Rodrique Wright | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rodrique Wright

I have to say I wasn't at all impressed with Wright in the Rose bowl. Totally non existent in the game. Taitusi Lutui completly owned him in the game. And even had him one on one in passing situations and Wright didn't do anything. Good pick in the 7th.
Hopefully he'll be able to show something and be used as a rotational player.

InSabanWeTrust1 said:

and we got him in the 7th. 7th rounders are meant to find quality backups. and we my freinds, have got ourselves a diamond in the rough. Future starter. quality backup

for this season

He played with a more consistent motor when he was healthy as a senior and he also showed more versatility playing DT, NT and even DE throughout the course of the season.
There's that word again.

Stacks said:
How much money did that fool lose by going back to school last year?

Reword this to 'how much money did we save by Rod Wright going back to school?' :wink:

yea, I would take College education + national championsip + 7th round over 1st round and non of that^. If he plays well, like the 1st rounder that he was, then he WILL get his money. In a few years if he becomes a starter and plays well, he can ask for more money which he deserves. If not, as long as he has a contract he can feed his family. And if he doesnt, hes got the college education.

maddendude said:
yea, I would take College education + national championsip + 7th round over 1st round and non of that^. If he plays well, like the 1st rounder that he was, then he WILL get his money. In a few years if he becomes a starter and plays well, he can ask for more money which he deserves. If not, as long as he has a contract he can feed his family. And if he doesnt, hes got the college education.
In a couple of years we could potentially trade him for a 1st round pick...

phinfan_1 said:
I watched him in the Rose bowl. Taitusi Lutui owned him.
He just didn't seem like he was playing as hard as he could.

He did have the HUGE stop late in the game on 4th and 2 during USC's attempted comeback

Paul 13 said:
In a couple of years we could potentially trade him for a 1st round pick...

Why would we EVER do that? :shakeno:

Stacks said:
Oh...I was under the impression that he was lookin like a 4-5 rounder this year. If he goes round 2 then that's all good. I just remember seeing mocks last year (I think Kiper) had him going 20 overall.

I would rather be a top 20 NFL pick then win a NCAA title in any sport, any day of the week. JMO.
I'd take the National Championship and the feeling it would bring over the $$ anyday!!

PhinsTD said:
Staying in school when you'll be a high pick is never a good decision IMO. The money that you can get can set up not only yourself, but your entire family as well.

I've heard it said that it was a selfless move as opposed to being selfish and coming out early. I don't call setting up your entire family financially, "selfish."
What if your family is fine money wise? Then what?? Not ever player out there is poor

Agent51 said:
Why would we EVER do that? :shakeno:

So we can package it with more picks, trade up and draft another defensive tackle who is less talented and experiened :rolleyes:

Don't you know the NFL is not about team success, but about how many draft picks one has

HysterikiLL said:
So we can package it with more picks, trade up and draft another defensive tackle who is less talented and experiened :rolleyes:

Don't you know the NFL is not about team success, but about how many draft picks one has

Yea I think I was absent on the day that memo came through :shakeno: . The kid who had a great career, made a HUGE, probably game-saving, stop in the rose bowl, and had a good enough head on his shoulders to ignore all the hype last year and go back for his degree and, turns out, win the national championship apparently is a bad pick. He is 1st day talent, and I have no CLUE why he slid to us, but I'm definately not complaining. It's OK Hyster, WE know what he can do, GO LONGHORNS.

Back
Top Bottom