Ronnie Brown: "I'm only one first round pick..." | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie Brown: "I'm only one first round pick..."

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/news/story?id=2047354&num=3

Just had to point this out. This article is a big fluff piece on agent Todd France, who represents Ronnie Brown, Carlos Rogers, and Thomas Davis, all picked in the top 14.

Interesting notes:

1. There's a suggestion in there that Thomas Davis was the #1 player on Carolina's board even with New Orleans trading up to get Jammal Brown presumably ahead of the Panthers.

2. Look at the veeerrry bottom of the article. Todd France says to Ronnie Brown "Ronnie, you have a chance to be the face of the Miami Dolphins," and Ronnie merely replies, "I'm only one first round pick. You've got three."

This is the player Saban took at #2, and I'm willing to bet he took him at #2 precisely because Ronnie doesn't care if he becomes the face of the Miami Dolphins. I doubt Saban wants the Phins to have a face.

DolphinDevil28

I like boobs.
Club Member
Reaction score
Ronnie Brown is already my favorite player.

How often does someone with this kind of talent enter the league so humble?

GO RONNIE!!!

byroan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Yep, Ronnie seems like a great guy. You know he isn't selfish and is a team first player.

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
I am glad that we took a guy that has alot of talent and great character. Brown will have a bright future with us and i am glad that we have him.

Phinsdude

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I was talking to my mom (biggest football fan on earth) about this today. You look at the Bengals who took Tim Couch and Courtney Brown #1 overall, I believe Gerard Warren was #2 or 3, and wow, talk about bad. Then you draft Kellen Winslow, who looks like a sure thing, and look at how he has done. Then, you look at Braylon Edwards who's a Mail Model a 6 figure watch before he is drafted. The Browns take him. You look at the character of a player and I don't know the Browns do. We got a character player. Saban is not going to take BS from anyone. I love the pick.

DoLpHiNz34

122.10.5!!!
Reaction score
DolphinDevil28 said:
Ronnie Brown is already my favorite player.

How often does someone with this kind of talent enter the league so humble?

GO RONNIE!!!

D. Wade

Boik14

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Phinsdude said:
I was talking to my mom (biggest football fan on earth) about this today. You look at the Bengals who took Tim Couch and Courtney Brown #1 overall, I believe Gerard Warren was #2 or 3, and wow, talk about bad. Then you draft Kellen Winslow, who looks like a sure thing, and look at how he has done. Then, you look at Braylon Edwards who's a Mail Model a 6 figure watch before he is drafted. The Browns take him. You look at the character of a player and I don't know the Browns do. We got a character player. Saban is not going to take BS from anyone. I love the pick.
I only wish the same kind of draft success on the Jets Bills and Pats that the Browns have had :lol:

Austin Tatious

Starter
Reaction score
Dude, I think you meant the "Browns" not the "Bengals." Granted, they do not understand good football in Ohio either way, but at least the Bungles have been to a couple of Super Bowls. Cleveland has never been to a Super Bowl ever.

DolphinDevil28

I like boobs.
Club Member
Reaction score
DoLpHiNz34 said:

...and the city of Miami has two of them now. (although Ronnie will be more recognizable because the Fins are the flagship franchise of not only South Florida, but Florida.

HysterikiLL

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Ronnie is my favorite player and he hasn't even played a pro down yet. He carries himself so damn well off the field and on it.

newlownorder

Hoof Hearted
Reaction score
Phinsdude said:

Mail Model?? I didn't know there was such a thing. What company, UPS?

eddie4fins

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Austin Tatious said:
Dude, I think you meant the "Browns" not the "Bengals." Granted, they do not understand good football in Ohio either way, but at least the Bungles have been to a couple of Super Bowls. Cleveland has never been to a Super Bowl ever.

No they have not won a super bowl but they won quite a few championships before the leagues merged, under coach Paul Brown who revolutionized football wjth his offenses, I believe Shula was a Paul Brown deciple.

Cobra

Starter
Reaction score
I'm extremely happy with this pick as well. And now as I think back on the draft I remember when the Bears drafted Benson and they did the interview with him Benson was all crying (literally) about how everyone had done him wrong and he was treated oh so badly by everyone. I was thinking wow what a horrible attitude to have coming into the league. Now I see what a stand up guy Ronnie is. Saban definitely chose the best RB in the draft.

Top Bottom