Roberto Wallace V.S Brandon Marshall (A little break from QB and Ireland) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Roberto Wallace V.S Brandon Marshall (A little break from QB and Ireland)

and you know all this how?

living in NY, Giants fans were saying the same thing about Victor Cruz, nobody thought he would be anything and he was extremely close to being cut, guess its a good thing....

Victor Cruz was an absolute stud at Umass had 131 receptions in the two seasons he started and Roberto Wallace was a medciocre wr at SD St. who never had more than 36 receptions in a season. I mean yea its possible that Wallace could be a stud but he has been here since 2010 and hasnt made an impact at all on the field but if wallace was viewed that well that would get him on field.

Is this thread for real?

Are we really comparing an elite NFL talent to some scrub who can't break the active roster on Sundays?

I know people want to find something positive, but if Wallace could be anywhere near what Marshall is we would have seen it. He has been given some chances and with our poor WR corps he should have been able to crack the top 3. The fact that he hasn't been able to should tell you all you need to know.

Is this thread for real?

Are we really comparing an elite NFL talent to some scrub who can't break the active roster on Sundays?

what do you mean the emergence of Wallace has made Marshall expendable, we wont even notice the difference

while appreciate his efforts, i really doubt discussing wallace as our #1, is going to bring anybodies spirits up

Hell Wallace hasnt been any better than our 5th receiver so I doubt anyone thinks he is a number one

Actually, Wallace is a far better athlete than Marshall. Marshall ran in the 4.5's on a good day. Wallace runs in the 4.4's.

Wallace's 10 yard split is 1.47. That is outrageous for a guy 6'4" 225.

Wallace is also excellent on special teams coverage and shows promise as a blocker.

What he needs most is tons and tons of reps catching passes under duress.

Nice post. I agree.

while appreciate his efforts, i really doubt discussing wallace as our #1, is going to bring anybodies spirits up

Didn't say it would. I commend him for allowing those who want to discuss something other than doom and gloom a decent topic to share thoughts on. But, I knew it would only be a matter of time for the doom and gloom found it's way in here too.

Didn't say it would. I commend him for allowing those who want to discuss something other than doom and gloom a decent topic to share thoughts on. But, I knew it would only be a matter of time for the doom and gloom found it's way in here too.

Its not doom and gloom there is no logical conclusion to make anyone think that Wallace can be a number one receiver. hell he hasnt been good enough to be our number 4 .
Seriously how is it doom and gloom to call Wallace what he is and isnt

Actually what made Marshall who he was as a receiver, was simply how physical he was, the way he would just go up there and take the ball, that is not or will ever be Wallace's game, even though he has at time shown he can use his size.

Wallace has not been playing football as long as many other receivers, and he will NEVER be a #1 receiver like Marshall, but what he can be if he works hard enough, and gets better coaching then he has the past few years, is a good receiver that defenses will have to eventually account for, or risk getting burnt.

Wallace needs to work harder on his route running, and catching the ball with his hands not body (something Marshall did great), if he becomes better running routes, and learns to catch passes better, his size and athletic ability will do the rest, and the coaching staff will have a hard time keeping him on the sidelines.

Don't forget Miles Austin is Dallas was not thing special, until they needed him to get better. Before someone attacks me for saying Wallace could be as good as Austin, I am not saying that, I am saying that they worked very little with Wallace in the last few years, but the potential is there, and if he is able to reach it, this is a big receiver that can find himself on many occasions getting behind defenses and running away from them as well as out reaching most DBs in short routes.

The potential is there, can the coaching get it out of him, and is he willing to reach it...that is the question.

Wallace could turn out to be good but to EXPECT him to replace Marshall is crazy.

Actually what made Marshall who he was as a receiver, was simply how physical he was, the way he would just go up there and take the ball, that is not or will ever be Wallace's game, even though he has at time shown he can use his size.

Wallace has not been playing football as long as many other receivers, and he will NEVER be a #1 receiver like Marshall, but what he can be if he works hard enough, and gets better coaching then he has the past few years, is a good receiver that defenses will have to eventually account for, or risk getting burnt.

Wallace needs to work harder on his route running, and catching the ball with his hands not body (something Marshall did great), if he becomes better running routes, and learns to catch passes better, his size and athletic ability will do the rest, and the coaching staff will have a hard time keeping him on the sidelines.

Good analysis. Rod Smith worked his way from undrafted FA on practice squad to superstardom. I'm not drawing any particular parralells or saying that will happen with Wallace, but possibility exists if he works hard and takes advantage of any opportunity given to him; As you mentioned it'll be hard for them to keep him off the field.

Back
Top Bottom