Rivers to Miami in 06? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rivers to Miami in 06?

GRYPHONK said:
Why trade a player and pick for an unproven overhyped, bad mechanical QB who will now be 3 years older, when we could just use our pick to draft one of our own?
If his side arm throws bother you, just reflect at how good Kosar was at it (in his cleveland years when he was good) among other Qb's. That should not be a valid reason not to want a guy. The other points I can understand, that one I cannot.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
I rather keep Booker myself, because you know what you are getting with him, Boston could go off at any time.
Except that D-Bo is a FA after this year and you cannot trade a player for like 60 or 90 days once he is resigned so it would have to be booker probably if indeed it was a wr.

Boik14 said:
Just cause 1 team overpaid for him doesnt mean two will. His value is not the same as when he was picked; hes two years older, two years less on his rookie contract, two years he sat on the bench and hopefully developed a bit. And booker is not average. I could see him going straight up for a #1 but not for a #1 + booker.

Booker is most certainly average, he has been for the last two season. Plus Booker isn't getting younger either. on top of all that he has close to 0 trade value, it took him AND a 3rd just to get Ogunleye correct.

I think you are overvaluing him quite a bit.

And Rivers is still worth a 1st and a 3rd, no doubt about it, he only gonna have 2 years on the bench, then he'll be gone.

Losman7 said:
Booker is most certainly average, he has been for the last two season. Plus Booker isn't getting younger either. on top of all that he has close to 0 trade value, it took him AND a 3rd just to get Ogunleye correct.

I think you are overvaluing him quite a bit.

And Rivers is still worth a 1st and a 3rd, no doubt about it, he only gonna have 2 years on the bench, then he'll be gone.
Wr's are the only players depandant on another position in order to do their jobs. Without a qb to get the ball i can argue not even Jerry Rice or Cris Carter could have ever done their jobs so youre argument based on stats is incomplete and incorrect.

As far as the Ogunleye deal it comes down to this: Pass rushing DE is the hardest position to find after franchise QB. Ultimately it is the defensive equivalent of the qb position in that by adding that 1 piece you can make the entire side of the ball more effective and better equipped to do their job. You make the CB and S's jobs easier in coverage cause theyre running around for less time, you make the LB's job easier because the RB's and TE's theyre covering want to get upfield and into open space outside of that front seven. So to argue that it took ONLY Booker and a 3rd means that Booker's value is being underestimated by you and not overestimated by me.

Hummer23 said:
I'm a big Philip Rivers as you can tell by my sig. Lets just say Brees has another good year and our QB experiment fails. We could send one of our wideouts and a draft pick to get a franchise QB. Would would you think if that happened and would you make that trade?

IMO it wont b rivers it will be brees they r just getting rivers ready 2 start more than likely will be getting brees that is imo

If Brees has another solid year and we don't improve at the QB position I find it must more probable that we go after Brees himself the Chargers just won't get rid of Rivers because of the cap problems it would cost.

EDIT: Looks like I was late on that one.:)

I have always liked Rivers. If AJ does not work out it seems to be a great situation for us; Rivers is just waiting for a 1st round pick and he has he is an awesome player. Bad situation for him, mabey a great situation for us

PassRush said:
I have always liked Rivers. If AJ does not work out it seems to be a great situation for us; Rivers is just waiting for a 1st round pick and he has he is an awesome player. Bad situation for him, mabey a great situation for us

again i think it will be brees instead of rivers they would take a major cap hit if they get rid of rivers it would b easer to get rid of brees because no big cap hit
i think if they get rid of brees they wont loose that much cap hit :shakeno:

Wagon Circler said:
If San Diego is going to trade any QB (which they will) it will be Brees (at the end of this season.) They are not just going to give up on their nig time number one pick. No chance.

i agree 100% WITH U WAGON

Boik14 said:
. Ultimately it is the defensive equivalent of the qb position in that by adding that 1 piece you can make the entire side of the ball more effective and better equipped to do their job. You make the CB and S's jobs easier in coverage cause theyre running around for less time, you make the LB's job easier because the RB's and TE's theyre covering want to get upfield and into open space outside of that front seven. So to argue that it took ONLY Booker and a 3rd means that Booker's value is being underestimated by you and not overestimated by me.

I would say a shutdown CB is the most important part of a defense if you can find one. ;) Both are important though so tomato tomoto.

Boik14 said:
If his side arm throws bother you, just reflect at how good Kosar was at it (in his cleveland years when he was good) among other Qb's. That should not be a valid reason not to want a guy. The other points I can understand, that one I cannot.

Except that D-Bo is a FA after this year and you cannot trade a player for like 60 or 90 days once he is resigned so it would have to be booker probably if indeed it was a wr.

Well, the ony reason I even bring up his side arm is because I remember even marino stating he would have to adjust otherwise the ball will keep getting kncoked down at the line of scrimmage.

I mean if he can get the elevation, I have no problems with how he throws the ball. Therefor you are right, it's not a valid reason.

GRYPHONK said:
Well, the ony reason I even bring up his side arm is because I remember even marino stating he would have to adjust otherwise the ball will keep getting kncoked down at the line of scrimmage.

I mean if he can get the elevation, I have no problems with how he throws the ball. Therefor you are right, it's not a valid reason.
Marino said his 3/4's or side was fine. i think some scouts said otherwise but he looked fine when he was playing for SD for brief spells. 0 batted passes in 1 game and some brief PT

Hummer23 said:
Rivers would be 2 years older and Harrington you can't be talking about the Detroit Lion QB named Joey Harrington because if you are :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes I am!!! He has showed that when his players actually stay healthy and they are on the field he can be very effective.

He has shown more then Rivers had anyway.

It's just a personal preference. I am not big on Rivers, but at the same time I am not saying he will be a bust. I am just saying if we trade for a young guys atleast trade for someone who has experience and shows potential to be pretty darn good. Harrington, although not a stellar career yet has shown some great potential and when his players are healthy he has shown he can lead them down the field. Ramsey as well IMO has shown great promise. I would like to see him play behind an actual O-line that can block.

As for Rivers. He may be great, it's just alot of people complained about the Feeley trade. Well to me this would be worse. We would essentially be trading our #1 next year for a player who will be in his 3rd year who may or may not have any playing experience yet. Rather then take a guy like Leinhart, Leak, a DT, O-LINEMAN, or somebody like that who can be our franchise guy and who is a couple years younger.

Remember Rivers before the combines was the 4th rated QB behind Manning, Big Ben and Losman. Then he has a good combine and he shot up to #1. He originally was projected to battle with Losman if the Phins were to take a QB. I am not a big fan of combine heros personally.

BillsCA said:
I would say a shutdown CB is the most important part of a defense if you can find one. ;) Both are important though so tomato tomoto.
Both are definately important but a pass rushing DE can make a mediocore CB look like an all pro with his ability to get upfield and make the qb release the ball ahead of schedule. tahts why guys like Dwight Freeney who are 1 dimensional make pro bowls. Their impact on the game is ultimately determined by his ability to get upfield and keep the garbage colts DBs from having to run around for long.

Back
Top Bottom