Ronnie brown next bo jackson? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie brown next bo jackson?

Buddwalk said:
I hope not...Bo Jackson was an amazing athlete but not an amazing running back sorry man. Way over rated bo was!!! I hope ronnie browns the next barry sanders!

Surely you jest! Bo Jackson, was awesome and an absolute pleasure to watch. He had the size, speed and vision to cause DCs to game plan around him. He could hurt a team from any point on the field. Yeah...just like RW, but Bo had a love for the game and was dedicated. He just wore his hips out playing professional baseball and football.

Buddwalk said:
I hope not...Bo Jackson was an amazing athlete but not an amazing running back sorry man. Way over rated bo was!!! I hope ronnie browns the next barry sanders!

Thats funny man, did you learn that using your psychic abilities?

I love reading sprouts who never saw a player play come on here an act as if they did.

Bo Jackson was one of the greatest specimens to ever line up as a runningback, had he devoted himself entirely to football versus being a two sport player and stayed healthy he surely would have gone down as one of the greatest runners to ever play, and possibly the greatest.

Buddwalk said:
Bo Jackson Overated? I'm sorry Bo jackson was one of the greatest atheletes in the last 25 years. He was anything but overated. Is Ronnie Brown the next Bo? I don't know and really not sure it matters. But Bo Was Awsome. as a running back as a baseball player, as a sprinter!!

Boik14 said:
Jim Brown doesnt have the stats but he was the most dominant player of his era at that position. With Bo's 5.5 YPC average you can make the same case for him. There really was no one like him that Ive seen thats for sure. He was an absolute machine.

Jim Brown doesn't have the stats? Jim Brown played in 12 games seasons and only played 9 years, yet he was the leagues all-time rusher for the next 20 some thing years unril Peyton broke it and later Emmitt, with their 16 game seasons and longer careers.

Awsi Dooger said:
I usually agree with you but not this time. Payton was a dynamo, the most aggressive RB I've ever seen. He was ten times mored physical than Curtis Martin but not as fluid. In his early years Walter had plenty of spectacular plays, usually running over one defender then eluding two or three more. Plus he had that athletic arrogance the superstars possess, holding the ball away from his body in one hand while making the great runs. I think Gale Sayers is the best pure HB I've ever seen, but Payton got the most out of his ability and was far superior to Curtis Martin.

What was this, a Bo Jackson thread, right? As I've posted before, Bo was a freak but not nearly to the degree of Marcus Dupree who was a freshman at Oklahoma in '82 the same year Bo Jackson was a freshman at Auburn. Simply no comparison when both were healthy. The well received recruiting book was called The Courting of Marcus Dupree, not The Courting of Bo Jackson. Dupree may have been the most heavily recruited high schooler of all time. I was new at USC that year and John Robinson was absolutely desperate to replace Marcus Allen with Marcus Dupree.

Bo was a slasher while Dupree could do that plus the quick elusive moves. Also Dupree was much bigger than Bo and only a shade slower, if slower at all. I still can't find Marcus Dupree highlights on the internet from his frosh year at Oklahoma. The younger fans would be amazed at his combo of size, speed and moves, all necessary to string 7 straight games with at least a 70 yard TD run.

I remember him and your way overating Marcus Dupree, Bo Jackson was the most coveted player coming out in that draft, hence Tampa drafted him #1 despite his public proclamation that he would not sign with the Bucs.

Dupree didn't even tear up the USFL, in fact his big year at Oklahoma was about 900 yards.

Buddwalk said:

overrated???? Bo in my opinion would have been a hof back had it not been for the hip injury. in his prime i would take him over ronnie brown.,

Ronnie Brown is bigger coming out of college than Bo, Bo is faster.........they really are different backs although both possessed speed and power.

I'm not ready yet to put Ronnie on a par with Bo, but before hes done he may surprise us.

Yo young fella settle down...Bo was great. Barry was great as well but, he is not even the best Lion ever. Billy Sims was great. Again, a back who dominated his era but his career was cut short like Bo. Barry would carry the ball 10x with 7 being for a loss, then rip off a long one. Barry did to Detroit what Ricky did to Miami...just quit. Walter was sweet too. He was lucky he was never seriously injured. As for Ronnie he will be the next great one, I think he is more like Tomlinson with the all around game.

unifiedtheory said:
Dude....you are 16 years old. Bo played his last game in 1990...that would make you a one year old when he played his last game...

Do not talk about what you know nothing about or did not witness for yourself. You can not call a player "overrated" if you never actually watched his sport of choice when he was an active player.

Bo Jackson was the most explosive running back I've ever seen play the game. He was 6'1" 225 LBS. with LEGIT 4.3 speed.

It's too bad he chose baseball over football (I wonder what would have happened if Tampa had'nt taken him). I think if he had gone straight to the NFL he would be an all timer...as it is he's probably the best pure athlete I've ever seen.

Comparing Ronnie Brown to Bo Jackson is almost laughable. Ronnie will be a damn good running back...Bo Jackson was a once in a generation talent who chose the wrong sport (IMO) and had a freak injury that ended his career far too soon.

Well put

Bo Jackson?:rolleyes: I'm almost sure you guys would be asking the same thing if you drafted Benson, Cadillac or Clarett :lol:

For a second I thought Dominizzo started this thread.

Justasportsfan said:
Bo Jackson?:rolleyes: I'm almost sure you guys would be asking the same thing if you drafted Benson, Cadillac or Clarett :lol:

Read the thread before you post a flame. I believe you will find that it is only one person's opinion, the thread starter. Please don't come here to stir the pot.

I've check'd every football preview magazine while at work and they all say Ronnie Brown is the man. The latest one i read said don't be surprised if Ronnie is the premiere NFL back in 2 or 3 years.

The writer said something like " some people prefer Caddillacs and some prefer Bentleys. I'll take the Bentley.

Just amazing how when your 16 you think you know everything and have to prove it to everybody and in the process make very silly statements and claims.:rofl3:

Section126 said:
LETS PRAY...that Ronnie Brown is the next Bo Jackson....PRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bo Jackson was the best runningback I have ever seen...PERIOD...Power, Speed, Explosiveness, and Vision.

For the one year old that said he was overrated....do you remember Ricky's first year with the Dolphins? That was Bo Jackson....ALL THE TIME.

Bo might be the best pro athlete of all-time....He was a very good outfielder for the Royals also.

Absolutely. I was at Auburn during the time that Bo played there and he was simply amazing. Ronnie is a good running back but no where near the lkevel of Bo. To paraphrase a famouse line ... "I knew Bo Jackson. And you, Ronnie, are no Bo Jackson".

Boik14 said:
If youve watch Curtis Martin, youve watched Walter Payton. Great back, always fell foward. always got the necessary yards. always made the key play. not spectacular or flashy, just smart, saw the field real well and tough.

No Way this is correct. Payton was a much tougher runner. Not once did he EVEr run out of bounds to avoid contact. He would lower is shoulder on the sideline and pick up an extra 2 yards.

Back
Top Bottom