Ronnie brown next bo jackson? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie brown next bo jackson?

Boik14 said:
Jim Brown doesnt have the stats but he was the most dominant player of his era at that position. With Bo's 5.5 YPC average you can make the same case for him. There really was no one like him that Ive seen thats for sure. He was an absolute machine.

Actually brown does have the stats to back it up...he quit for the same reason barry did cause he had no more passion for the game

MelbournePhin said:
never imagined that i would not ever see Bo being Bo after that game. pretty sad.
I know. I was very upset. :cry:

Buddwalk said:
Actually brown does have the stats to back it up...he quit for the same reason barry did cause he had no more passion for the game
And Bo had nothing but passion for the game, and while he could have started for any other team but he couldnt say anything about being a full time back cause marcus allen was a legend in oakland. Faider fans still have a love affair with Allen even after he went to KC.

That Bo Jackson run vs Seattle on MNF is 1 of my top 3 favorite plays ever. Absolutelyy sick. he just completely tore butt past the seattle D. Ive never seen anything so fast.

whatsburning said:
Have you divided his stats into games played?? Plus the fact that Marcus Allen split time with him? For someone to come to the team around week 4 - 6, with no training camp, and after having played an entire season of baseball, he was one of the GREATEST! We all know that BO KNOWS...

Untouchable? Well, maybe three plays out of 30. As great as Sanders was, everybody knows he got his numbers from three long runs every game. As for the other 27 touches, it usually was a yard here, two yards there...

sorry buddy barry was amazing...like i said untouchable...the reason he stayed good for so long is cause he wasnt hit often

whatsburning said:
I though Barry quit because he no longer wanted to be a Lion. I recall his wanting to come to Miami but the Lions refused.

Those were rumors...he quit cause he lost his passion for football

truthfully i think he lost patience and couldnt take losing anymore

I havnt really seen him play but i heard walter payton was maybe the best back ever...not just cause of yards but how he couldnt be stopped...also in 13 years the guy missed one game...amazing

Buddwalk said:
sorry buddy barry was amazing...like i said untouchable...the reason he stayed good for so long is cause he wasnt hit often
No doubting barry was amazing but this isnt a barry/bo comparison thread. Someone compared ronnie to Bo and its not an accurate comparison. Expecting someone to be as physically gifted as Bo Jackson is like expecting a basketball player to be Larry or MJ; its not f'n reasonable.

Boik14 said:
No doubting barry was amazing but this isnt a barry/bo comparison thread. Someone compared ronnie to Bo and its not an accurate comparison. Expecting someone to be as physically gifted as Bo Jackson is like expecting a basketball player to be Larry or MJ; its not f'n reasonable.

hmm...

Lebron James right now at this stage is pretty close to what mj was at that stage

Ronnie is very physically gifted but like you said as an athlete to compare both of the guys...no way

Bo was maybe the greatest athlete ever...of course its debatable

But i think as a runningback...bo is not as gifted as ronnie is

Ronnie has been touted as having the best hands in the whole draft
Ronnies still very fresh not having alot of carries in college

I don't post often, but I must chime in here.

Bo Jackson was the greatest running back I have EVER seen. I have been watching football for 35 years and nobody comes close. Had he not played baseball and not suffered a freak injury, I have no doubt he would have pulled down every record. He was an incredible physical specimen. Incredible speed, strength, coordination and agility.

Wish I could have seen him play longer.

BTW, I was at the Monday Night game in Seattle...incredible show.

Buddwalk said:
I havnt really seen him play but i heard walter payton was maybe the best back ever...not just cause of yards but how he couldnt be stopped...also in 13 years the guy missed one game...amazing
If youve watch Curtis Martin, youve watched Walter Payton. Great back, always fell foward. always got the necessary yards. always made the key play. not spectacular or flashy, just smart, saw the field real well and tough.

Cutthroat said:
I don't post often, but I must chime in here.

Bo Jackson was the greatest running back I have EVER seen. I have been watching football for 35 years and nobody comes close. Had he not played baseball and not suffered a freak injury, I have no doubt he would have pulled down every record. He was an incredible physical specimen. Incredible speed, strength, coordination and agility.

Wish I could have seen him play longer.

BTW, I was at the Monday Night game in Seattle...incredible show.
I remember sneaking out of my bed after my parents grounded me and watching the rest of that game and screaming holy poop *paraphrased* in the kitchen when he was making some of those runs.

Wasnt that the game he became the 1st and only back to ever have 2 90+ yard runs in 1 game?

Boik14 said:
If youve watch Curtis Martin, youve watched Walter Payton. Great back, always fell foward. always got the necessary yards. always made the key play. not spectacular or flashy, just smart, saw the field real well and tough.

I usually agree with you but not this time. Payton was a dynamo, the most aggressive RB I've ever seen. He was ten times mored physical than Curtis Martin but not as fluid. In his early years Walter had plenty of spectacular plays, usually running over one defender then eluding two or three more. Plus he had that athletic arrogance the superstars possess, holding the ball away from his body in one hand while making the great runs. I think Gale Sayers is the best pure HB I've ever seen, but Payton got the most out of his ability and was far superior to Curtis Martin.

What was this, a Bo Jackson thread, right? As I've posted before, Bo was a freak but not nearly to the degree of Marcus Dupree who was a freshman at Oklahoma in '82 the same year Bo Jackson was a freshman at Auburn. Simply no comparison when both were healthy. The well received recruiting book was called The Courting of Marcus Dupree, not The Courting of Bo Jackson. Dupree may have been the most heavily recruited high schooler of all time. I was new at USC that year and John Robinson was absolutely desperate to replace Marcus Allen with Marcus Dupree.

Bo was a slasher while Dupree could do that plus the quick elusive moves. Also Dupree was much bigger than Bo and only a shade slower, if slower at all. I still can't find Marcus Dupree highlights on the internet from his frosh year at Oklahoma. The younger fans would be amazed at his combo of size, speed and moves, all necessary to string 7 straight games with at least a 70 yard TD run.

Back
Top Bottom