Ricky Williams | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams

Nuttin'

If Ricky can straighten out, perhaps he will have a "John Riggins" kinda second career. The most we could get out of him on trade is a last round pick.

Realisticly he's almost worth nothing. Unless he reforms, which he can only prove by doing, and if he does that, the most benefit that can come to the Dolphins will be that he does those years with us. By the time he finishes proving himself, he essentially will be over the hill.

I don't think so.

Sorry, but that would be Larry Csonka.

basically

basically you need to either utilize his talents to help you or give him enough carries to display that hes still good so you CAN trade him because right now his trade value is basically dead (some teams might be desperate)

basically you need to either utilize his talents to help you or give him enough carries to display that hes still good so you CAN trade him because right now his trade value is basically dead (some teams might be desperate)

I don't know how well you followed it but Ricky according to Saban is a dream to coach. Leads by example always giving 100% I don't trust him, but he IS cheap, with little or no trade value. Finest backup in the bidness....

eh

I don't know how well you followed it but Ricky according to Saban is a dream to coach. Leads by example always giving 100% I don't trust him, but he IS cheap, with little or no trade value. Finest backup in the bidness....

I followed it quite well, and as I said they could utilize his talents, as in he could still be there as be used. Sabin saying Ricky is a "coaches dream" doesn't mean Sabin won't trade him.

All that meant was that when Ricky is there, on the team, without having been suspended or anything like that, he is a very hard worker. He leads by example as in, works hard. Don't take that comment for mroe than its worth. Also, is Ricky a hard worker? I guess, but he has a personality disorder that does not allow him to be all that "stable", so no one knows how hard he'll decide to work to get back into game shape.

You can't even call him the finest backup right now. The most-talented backup? Sure, but right now we have no idea where hes at as a player.

Technically he has to apply for reinstatement then actually get reinstated before this conversation can take place. I feel that if he is reinstated that he will come back to Miami no questions asked. You see Ricky is like a little kid and Saban going out of his way for him meant alot to him. Ricky needs to be coddled and Saban does that for him. Look as many problems as he brings it's like Zach Thomas said " I just want to win" You don't think he would have been huge in the Jacksonville and Buffalo games??? I guarentee you that Ricky would have picked up 4th and a foot!

Yep, I agree. As good as Brown and Morris have been for us, they are not in William's league. Maybe one day, but right now, no way.

Not only is Ricky contractually obligated to the Fins, but the CFL just added a new rule at the end of this season that prevents players who are banned from the NFL from playing in the CFL. I believe that the whole Ricky situation prompted them to enact the new rule.
Even if he does come back though, I will never trust him. He is an incredible talent, but he is too much of a headcase. He is guaranteed to screw up again.

We don't know any of these players really, I don't trust one of them but would love to see Ricky play next year, besides if he screws up wit have other options now albeit not as great of an option.

Back
Top Bottom