Robert Hunt perfecting his craft. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Robert Hunt perfecting his craft.

I'm firmly in the keep Hunt at RG he isn't a tackle camp. But with that being said, for the love of god, can we not be playing musical chairs along the offensive line until week 3 of the preseason? Pick a position for these guys (except the backups who need to develop position versatility) and let them develop some chemistry in the offseason.

Also Williams is playing LG so forget about him switching to the right side.

When Hunt was starting at Right tackle, he ranked top 7 in the league in the last 8 weeks of the season at that position. We took a step back with our line the following season but near the end of the season Robert Hunt was our shining star in the line. In fact, in our winning streak run we ended up being top 5 in the league in allowing the least amount of sacks. Our scheme played a role in that of course, getting rid of the ball quickly will make other stats look good but we still need to keep pretending like it didn't happen.

I agree but Eich was a highly rated left tackle in last years draft, I think he didn’t give up a sack at all in college if I recall and Hunt played RT pretty damn good when he was there the year before last. I honestly think Flores was trying to sabotage this Offense.
I disagree, I don't think Flores was trying to sabotage this offense because obviously it would not be to his benefit. However, he did not bring in the proper personnel to help the offense thrive. I expect more with the new coaching staff and current OL.

When Hunt was starting at Right tackle, he ranked top 7 in the league in the last 8 weeks of the season at that position. We took a step back with our line the following season but near the end of the season Robert Hunt was our shining star in the line. In fact, in our winning streak run we ended up being top 5 in the league in allowing the least amount of sacks. Our scheme played a role in that of course, getting rid of the ball quickly will make other stats look good but we still need to keep pretending like it didn't happen.
I think at either G or T, Hunt will be good. I do think RG is where he is best, but if he's a quality RT and he helps the line for a year, then play him where ever they need to for what is best for the team.

I disagree, I don't think Flores was trying to sabotage this offense because obviously it would not be to his benefit. However, he did not bring in the proper personnel to help the offense thrive. I expect more with the new coaching staff and current OL.
IDK if he was or not. That's quite an accusation to make, without solid evidence beyond what may merely be incompetence.

On the other hand, it is possible he felt secure enough in his position (ego), that he was sabotaging a QB he didn't want at the expense of the offense. Once he thought he established that goal (and coincidentally the trade deadline passed), he turned the defense on so as not to have a complete debacle of a season.

I admit, I'm a bit of a believer in conspiracies, but the most effective ones are shrouded in smoke and unclarity.

I don’t think he did intentionally. But I think he put it in his head that the QB was going to be asked to do X, Y, and Z in games. And the offensive line was going to do X, Y, and Z without questions. The WRs we’re going to run the routes he wanted to see. And no player in the NFL can succeed that way. Brady brought his offense to TB because things weren’t working the other way. So in essence, Flores sabotaged the offense. Why do you think McDaniel has been talking mostly about putting players in positions to succeed? That’s probably why two offensive coaches remained. They wanted to change but they couldn’t.

Sure, I’m as disappointed as Anyone here, that We didn’t land Collins or Armstead. But the One thing in all of this mess, that has Me Saving Face…..

I don’t feel that We’ve seen the Best out of Our Boys in the Trenches. McDaniel sees, feels, or knows something. He’s one Smart Cookie coming from Yale. I’ll choose to hang My Hat on His Coat-Rack. Just remember that None of Our Boys were Coached-Up (at least properly) under the Incompetent Flores Staff. We still may land a Tackle. Unless I missed it, I haven’t seen or heard that They’ve signed. But I’m still on McDaniel’s Side here. I have to be.
I’m as Excited and Optimistic as Ive been in awhile. The Energy and Pedigree He brings Us is a Breath of Fresh Air in My book. Go Get’em Coach!!! 🐬🐬🐬🇺🇸🐾
I agree with your optimism but how can you say we missED on armstead and Collins when neither of them are signed?

I agree with your optimism but how can you say we missED on armstead and Collins when neither of them are signed?
I did say that "We may still land a Tackle".....and that "Unless I missed it, I hadn't seen or heard that Armstead or Collins signed anywhere". For all I know, Our Brass could still be working on Them....
🐬🐬🐬🇺🇲🐾

IDK if he was or not. That's quite an accusation to make, without solid evidence beyond what may merely be incompetence.

On the other hand, it is possible he felt secure enough in his position (ego), that he was sabotaging a QB he didn't want at the expense of the offense. Once he thought he established that goal (and coincidentally the trade deadline passed), he turned the defense on so as not to have a complete debacle of a season.

I admit, I'm a bit of a believer in conspiracies, but the most effective ones are shrouded in smoke and unclarity.

Yes.

The thing with me is I didn't think Flores sabotaged the offense, just Tua.

He wanted Watson so bad IMO. He believed his job was safe. Tua could be the scapegoat. If Tua fails, he could get rid of Tua, get his QB and move in.

I still, to this day, believe the Baltimore game sealed Floress fate. I honestly believe he put Tua in expecting him to fail.

The moment Tua lead that comeback and the fans were chanting Tuas name, it pretty much sealed his fate.

I think his ego got in the way.

Part of the problem may be due to sabotage or inept coaching was the constant moving around with these guys. They draft a meta-certain position and play them in another position. I understand injuries you need to do what you need to do but there were so many questionable decisions made regarding lineman anything short of what we saw in the field would’ve been a miracle.

Hunt Had a great pre-draft story and I was happy to see we selected him and have some high hopes that he will help the line and get better with each game.

I have no problem w/ cross training but you need to say player X will play position 1 yada yada yada

Case in point, Eichenberg should have been put at ORT on day 1.

p.s. I do like the thought of Williams and Hunt manning the Right side

I honestly think they need a center more than anything on that line. The way I see the line:
LT: Liam Eich
LG: A. Jackson
C: FA or draft
RG: C. Williams
RT: R. Hunt

Going from Left to right, what about?..... Eric Fisher, Eichenberg, Dieter, Williams, Hunt

With decent coaching, Dieter may be a diamond in the rough.

p.s. I'm curious; Does Coleman have what it takes to be an OLT in the McD system?

People have been making accusations blindly here which at best is entertaining but it doesn't provide factual context. In my opinion, whatever doesn't come out to light wasn't meant to come out so it leaves people with making their own assumptions. Add the local media here that loves to gossip and you have a nice **** storm of information that has no basis to even be proven.

He was successful where he was. I wouldn't move him to tackle. Stop playing musical chairs on the line.

Back
Top Bottom