Rivers, Losman, Schaub, whoever... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rivers, Losman, Schaub, whoever...

You are blind or retarded.

Either way, I pity your siblings. That is (if) someone is dumb enough to give you some.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by ZOD
You are blind or retarded.

Either way, I pity your siblings. That is (if) someone is dumb enough to give you some.

:lol: you got me good!

please come back when you know something aout football, kthx.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

:lol: you got me good!

please come back when you know something aout football, kthx.

Retard,

Could you translate that?

Hey ZOD no offense but you should write a book on how to see nothing but the negative and none of the positive in everything.

I too did a lot of research into high pick QBs and yes there are a lot of busts but there are a lot of good ones...and I didn't stop at 1990 like you I went all the way back to 1982.

Chad Pennington, David Carr, Daunte Culpepper, Donovan McNabb, Peyton Manning, Steve McNair, Mike Vick, Kerry Collins, Drew Bledsoe...these are all PRO BOWL quality quarterbacks depending on the team they are on. David Carr hasn't had much of a chance to come into his own yet but he's had some success. Don't forget the promise that a young guy like Byron Leftwich showed...and even Rex Grossman to an extent. Heck Patrick Ramsey has shown some great things in Washington and its universally accepted that Spurrier's monkey @ss offense held him back because he refused to protect Ramsey.

Who knows what Tim Couch could have done if he wasn't placed immediately in an expansion franchise whose policy makers had to be replaced because the franchise was being run so poorly.

How, in your little world there ZOD, does Tony Banks (42nd pick in draft) count, but Brett Favre (33rd pick in draft) does not?

When you're trying to present some big case, especially if you're doing it semi-statistically, try next time NOT to warp everything to your own conclusions so blatantly.

When I look back at the draft history of QBs, which I've done extensively, I'm encouraged to bet the farm and go after Eli Manning because top QB prospects if they are chosen somewhere above pick #20, are like 7 of 10 over the last 10 years with jury still out on Carson Palmer. The only flops were Heath Shuler and David Klingler...dating back to 1992. If you go back to 1982, we're talking between 10 and 11 out of 16 depending on how you count a guy like Jim Everett.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
How, in your little world there ZOD, does Tony Banks (42nd pick in draft) count, but Brett Favre (33rd pick in draft) does not?

I noticed Banks today. My error.

As for your other points.....

It's not the negative I'm focused on. It's the sharing of ideas.

I've noticed that there has been an orgy of "Draft this QB" posts and some weigh the positive of a single individual and some weigh the negative of individuals. Nobody has started a thread looking at the totality of drafting one of these guys especially not one as risky as Rivers in the first.

I'm all for drafting a young guy but if he hasn't proven himself to be a man among boys in college (as in the Manning case) I am of the opinion that you don't "waste" your first round pick on them just for the sake of "chance". I would hope that you could understand the reservation.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW.....

One of the reasons I stopped as early as a decade ago is that this is a different era in football for the QB.

You either produce in the first two years or you are dumped to the curb never to get a chance again.

And when you do get a chance again (i.e. Kitna, Blake, Johnson) most of the time the team ownership does not have the where-with-all to stand by you for performing because you just don't sell tickets.

Originally posted by ZOD

So you think this team is in for a rebuild?

You think this team could not use another young quality lineman.

You think this team could not use a young wide receiver?

Here is the real question. Given the history of Dave Wannestadt's responsibility of bringing a young QB to an acceptable level (Cade Mcnown)- Do you think it's wise to give him another rookie to deal with?

I'm glad I'm not the GM neither because I couldn't stand listening to the drivel of picking a name that is less prepared than 30 other QBs that are already in the league. But I'm certainly not naive enough to think that a rookie is the answer to this teams whoas.

as for the rebuilding question, yes on the offensive end. players that we have been waiting for to come aorund need to go (fiedler, mcdropsies, wade, thompson) and new blood needs to come in. yes, the finz need a young lineman and wide out, and i think everybody is assuming that ogun will be gone and we'll have 2 #1's, and that we'll draft the help at line or wr with the first pick and take a qb with the second one. and about mcnown, again, wanny was already gone before they drafted mcnown, he was taken under dick jauron's watch. throughout wanny's career, he has gone the veteran jounreyman route, and it's never worked (kramer, walsh, mirer, matthews, fiedler, griese), why not try something different. rivers could be an all pro for years to come, or he could be seeling insurance in 3 years, but that's the chance that is taken in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom