Rivers to Miami in 06? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rivers to Miami in 06?

Plus I don't care too much to have a guy who will sit out a year over a matter of 1-2 million dollars on an already offered 39+million contract.

I don't care for that crap. He put his own selfishness ahead of the game.

I know some of you will bash me for this, but what he did in my eyes was no different then what Ricky did. Sure, it appearantly seems to be more accepted amongst fans and his teammates simply because it's a financial matter.

But honestly, he was supposed to be their starting QB since day 1. He got greedy and let his teammates down. He decided to holdout and inevitably cost him a whole season. He missed a full year much like Ricky missed a full year because of his reasons.

So in essence he did quit on the team as well due to greed. Atleast Harrington promised to not holdout. You know what? He didn't get the contract he wanted but he kept true to his promis and didn't hold out.

Megatron said:
Nah, I'd pass. Not that he's not talented, just he would have sat on the bench too long. Lots of guys in the draft.

Megatron, you're signature is... something else. :rolleyes:

Hummer23 said:
I'm a big Philip Rivers as you can tell by my sig. Lets just say Brees has another good year and our QB experiment fails. We could send one of our wideouts and a draft pick to get a franchise QB. Would would you think if that happened and would you make that trade?

PUUUULLLLLEEEEESSSSEEEEEE !

Stop with this crap already...let's get thru the 2005 season first...

Besides the Bolts are not going to trade Rivers...

If Rivers looks good in preseason and in clean up duty this year I'd rather have him then any draft pick since the draft on QBs is risky but I'm not sold on Brees especially in our new system where you need to be taller and Brees is only 6'.

FinFan90 said:
N e one is it still possible if we can get Omar Jacobs and still have liek a .500 season? Or will he be a top draft prospect like in the top 10?

I want jacobs on this team in the worse way, but it's too early to tell. there's goin to be a lot of LT's out there and lienhart. and you have to wiegh that against the needs of the teams drafting ahead of you. Hopefully scouts will sleep on em b/c of the conference he plays in. They have a ridiculously easy sched so odds are thy're going to be on the national radar and so will he.....

Losman7 said:
Come'on...the guy went for Eli Manning, a first and a 3rd and a 5th. You want to send them an average wide out and a #2..

Never gonna happen. Rivers will go for at least a first, he has the same value as when he was drafted.

you got it backwards

rivers was packaged along with all the picks to get eli....san diego got a steal in that trade in my opinion

i wanted rivers two years ago, and i wouldve been fine with trading our 1st rounder this past year for rivers instead of taking ronnie....and i'd be willing to trade our first next year for him

i think rivers is gonna be the best QB to come out in a long time...(just my personal opinion)...and im willing to give up a lot to get a QB

Id rather draft Vince Young. Some of you guys get to stuck on local talent. That's not in all cases bad, but not always what the team might need.

Hummer23 said:
That was his draft status and that's why he was taken 4th overall. If we drafted a Qb in the 1st round next year you would call him a franchise Qb.

But that doesn't mean he is or is going to be one. Chargers fans once called Ryan Leaf a franchise QB.
I guess I am just against the trade because IMO, Rivers won't become a franchise QB in the NFL. But who knows. What I do know is I wouldn't be willing to give up Chambers and a first rounder for him.

Boik14 said:
Both are definately important but a pass rushing DE can make a mediocore CB look like an all pro with his ability to get upfield and make the qb release the ball ahead of schedule. tahts why guys like Dwight Freeney who are 1 dimensional make pro bowls. Their impact on the game is ultimately determined by his ability to get upfield and keep the garbage colts DBs from having to run around for long.

This is true!!!

Hummer23 said:
Rivers didn't miss one game

If you are talkng about Rivers theoretically he most certainly did.

How many games did he start or even play in last year? He only played in 1. When they drafted him he was supposed to start since day 1 in camps. Because he held out that cost him the starting job and inevitably yes he missed 15 games of playing time.

phillyphinphan said:
Yeah I'd draft V. Young too....to play WR......

Watch when this guy gets ready to comeout how people will flock to him. This uy is on track to be better than Vick. Wide Reciever? This guy is a true QB.

I may be wrong but didn't Brees just sign a 1 year deal? And he had trouble getting it? More than likely Brees is shopped next year.

Back
Top Bottom