Ronnie brown next bo jackson? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie brown next bo jackson?

GrnMtnMan said:
Read the thread before you post a flame. I believe you will find that it is only one person's opinion, the thread starter. Please don't come here to stir the pot.
If you're not one of those then I'm not calling you out. You can't deny that some people here *cough* Dominizzo*feelthepain* Cough* think that every player on your team is probowl bound.

Justasportsfan said:
If you're not one of those then I'm not calling you out. You can't deny that some people here *cough* Dominizzo*feelthepain* Cough* think that every player on your team is probowl bound.

For the record: Comparing Brown to Jackson is a joke. Comparing most runners to Jackson is a joke. Jackson was a phenom and as many eluded a once a generation type runner. Too bad that injury cut his career short. Im sure he would've challenged/set records if he devoted himself to football instead of hitting 40 taters a year.

GrnMtnMan said:
For the record: Comparing Brown to Jackson is a joke. Comparing most runners to Jackson is a joke. Jackson was a phenom and as many eluded a once a generation type runner. Too bad that injury cut his career short. Im sure he would've challenged/set records if he devoted himself to football instead of hitting 40 taters a year.
I think by now you might have realized that I agree w/ you.

I can't believe I made it this far through this thread and

no one mentioned the time that Bo ran through Brian "The Boz" Bosworth. You couldn't script a play any better in hollywood. Bo breaks into the open and there is the big bad Boz. The announcers are going nuts about the pending confrontation between two the superstars and then Bo runs right over him like he wan't even standing there.

I have a great idea!!! Let's wait for Ronnie Brown to make some plays and have some runs like Bo did before we compare him to Bo. It doesn't matter if he's bigger or faster. All that matters is that he shows us on the field. Remember when JJ compared Larry Shannon to Randy Moss because of their "similar styles"? That pick really helped us out huh? Did he even catch a ball for us?

Personally, I'm humored by how excited some people here get about our rookies. If we're not comparing them to former greats, we're making nicknames for them or talking about them appearring on "Jacked Up!" and they have yet to play a down. I'm curious to know how many people were comparing the likes of Tony Mandarich, Ryan Leaf, and others to former greats before they even played a down only to realize how wrong they were. People compared John Avery to Barry Sanders and that really panned out for us huh?

phinfan2003 said:
I have a great idea!!! Let's wait for Ronnie Brown to make some plays and have some runs like Bo did before we compare him to Bo. It doesn't matter if he's bigger or faster. All that matters is that he shows us on the field. Remember when JJ compared Larry Shannon to Randy Moss because of their "similar styles"? That pick really helped us out huh? Did he even catch a ball for us?

Personally, I'm humored by how excited some people here get about our rookies. If we're not comparing them to former greats, we're making nicknames for them or talking about them appearring on "Jacked Up!" and they have yet to play a down. I'm curious to know how many people were comparing the likes of Tony Mandarich, Ryan Leaf, and others to former greats before they even played a down only to realize how wrong they were. People compared John Avery to Barry Sanders and that really panned out for us huh?
then some people here won't be able to post or have anything to say if that's the case.

Those nickname threads are hilarious though.

Justasportsfan said:
Bo Jackson?:rolleyes: I'm almost sure you guys would be asking the same thing if you drafted Benson, Cadillac or Clarett :lol:

For a second I thought Dominizzo started this thread.

Damn Justa...what do expect? I've seen just as much of what you are criticizing over at BillsZone from actually about the same age people. You find more of it here only because Finheaven is a lot more active board than BZ. Homerism isn't exclusive only to Miami Dolphins Message Boards, although I tend to enjoy it (homerism) I am a fan! In the grand scheme of things, you certainly can't come here with any degree of superiority. The Miami Dolphins, last I checked, is still the winningest team in all of professional football history.

themole said:
Damn Justa...what do expect? I've seen just as much of what you are criticizing over at BillsZone from actually about the same age people. You find more of it here only because Finheaven is a lot more active board than BZ. Homerism isn't exclusive only to Miami Dolphins Message Boards, although I tend to enjoy it (homerism) I am a fan! In the grand scheme of things, you certainly can't come here with any degree of superiority. The Miami Dolphins, last I checked, is still the winningest team in all of professional football history.
that's why I said the nickname threads are hilarious. FH is more active because there are more Bills websites than there are fins site. FH has also been around longer than the other fins site. Plus FH has the best bills fans posting here :D.

[rant] I'm not one to just up and post something if someone has already stated the obvious, as you can tell by my post count, but this time I needed to atleast write something because I wanted to slap someone when I read this post about Bo being overrated.... w...t....h ? I know I'm only 22 but why would you state something so ... so.... what's the word ....ignorant. Your ignorant to the fact of Bo Jackson and football, even ignorant to Bo Jackson and Baseball, I'd go to say you would be ignorant to Bo Jackson period if it wasn't for your little Google Toolbar you used to look up his stats. WhOOhohOEHoe I'm mad [/rant] Thanks and I'm done.
:fire: :shout: :tantrum:

Justasportsfan said:
that's why I said the nickname threads are hilarious. FH is more active because there are more Bills websites than there are fins site. FH has also been around longer than the other fins site. Plus FH has the best bills fans posting here :D.

How many different Bills sites are there?

unifiedtheory said:
Do not talk about what you know nothing about or did not witness for yourself.

So you'll never mention 1972 ?

Justasportsfan said:
then some people here won't be able to post or have anything to say if that's the case.

Those nickname threads are hilarious though.

I am sure of one thing, people will be able to post things about Brown, because he will be good (He does too many things well, and is too good an athlete not to), the question that really need's to be answered is, will he be great, an elite RB, or even one of the top 15 RB....nobody can answer that, except Ron Brown on the Field this SEPT.....everything else is speculation, hope, and wishing on both sides (People that want to see him succeed, and those that don't).

Ronnie looks more like Ladanian Tomlinson than he does anyone else. Bo was a different kind of beast. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

Personally I wouldn't mind if he turned out to be more like LT than Bo Jackson. We have talented enough recievers that could explode with a catching RB around. Haha, maybe David Boston will get his second chance to benefit from a dominant pass catching RB threat.

The only reason those comparisons are even around to Bo are because they were both Auburn RB's, don't read too much into it.

Back
Top Bottom