Robert Hunt perfecting his craft. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Robert Hunt perfecting his craft.

I honestly think they need a center more than anything on that line. The way I see the line:
LT: Liam Eich
LG: A. Jackson
C: FA or draft
RG: C. Williams
RT: R. Hunt
No offense but if that’s our starting OL next year we’re officially ****ed.

Eichenberg is NOT…..I repeat NOT an LT in this league. He more than proved that this year. His arms are way too short. As a matter of fact, I fear he’s pretty far down the ‘Bust’ road at this point. I’m hoping he can be salvaged at RT. If not, there is no position on this OL for him because he’s too light to be a guard.

Austin Jackson is horrible at pretty much every place on the OL you put him at. His hands are terrible. His feet are terrible. He is a bust. Period. No coaching is going to save him. Mark my words on this.

So….The entire left side of the OL is no better than last year….We don’t have a center and 29 is way too low for Linderbaum. Hunt is too heavy to be a RT in my book and should stay at RG where he was our best lineman last year. That leaves Williams….By far, the best talent on our OL right now and also the most penalized OL in the league last year which got him benched a time or two.

I hate to sound so negative….But I’m not wrong. Let’s just hope McDaniel teaches Grier what a real Offensive Lineman looks like.

Last edited:
Honestly, though I still would want a premium linemen to solidify this line at tackle, I really would not mind seeing Hunt back at R-Tackle, and Miami getting a L-Tackle.

That would be a well calculated plan.
Absolutely. Get a LT and a center, one in free agency and the other in the draft. Maybe a combo of Armstead/Humphrey or Tretter/Vera-Tucker, either way would improve the line greatly.

Absolutely. Get a LT and a center, one in free agency and the other in the draft. Maybe a combo of Armstead/Humphrey or Tretter/Vera-Tucker, either way would improve the line greatly.
I like Tretter, Fisher or Brown, and Wagner for our final three FA signings. I think we can fit them all under the cap with modest deals and cutting some dead weight.

Been saying for a while I have a feeling they move Hunt back to RT.

Would also save money.

In that scenario we would still need C and LT.

Let's see what they do

What's he doing hanging out with Pat Perez?

Sure, I’m as disappointed as Anyone here, that We didn’t land Collins or Armstead. But the One thing in all of this mess, that has Me Saving Face…..

I don’t feel that We’ve seen the Best out of Our Boys in the Trenches. McDaniel sees, feels, or knows something. He’s one Smart Cookie coming from Yale. I’ll choose to hang My Hat on His Coat-Rack. Just remember that None of Our Boys were Coached-Up (at least properly) under the Incompetent Flores Staff. We still may land a Tackle. Unless I missed it, I haven’t seen or heard that They’ve signed. But I’m still on McDaniel’s Side here. I have to be.
I’m as Excited and Optimistic as Ive been in awhile. The Energy and Pedigree He brings Us is a Breath of Fresh Air in My book. Go Get’em Coach!!! 🐬🐬🐬🇺🇸🐾

View attachment 102086

This always cracks me up!

Lol, yeah it's sad but true

Jackson is the one I have hope for believe it or not.

Prior to his injury his rookie season he looked good

He didn't play great when he got back.

Than last year he was blessed with the teachings of Flores and JLP.

So who knows, maybe the coaching can get him back to the way he played the first half of his rookie season.

Atleast he showed he could play at a quality level for a while.

Me too, but where?

The dream is he evolves back into a LT.

But you can't bank on that happening (I kind of think it will, especially if the new scheme benefits him).
He has the footwork to be a LT, he looked lost last year especially with stunts, as did several of the linemen.

To me the failures screamed coaching and scheme. All these guys were rated about where they were taken in the draft, Miami just hasn't developed them. Hopefully the new guys can.

No offense but if that’s our starting OL next year we’re officially ****ed.

Eichenberg is NOT…..I repeat NOT an LT in this league. He more than proved that this year. His arms are way too short. As a matter of fact, I fear he’s pretty far down the ‘Bust’ road at this point. I’m hoping he can be salvaged at RT. If not, there is no position on this OL for him because he’s too light to be a guard.

Austin Jackson is horrible at pretty much every place on the OL you put him at. His hands are terrible. His feet are terrible. He is a bust. Period. No coaching is going to save him. Mark my words on this.

So….The entire left side of the OL is no better than last year….We don’t have a center and 29 is way too low for Linderbaum. Hunt is too heavy to be a RT in my book and should stay at RG where he was our best lineman last year. That leaves Williams….By far, the best talent on our OL right now and also the most penalized OL in the league last year which got him benched a time or two.

I hate to sound so negative….But I’m not wrong. Let’s just hope McDaniel teaches Grier what a real Offensive Lineman looks like.
I wouldn’t say way too short. He’s 1/4” shorter than Joe Thomas. And I don’t think Austin Jackson is terrible. I think he had a fairly successful rookie season. I’m going to say that they are both big question marks. But I’m not in the camp of, “these guys need to be replaced”. I think that these guys have strengths and weaknesses. You don’t judge a fish by how well they can climb a tree. I felt like these players were being put in situations to fail last season. I’m just as curious to see what McDaniel does with the talent we have as I am to see who he brings in to compete. I do see Jesse Davis as a camp casualty.

Back
Top Bottom