Rivers is still a possibility | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rivers is still a possibility

rafael

Hall Of Famer
Club Member
Reaction score
I think its unlikely, but I am hopeful. My reasoning is that when you need to upgrade a position as badly as Miami does you don't put all your eggs in 1 basket. If they don't have confidence in Sage and appearances indicate they don't then they need to find another QB. I know that spending a first is steep, but other than Andrews (who might slip) I don't see another OL guy worthy of a 1st who is likely to be around for our pick(s). That means you either trade down (easier said than done) or you take a guy who's worthy of that pick. Rivers stock is soaring, but if Pitt takes a RB (and reports are that Rivers is 2nd on their draft board behind one of the RBs) then he may fall to #20. If Miami has already taken one of the stud wrs or can with a later #1 you take the best prospect at a position of need.

I sure hope they wouldn't take him over Reggie Williams or Mike Clayton.

I'm anticipating that Miami will have two #1s (Ogun). With two #1s I'm assuming that we use one on a stud wr, the other on Rivers. Sorry I wasn't clear. I said the part about having two #1s in my head I just didn't type it.

As for the wrs, I'm hoping for Reg. Williams or Clayton as well.

If Rivers is there at 20 we must take him.

With Mike Williams declaring it is likely that Reggie Williams or Michael Clayton will be around until the end of the first and we can pick up one of them

If we get a pick for Ogun, I would be shocked if we don't go WR and OL in round 1. I like Rivers and all, but you don't make a serious investment in one young QB, then go out and grab another one.

Good point, finsnchips, about Mike Williams pushing someone down to us at 20. Another possibility is that we trade down with whichever first round pick is lower and get someone like Rashaun Woods or Mike Jenkins, who will probably be pushed down to early second round.

Of course, we could sign T.O. somehow, and carpet bomb the offensive line with high draft picks. That wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Originally posted by MïâMì-ÃÂø|ƒäÑ
getting T.O. saaves us alot of trouble

That's for sure. It's probably a pipe dream, but I've read it in enough places (foxsports.com has an article on free agency that lists us as a TO suitor, just to add to that list) that I no longer think it's completely out of the question.

T.O. is a physical speciman, but he has bad hands. I expect that in three years (he's 31 now) nobody will remember him as anything more than that sharpie guy.

Feeley's deal is only 2 years with 3 option years why not take rivers if we have 2 first round picks see if Feeley works out and if not we have Rivers there with a year or two learning out system.

Originally posted by rafael
T.O. is a physical speciman, but he has bad hands. I expect that in three years (he's 31 now) nobody will remember him as anything more than that sharpie guy.

I wouldn't say he has bad hands, yes he has dropped a few balls, but then again, I have seen Torry Holt drop a ball that cost them the game against the Panthers in the Pro Bowl, I have seen Randy Moss drop some balls that cost them throughout the years. I saw Cris Carter drop a ball in the end zone last year that cost us the game. Need I go on?? I wouldn't classify Owens as having bad hands. The man caught 20 passes in a single game, you have to have hands for that!!

It would make this whole thing make sense. First of all they can't keep Jay and BG at their salaries, so they need QB depth.

I say get T.O. in Free Agency, draft Rivers and a WR with two #1s and then get a FA lineman.

I would drop my anti-Speilman spear and applaud.

There is no way on earth, after spending a 2nd rounder on Feeley that we draft Rivers as well, even if we get a first for Ogunleye. Those 2 picks will be used on a Lee Evans or a Reggie Williams at 20 and then a Justin Smiley, to bolster that OL. Anyone who thinks we will still draft a passer in R1 needs to lie down in a room.

We can't go after QB P. Rivers anylonger IMO....

Besides, from what I've been reading recently, he'll be gone before we pick at #20. His stock is rising very quickly....

We should stick with Feeley at QB, and build offense around him in the draft....

I'd go WR at #20. The best available....

I'd then look to upgrade the OL with our second first rounder {Ogun} pick. We'll also have two 3rd rounders, so we can use those on other offensive players if we choose. FA should bring us at least one veteran OLman as well....

I don't think RS is going to pull the trigger on a rookie QB. I wouldn't mind drafting Rivers if he's there at #20, but I think WR is more important now that we have Feeley locked in as the starter....

PHINZ RULE!!!

:pirate:

Well considering that Feely is being brought in to COMPETE for the starting job and it looks as if we are cutting Griese and Fiedler loose, so is Feely going to compete with Sage and have Stoener as #3??

Back
Top Bottom