Rishard Matthews goes from long shot to making history for Miami Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rishard Matthews goes from long shot to making history for Miami Dolphins

I think what this also shows is that the third guy in our set has a mismatch that Tanne is good at exploiting. Gibson, Clay, and now Matthews have been VG when playing that slot/3rd WR. Wallace takes a db and usually a safety with him, Hartline has the next db, and these guys get the other team's version of Jimmy Wilson without safety help up top. Good scheme really.

Matthews is easily my favorite Dolphin!!!! Just wish he still wore #86 and not #18. I love late round picks who show promise and develop into solid contributors. Rishard Matthews has developed into a fan favorite and much more IMHO!!! Keep up the good work and keep doing what you do best.

Rishard can make tough catches in space, and is willing to lay it on the line to make a catch. I love this kid. He has work ethic, physicallity, and natural instincts.

I hope Sherman is gone after this season...he doesn't know how to use the talent we have on offense smh.

I like how he handled the Goldson headbutt, just tapped him on the shoulder like: smarten up bro, can't you see I don't have a helmet?

Matthews is the son of a Marine drill Sgt.

Let's remember, Matthews is young. The biggest hurdles for young receivers are learning the hot reads and running precisely timed and executed routes. This offense demands it. Most WR's take 3 years to acclimate to the NFL. Our offense is particularly complex for WR's, so it takes a lot of hard work.

Sherman knows this. He wants to keep Rishard Matthews working his hardest to break into the starting lineup, not content that he has arrived as a sub behind Gibson. Now that Rishard is getting full reps with the first team, it is a great opportunity for him to make that quantum leap. Sherman just wants to keep him motivated and hungry.

I've been a Rishard Matthews fan since we drafted him and I was hoping we would. This guy has the potential (dangerous word I know) to become an X receiver in the Greg Jennings mold. Polian said his pro day workout was among the best he saw that year. The kid may be a gem in the rough. But, he needs to keep working hard to make that leap before he merits consideration to become a starter next year. This preseason I predicted that Matthews would eventually start this year. But, if Gibson were healthy, I think he starts over Matthews. Now is Matthews' chance to prove himself. Now is his best time to improve.

I hope he does.

we need Wallace he get double team. I would rather moved Wallace around and have Matthews play Wallace position because he is bigger.

Why would you send a safety over top Wallace? There's a 40% chance Tannehill makes that throw, and a 50% chance of that throw being caught by Wallace. I'd take those odds versus leaving the middle linebacker in single coverage with a Rishard Matthews for over 2 seconds

Back
Top Bottom