Ronnie brown next bo jackson? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie brown next bo jackson?

Buddwalk said:
You guys must really like bo...the guy never had a 1000 yard season, the most touchdowns hes ever had in one season was 6 his rookie season, and he never caught more than 16 balls a season
As a runningback if you say hes great which he wasnt he was overrated...if you guys are gonna say well if was healthy he could of been great, so could of Curtis Enis but you dont hear anybody talking bout him!

Some people should start saying stuff like Ronnie Brown could be the next Curtis Martin...which i hope when ronnies over 30 hes still pumping out rushing seasons like that guy

Hey genius......look at how many games he had those numbers in....

He would have been a 1700 yard a year back year in and year out if he didn't play baseball.

Section126 said:
LETS PRAY...that Ronnie Brown is the next Bo Jackson....PRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bo Jackson was the best the runningback I have ever seen...PERIOD...Power, Speed, Explosiveness, and Vision.

For the one year old that said he was overrated....do you remember Ricky's first year with the Dolphins? That was Bo Jackson....ALL THE TIME.

Bo might be the best pro athlete of all-time....He was a very good outfielder for the Royals also.

The guy was an unbelievable athlete.did you ever see that Royals game where he ran up on the wall?it was unreal..

Buddwalk said:
You guys must really like bo...the guy never had a 1000 yard season, the most touchdowns hes ever had in one season was 6 his rookie season, and he never caught more than 16 balls a season
As a runningback if you say hes great which he wasnt he was overrated...if you guys are gonna say well if was healthy he could of been great, so could of Curtis Enis but you dont hear anybody talking bout him!

Some people should start saying stuff like Ronnie Brown could be the next Curtis Martin...which i hope when ronnies over 30 hes still pumping out rushing seasons like that guy

you rattle off these stats without mentioning the fact that he never played more than 12 games in a season casue he played two sports. Matter of fact uff those stats, if you ever had a chance to see him live you would be talking very different. He is one of a very select few offensive players that physically intimadated defenses....

Buddwalk said:

The reason for it was because the Raiders had a little known RB called MARCUS ALLEN still back there and between the two of them they fueled the Raiders attack...which was all they had back them if I recall...unless you consider Jay Schroeder a totally awesome QB...

I dont know why but I dont think Ronnie looks too much like Bo...

Bo had giant shoulders and I dont see that on Ronnie....

Buddwalk said:
I hope not...Bo Jackson was an amazing athlete but not an amazing running back sorry man. Way over rated bo was!!! I hope ronnie browns the next barry sanders!

You never saw Bo play! He was what he was and unfortunately he suffered a hip injury that made it impossible to measure what kind of player he was.

Hey Bud...no offense but, you are dead wrong. Had you been more than 21 month old squirt and actually seen this man play, you'd be embarrased at what you're saying. You can't throw stats out there without throwing all the stats out there, such as "games played" and "YPC". I mean when this guy touched the ball, everyone stopped breathing (including the opposition) knowing something amazing was going to happen. He, IMO, was the best pure athlete I've ever SEEN. Unfortunately, he had a career ending injury. A freak injury. Now I usually make it a point not to argue with people that have never actually witnessed something and think they're right, but this time I felt compelled to rebut.

If Ronnie is 80% of what Bo was we're going to be set at Rb as long as hes around. He'll also be seeing quite a few pro bowls. I think the better comparison might be a better/healthier (we hope) version of fred taylor

I'm just stating the facts people dont get mad at me...you cant say bo was the greatest when he doesnt have stats to prove it

The best runningback i've ever seen play was barry sanders...If he would of played another 5 years and retired he would of finished with well over 22,000 rushing yards. The guy was untouchable

Buddwalk said:
I'm just stating the facts people dont get mad at me...you cant say bo was the greatest when he doesnt have stats to prove it

The best runningback i've ever seen play was barry sanders...If he would of played another 5 years and retired he would of finished with well over 22,000 rushing yards. The guy was untouchable
Jim Brown doesnt have the stats but he was the most dominant player of his era at that position. With Bo's 5.5 YPC average you can make the same case for him. There really was no one like him that Ive seen thats for sure. He was an absolute machine.

Buddwalk said:

You are not stating facts...you are stating an opinion....and an opinion that is laughable on it's face at that.

i remember Bos last game vs. cincy. i think it was on NBC as a matter of fact. all i remember is the post game interview and seeing that nasty limp

Buddwalk said:
I hope not...Bo Jackson was an amazing athlete but not an amazing running back sorry man. Way over rated bo was!!! I hope ronnie browns the next barry sanders!

not an amazing runningback...omg thats funny

MelbournePhin said:
i remember Bos last game vs. cincy. i think it was on NBC as a matter of fact. all i remember is the post game interview and seeing that nasty limp
It was on NBC. If I remember Don Criqui or something wa sthe announcer

Back
Top Bottom