to warrant that. So he'll be back.

You nailed it, Ricky will be back, like it or not. I like it, Ricky & Ronnie will be a great combo and win some games for us IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom