Rodgers Agrees to Parameters of Deal | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rodgers Agrees to Parameters of Deal

merlin00069 said:
Obviously more than anyone has offered so far. Saban isnt going to budge from the 2 first rounders he wants. That being said i dont think anyone will give up the 2 first rounders to get the #2 overall.

Nobody really knows what has truly been offered, and I really don't think no matter what will be offered that anybody will finalize a trade until the 9ers have made a final decision. There is too much at stake to make a trade hoping the player you want will be there.

heres the deal with the press conference according to doogie from kfan.

"story is this...Patrick supposedly was going to have Sansevere on, but Bob said he had to go to a press conference...somehow Patrick turned that into...they are announcing a trade...not true today...this press conference was set up weeks ago...the pre-draft deal to get quotes and bytes from Tice, Studwell, etc...every team does one of these...so no news to report, at least not today."
Darren Wolfson
KFAN Radio AM 1130

mjsexton said:
Alex Smith was just on Dan Patrick semi-trashing the Niners, saying he wouldn't want to play for a team that made a decision like this based on finances.

I missed my usualy 15 minutes of Dan Patrick in the afternoon...that was during my usual time frame too I bet. I would have loved to hear Smith talking about the niners. If he said that then I can't really blame them. You have the first pick in the draft...you're going to have to pay for it. If they didn't totally dismantle their team they might not be in this situation.

I don't understand how you penny pinch on the first overall pick...

mjsexton said:
heres the deal with the press conference according to doogie from kfan.

"story is this...Patrick supposedly was going to have Sansevere on, but Bob said he had to go to a press conference...somehow Patrick turned that into...they are announcing a trade...not true today...this press conference was set up weeks ago...the pre-draft deal to get quotes and bytes from Tice, Studwell, etc...every team does one of these...so no news to report, at least not today."
Darren Wolfson
KFAN Radio AM 1130

Wrong thread...

PhinPhreak said:
Nobody really knows what has truly been offered, and I really don't think no matter what will be offered that anybody will finalize a trade until the 9ers have made a final decision. There is too much at stake to make a trade hoping the player you want will be there.

Just because we dont know whats been offered its fair to say whatever its been hasnt been enough. What we do know is that the havent offered sufficient picks.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
But teams say that every year. None of us know what is being offered until draft day. If the trade does not go down we will never know exactly what was offered.

I still remember reading last year that there was no way the Giants were offering enough to get Eli Manning. Yet come draft day, they did.

Good point...they did pony up b/c they wanted him that bad. the big question is whether or not someone is hot enough for one of the top players to let go of TWO premium picks...I guess we'll find out in less than 48 hours.

FinzManiac said:
Good point...they did pony up b/c they wanted him that bad. the big question is whether or not someone is hot enough for one of the top players to let go of TWO premium picks...I guess we'll find out in less than 48 hours.

We have no idea what Saban would really want to begin with...perhaps he wants more lower picks than just two high picks....maybe a pick next year....but to flat out say as some are....that Saban doesn't want picks....or teams haven't offered picks....is mind blowing...where have they been?

I wouldn't say Smith trashed or even semi-trashed the niners. He said bascially what anyone else would, that he would hope they wouldn't base their pick on who's cheaper to sign. That it wouldn't say much for the direction of their or any organization that would do that. I agree with him. At the same time, Alex said that if the niners don't pick him, it will not be due to financial reasons. Money will not stand in the way of them picking him or not. He did give a few reasons as to why he's better than Rodgers. In a nutshell he said he's more NFL ready and more prepared mentally for what defenses do in the NFL. In another Note about the Dan Patrick show, they had a mock draft with Fish Wrap reporters from each city in the top 10 and the reporter from the SF Chronicle said he believes the Smith talks are a smoke screen for teams who like smith and that in the end they'll take rodgers, to which Jason cole said if that's the case, Saban would take Smith in a heartbeat. Jason Cole's exact quote "If Alex Smith isn't there at the second spot, then Nick Saban would rather gargle with drano than select in the #2 spot"

This is a non-story. A couple local writers reporting old news that basically Rodgers would like to go to SF and the niners know what it would take to sign him. They're still pursuing Smith; this really doesn't change (or mean) a thing.

jsut when i thaught i saw the DUMBEST thing in the NFL. the 49ers had to go and decide who to pick #1 overall based on who is the CHEAPEST.

im embarased for their fans and organization.

but honestly... **** them. how does this hurt the fins?????:)

I think the Smith thing was a bargaining tool all along. I thought it all week up until this news. They used Smith. They want Rodgers and they wanted him at a reduced rate.

We all win. :D

Bowl_Bound said:
HMMMMMM
I hope that is the case, although I dont beleive much of anything anymore. What a great position as those who want both Smith and Edwards would compete for our pick.

the way i see it is that if the qbs rogers smith are sooooo good why is everyone after brylan edwards nobody is moving up to try and get one of those players every body is wanting brylan and if we have any since that is who we grab at the #2 spot and get a qb in the next couple rounds cause imo i think there is not much seprating the top 5 qbs in this draft and ricky williams will be back he didnt try to fight us on the money he owes us and plus he owes child support 4,200 a month that is what the judge ordered soo he will be back and we can draft a rb in one of the later rounds cause it is deep in that possion so imo everybody knows that brylan is the best player coming out of college and i saw him on nfl network and he was awsome and we need another wr to fit our offence that we will be useing so if we want the best we got to draft the best BRYLAN EDWARDS WR AT #2:evil: :evil:

jason_taylor said:
the way i see it is that if the qbs rogers smith are sooooo good why is everyone after brylan edwards nobody is moving up to try and get one of those players every body is wanting brylan and if we have any since that is who we grab at the #2 spot and get a qb in the next couple rounds cause imo i think there is not much seprating the top 5 qbs in this draft and ricky williams will be back he didnt try to fight us on the money he owes us and plus he owes child support 4,200 a month that is what the judge ordered soo he will be back and we can draft a rb in one of the later rounds cause it is deep in that possion so imo everybody knows that brylan is the best player coming out of college and i saw him on nfl network and he was awsome and we need another wr to fit our offence that we will be useing so if we want the best we got to draft the best BRYLAN EDWARDS WR AT #2:evil: :evil:

I don't want Brylan Edwards. Although I would take Braylon Edwards.

fishfan34 said:
In another Note about the Dan Patrick show, they had a mock draft with Fish Wrap reporters from each city in the top 10 and the reporter from the SF Chronicle said he believes the Smith talks are a smoke screen for teams who like Smith and that in the end they'll take Rodgers, to which Jason Cole said if that's the case, Saban would take Smith in a heartbeat. Jason Cole's exact quote "If Alex Smith isn't there at the second spot, then Nick Saban would rather gargle with Drano than select in the #2 spot"

Here is truth. I believe that Jason Cole has Saban pegged better than anyone. I think that Saban wants Smith and actually overplayed things a bit, and is now holding his breath hoping that the 49ers take Rodgers.

Back
Top Bottom