Rivers to Miami in 06? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rivers to Miami in 06?

Losman7 said:
Are you guys kidding? Phillip Rivers won't be traded for less than a #1 pick and a 3 or 4.

Chambers, #1, and #5 would maybe get it done. Maybe.

C'mon, if Brees excells again like he did last year and the Chargers are a very good team again, I tink Rivers would be available for a 1st and perhaps switching another pick if they're a better team than the Phins, which I expect. There is another QB situation that is very interesting in Campbell/Ramsey, in which if anyone watched the report from the Skins beat reporter on NFL Network they said Ramsey has looked very good, and perhaps he'll end up as an option if Feeley fails. If I had to take one QB from Campbell/Ramsey/Rivers/Brees, it would be Rivers because I believe he can be the best out of the 4, but whether he is or not is yet to be seen. If I could put any Qb from next years draft/Qb's who maybe available,I would want Leinart. Leinart/Brown/Chambers would be incredible, but it all depends on Feeley, and I'm hoping he saves us a draft pick and proves to be a good QB.

Boik14 said:
If it took a wr like booker + say a 2nd and 5th or something Id be all for it. We can always deal down with our 1st and recoup those picks if thats what saban wants.

Come'on...the guy went for Eli Manning, a first and a 3rd and a 5th. You want to send them an average wide out and a #2..

Never gonna happen. Rivers will go for at least a first, he has the same value as when he was drafted.

Losman7 said:
Come'on...the guy went for Eli Manning, a first and a 3rd and a 5th. You want to send them an average wide out and a #2..

Never gonna happen. Rivers will go for at least a first, he has the same value as when he was drafted.

If Brees has a good season again and they decide he is the QB of the future and the present, Rivers is definately worth a 1st, but probably not a top 5 pick IMO.

I think its more likely that the Chargers would trade Brees.

Losman7 said:

Just cause 1 team overpaid for him doesnt mean two will. His value is not the same as when he was picked; hes two years older, two years less on his rookie contract, two years he sat on the bench and hopefully developed a bit. And booker is not average. I could see him going straight up for a #1 but not for a #1 + booker.

It's funny how lots of people were praying a way we could grab rivers at the draft....he even hadn't played yet and now he's not this or that..I know there's a cap hit plus we would have to give up a lot for him. But my point is people change their minds easily.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Booker will be the man this year! No trading Booker!
If it solves our qb problem i gotta say cya to marty. If D-Bo pans out we resign him to be our #2 and then sign a #3 guy. And we both know #3 wr's grow on trees and good qbs do not. Thats a risk we'd have to take.

pigskinguy said:
How on God's Green Earth can you call Rivers a franchise QB when he hasn't even played yet?????????????? :shakeno:

That was his draft status and that's why he was taken 4th overall. If we drafted a Qb in the 1st round next year you would call him a franchise Qb.

Losman7 said:
Are you guys kidding? Phillip Rivers won't be traded for less than a #1 pick and a 3 or 4.

Chambers, #1, and #5 would maybe get it done. Maybe.

Just like Henry right

Boik14 said:
If it solves our qb problem i gotta say cya to marty. If D-Bo pans out we resign him to be our #2 and then sign a #3 guy. And we both know #3 wr's grow on trees and good qbs do not. Thats a risk we'd have to take.
I rather keep Booker myself, because you know what you are getting with him, Boston could go off at any time.

I just sayed Booker because San Diego won't want Boston back and I doubt you would want to trade Chambers. I mention the position of WR because that is San Diego's greatest need.

Saban4prez said:
i don't see saban making a move like that honestly. Maybe wanny, but not Saban. Saban wants his own guy to mold. He'll draft someone next year.

If he makes the trade for Rivers, that would make Rivers "his guy".

No I would not trade for Phillip Rivers.

Why trade a player and pick for an unproven overhyped, bad mechanical QB who will now be 3 years older, when we could just use our pick to draft one of our own?

Not saying that Rivers won't be good. I am just saying I wouldn't do it.

Harrington I would trade for. Ramsey I would trade for. Rivers I would not trade for.

When you go after an unproven commodity you get the cheaper option with same or better potential ala Leinhart or Leak.

GRYPHONK said:
No I would not trade for Phillip Rivers.

Why trade a player and pick for an unproven overhyped, bad mechanical QB who will now be 3 years older, when we could just use our pick to draft one of our own?

Not saying that Rivers won't be good. I am just saying I wouldn't do it.

Harrington I would trade for. Ramsey I would trade for. Rivers I would not trade for.

When you go after an unproven commodity you get the cheaper option with same or better potential ala Leinhart or Leak.

Rivers would be 2 years older and Harrington you can't be talking about the Detroit Lion QB named Joey Harrington because if you are :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom