Ronnie brown next bo jackson? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie brown next bo jackson?

Cutthroat said:
I don't post often, but I must chime in here.

Bo Jackson was the greatest running back I have EVER seen. I have been watching football for 35 years and nobody comes close. Had he not played baseball and not suffered a freak injury, I have no doubt he would have pulled down every record. He was an incredible physical specimen. Incredible speed, strength, coordination and agility.

Wish I could have seen him play longer.

BTW, I was at the Monday Night game in Seattle...incredible show.

Bo was great. Not overratted. Of the backs I've seen, he had all of their best qualites rolled into one person. Earl Campell power, Payton's sweetness, and word class speed that beats sprinter Hershal Walker. This kid does not know what he is talking about and we all know it. He probably thinks that Marino could not throw because he didn't see him play either.

phillyphinphan said:
Bo? Overated? Come on man, you can't just throw terms like "Overated" around. I'm not the biggest Bo fan, but he was FAR from overated.....

I agree with you......far far from overated

Bo was an amazing athlete. Even better than Deion Sanders. Bo was the complete package but he had a hall of famer to share carries with. Marcus Allen was no joke either. Together they formed quite a unit, but had Bo played full time I think he'd have much better numbers, and would no doubt be a hall of famer. But no offense to Ronnie but he's not the same athlete as Bo was...atleast not yet.

Bo was the best pure athlete since Jim Thorpe.If you havnt heard of him he was the best RB of his time, played both ways,was a great baseball player and won a couple of medals in the Olympics.No I am not that old.I just read a lot.:rolleyes:

Bo was amazing....bigger and faster than RB....just hope RB lasts a while longer in the NFL.

Well If Ronnie Is Half Of What Bo Was I Will Be Happy With That CAUSE They Are Two Big Guys That Can Run Past You Or JUST RUN Over You I Just Feel Bad For The Db's. :D

CrunchTime said:
Bo was the best pure athlete since Jim Thorpe.If you havnt heard of him he was the best RB of his time, played both ways,was a great baseball player and won a couple of medals in the Olympics.No I am not that old.I just read a lot.:rolleyes:

Sounds to me like you stayed at the Holiday Inn last night.
:lol:

Buddwalk said:
You guys must really like bo...the guy never had a 1000 yard season, the most touchdowns hes ever had in one season was 6 his rookie season, and he never caught more than 16 balls a season
As a runningback if you say hes great which he wasnt he was overrated...if you guys are gonna say well if was healthy he could of been great, so could of Curtis Enis but you dont hear anybody talking bout him!

Some people should start saying stuff like Ronnie Brown could be the next Curtis Martin...which i hope when ronnies over 30 hes still pumping out rushing seasons like that guy

Well this is the 2nd most ignorant post I have seen this year (1st was the one about Ronnie being a wasted pick). Let me guess budd, you looked up the final stats for runningbacks from 1987-1991 on some website and decided that Bo's stats didn't stack up to the others in those years. Am I close? Of course your factoring in the fact that he missed the first seven or so weeks of every season because he was playing professional baseball. What you are not factoring in is having watched him play the game. Bo Jackson was flat out electrifying, a breakaway touchdown waiting to happen. He was a threat to take it to the house EVERY time he touched the ball as is evidenced by his gaudy 5.4 YPC, a stat I have never heard of among big time RBs. Though I hate the Raiders, I loved to watch Bo Jackson play. He was a phenomenon that does not occur very often. 6' 1" 225 lbs of solid muscle, freakish acceleration, 4.3 something speed, and a jaw shattering stiff-arm (just ask Brian Bosworth). (Insert Heisman emoticon here).

Bo Jackson? best college RB i've ever seen, besides maybe Hershel Walker...

as a pro, he was the ultimate weapon... unfortunately, as many have correctly stated, he never played a full season because of baseball, never got into camp, and had to share time with Marcus Allen...

We should be ecstatic if Ronnie Brown has 75% the natural running ability as his Auburn predecessor.

Further, however, we should also remember that Brown is scouted as being a TREMENDOUS receiver out of the backfield. Something Bo was not.

Brown is also a treasure as a person, with a solid work ethic and a love for the game.

Personally, I see Brown as more of a Terrell Davis type runner and person. Hopefully, minus the headaches.

Bo averagerd 5.5 yards per carry in his career. Unfortunately, he didn't have enough carries to qualify for the record. Jim Brown holds it at 5.22. I heard that he was a descent back in his day so calling Bo overated is just simply stupid. WHo knows what Bo would have done, but he was surely a freak of nature.

Man i really belive that r.brown will be a great rb in the nfl i love his attitude his passion his respect for the game.this is the kind of player that you would like to represent your program the kind of guy you would like your daughter to bring home just a class guy. :)

Back
Top Bottom