Ricky's Dreads Gone | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky's Dreads Gone

Agassi was my favorite player too. But truth be told, he had the world's biggest mullet heading into the mid-90s (Grunge era). So he had to do something. Plus, he was going prematurely bald. The hairline was really receding.

So I think it was a combination of a few things that led him to cut his hair. But yes, he ended up becoming the best player in the world. So hopefully that'll do it for Ricky too.

sorry to say but i never liked RW with his dreads. i think he will do better w/o them. alteast now he cant be hair tackled. ouch.

I agree he should have cut them. They are no longer a "ricky look" (he was the originator) and it was hurting his running. Since the league decided one could be tackled by them, many have tried. I am sick of ricky head whipping backward as he goes out of bounds. Now perhaps he will bull those last few yards instead of being dragged out by his locks. He prob should have gone with real short ones though, like James. It does look a bit odd to see him with simple short hair. Will take some getting used to.

Originally posted by dreadlockera
I agree he should have cut them. They are no longer a "ricky look" (he was the originator) and it was hurting his running. Since the league decided one could be tackled by them, many have tried. I am sick of ricky head whipping backward as he goes out of bounds. Now perhaps he will bull those last few yards instead of being dragged out by his locks. He prob should have gone with real short ones though, like James. It does look a bit odd to see him with simple short hair. Will take some getting used to.

James should have kept his dreads the way they were before, the short ones look weird.

It isn't easy to grab someone's dreads when they are going full speed. I don't think Ricky getting tackled by his dreads was an issue, and I don't think he cut them because of that.

Originally posted by Muck
Gotta say I'm sad to see the dreads go.

As am I. There are only a select few who are special enough to wear Dreads. That was the something special Ricky had in his apearance that made him difference. Now he is alot similar to many players. Jerry Rice did the same thing this offseason.

Originally posted by Prime Time

As am I. There are only a select few who are special enough to wear Dreads. That was the something special Ricky had in his apearance that made him difference. Now he is alot similar to many players. Jerry Rice did the same thing this offseason.
Jerry Rice shaved his head too? If so, it's about time :lol: It seemed like his hairline was receding so much it looked liked his hair was slippping off his head. Maybe that's what DID happen????

Originally posted by Mindwarp
the hell with thedreads.. i hope he got rid of the nasty gotee he was sporting towards the end of the season

What are you talking about? The gotee was pimp.

funny to hear all the people saying that cutting his hair will make him faster/better....

if i recall correctly, he set the NCAA records in rushing WITH the mop on his head.

otherwise, this thread is a yawner.

.....and yet you read all 68 posts of it. :tongue:

Originally posted by Prime Time

Rice had cornrows though, so it is different. Williams lost more hair in the process than Rice did.

Back
Top Bottom