Rivers to Miami in 06? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rivers to Miami in 06?

GRYPHONK said:
Here's a question then for yah. Compare what Eli actually made last year to what Rivers actually made last year and what is the difference?

Do you have some way to access that info.? I've been very curious to see the numbers. I read stuff during and just after the negotiations, but I haven't seen any followup.

phillyphinphan said:
Vince Young '04: 148/250; %59.2 comp; 1849 yds; 7.4 y/a; 12 tds; 11 ints
Omar Jacobs '04: 309/462; %66.9 comp; 4002 yds; 8.7 y/a; 41 tds; 4 ints

I'm not a big numbers guy, but this should atleast tell that Young has a ways to go in the passing dept.

Oh yeah V. Young: 167 car 1079 yds 14 tds; Jacobs: 95 car 300 yds 4 tds
But Young's rushing ability was never a dispute of mine......

On the same field with the 4 1st rd picks in Benson, Edwards, Jackson, and Derrick Johnson, Vince Young was clearly the best player in the Rose Bowl, so I do think he can become a good QB, he did most of the work with his legs in that game, but he did not have very good WR last season. He lost his top 3 the year before and his best 2 pass catchers were tight ends, so while Jacobs may have had a better season, I seen him play and was not impressed, I seen Young play and was impressed but it really does not matter we'll see this season, I think Young has the most potential of any Qb in college, but he's also the biggest risk and will take the most time to develop.

I never understood everbody's love affair with Rivers. I did not want him to be drafted at 20 so i defiinetly dont want to give up value for a number 4 pick to get him. If AJ and gus both suck extremely bad this year we can draft a qb and either a throw him in right away or sign a vet for a year or two.

I totally agree. Detroit has drafted the best wide recievers anybody could ask for and Harrington still hasn't found a way to get them the ball. They might even use some of that trade candy to get Rivers. I would like to see Rivers in Miami

Bring Phillips in, get Gus out, keep Feeley as backup and Sage as third stringer. If we suck this year and have a high enough pick, though, get Leinhert in here. Also, keep Ricky around this year to mentor Brown and then kick him out.

Back
Top Bottom