Rivers to Miami in 06? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rivers to Miami in 06?

FinFan90 said:
N e one is it still possible if we can get Omar Jacobs and still have liek a .500 season? Or will he be a top draft prospect like in the top 10?

We'll have to see how the team does this year. That means alot in regards to his draft status.

I am an NC State grad and huge Rivers fan. If you look at what he had to work with at state, you would appricate really how good he his. Smart, humble, does what he is asked, rocket for an arm, and a family guy (not alot of trouble). With the right package I would love for us to snap him up, the problem is that San Diego is not going to want to part with him for a bargain basement price. I just think we can get talent elsewhere at a low price tag!!

Brees will be the one on the block next year IMO. He outperformed last year and his stats were inflated.... I think Brees is a very capable qb but i don't think he will have as successful of a year and Rivers is the guy they want for the future. The only way they'll trade Rivers is if someone gives them ALOT, otherwise i think the chargers organization really likes him and has no intention to move him.

I knew Omar at one point when he was still playing at Atlantic High. >.>

I would rather have a QB that's been in an NFL system then one that is fresh from college.

Hummer23 said:
I'm a big Philip Rivers as you can tell by my sig. Lets just say Brees has another good year and our QB experiment fails. We could send one of our wideouts and a draft pick to get a franchise QB. Would would you think if that happened and would you make that trade?

How on God's Green Earth can you call Rivers a franchise QB when he hasn't even played yet?????????????? :shakeno:

Hummer23 said:
I'm a big Philip Rivers as you can tell by my sig. Lets just say Brees has another good year and our QB experiment fails. We could send one of our wideouts and a draft pick to get a franchise QB. Would would you think if that happened and would you make that trade?

Im not saying Rivers is bad or he will be bad, he will be awesome. If we are going to get a young QB lets get 1 in the draft without sacrificing a pick and a player.

pigskinguy said:
How on God's Green Earth can you call Rivers a franchise QB when he hasn't even played yet?????????????? :shakeno:
He has that potential though :shakeno:

Raekwon The Che said:
He has that potential though :shakeno:
Maybe, but based on your scenario he won't have played any football in 2 years. And you want us to give up a pick and a WR?
I hope you are talking about a 2nd rounder and Derrius Thompson. :lol:

Are you guys kidding? Phillip Rivers won't be traded for less than a #1 pick and a 3 or 4.

Chambers, #1, and #5 would maybe get it done. Maybe.

I would be in favor of such a move. I am a huge rivers supporter as well. I enjoyed watching him play in college, hes got a good enough arm, good accuracy, excellent quick release, and he's smart/understands the game.

He's got the benefit of having sat on the bench and learned for a few years. That worked very well for chad pennington, Steve McNair, Duante Culpepper, etc. His skill level is on par with those and I firmly believe that he will be the best qb from last years draft.

If it took a wr like booker + say a 2nd and 5th or something Id be all for it. We can always deal down with our 1st and recoup those picks if thats what saban wants.

If Brees solidifies himself this year, Rivers will certainly be traded out of SD and someone will bite. This guy is a good prospect, and not everyone is gonna have a chance to draft Leinhart, considering he'll be going no 1 overall most likely. I'm expecting the Browns to be in the number 1 spot and grab him. If it is obvious we need a good QB after this year, it's at least a certainty we will look at one of the guys in SD.

Timmy54 said:
I am an NC State grad and huge Rivers fan. If you look at what he had to work with at state, you would appricate really how good he his. Smart, humble, does what he is asked, rocket for an arm, and a family guy (not alot of trouble). With the right package I would love for us to snap him up, the problem is that San Diego is not going to want to part with him for a bargain basement price. I just think we can get talent elsewhere at a low price tag!!
1 minor oversight; he doesnt have a rocket. Its slightly better than someone like Pennington's where a 15 yard out to the far side of the field can always be a pick 6, but its not in the Vick, McNabb, Culpepper type league. Other than that i agree :goof:

If Brees stays healthy, and has a good year, then Rivers could be looking for a new home. The problem is if Brees were to get hurt, and Rivers came in and did well, then it would be a hard one to call.

Back
Top Bottom