Ricky's Dreads Gone | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky's Dreads Gone

JimmyNock

Starter
Reaction score
Found this on ESPN Insider, I liked the dreads he is going to look weird without them.

A little off the top?

One of the most famous heads of hair in sports is no more: Dolphins running back Ricky Williams has shaved off his distinctive dreadlocks.

''It's pretty traumatic,'' Williams said by phone Saturday from his Australian vacation. ``I look a lot different. I'm not used to it yet.''

Williams has kept the dreadlocks uncut since childhood. Always introspective, he decided to alter his trademark look and go bald as a cleansing symbol for the new player and person he wants to be in 2004.

Two other factors: He prefers anonymity, and now he'll be less recognizable. And defenders won't be able to tackle him by the hair anymore.

It'll be a while before South Florida sees his new look. Williams is backpacking this month through Australia, where he says very few people have recognized him with or without hair.

-- DAN LE BATARD

Staff Edit: Since it also appears on the Herald's website, we'll just say that's where it came from :)

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/7958089.htm

He did this to make him less recognizible? Well, I doubt many Australians know who he is anyway. And when he comes back to South Florida, his new look will be in newspapers and magazines, making him recognizible again.

I thought the dreads were cool.

Gotta say I'm sad to see the dreads go.

Originally posted by Muck
Gotta say I'm sad to see the dreads go.

I'm not. I always thought they made him look like a fugly chic.

Oliver...

Yeah, I'm a little sad, but if Ricky wants it that way, let him have it that way. He'll probably do better without having to worry about defenders pulling his hair and the heat inside his helmet.
I hope he is happy with his new haircut. I'll support him no matter what he does. He's earned my respect.

I don't miss my mullet :rocker:

Wow, just by cutting his hair should give him an extra 2 or 3 hundred yards next season.Actually, they looked terrible anyway. It looks like they'd never been clean and it looks disgusting imo. But as long as he plays good then who cares.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Danny
Wow, just by cutting his hair should give him an extra 2 or 3 hundred yards next season.Actually, they looked terrible anyway. It looks like they'd never been clean and it looks disgusting imo. But as long as he plays good then who cares.

Ozzy rules!!

No it won't. He was only pulled down by his hair a few times last season. If he does better next season, it will be because our offensive line has improved, not because Ricky doesn't have dreads.

I like it for two reasons:

1. new outlook
2. tacklers cant grab his hair, now they have to grab his shoulder pads, waist, facemask,ect. which could translate into two or three extra TD's.

Originally posted by Crzynick25
im gonna have to change my avatar now

No you don't. Just change your user title underneath it to "R.I.P" and you're good to go. :)

This looks like a job for any one of our resident Photochoppers.

Back
Top Bottom