Ronnie Brown, when will it be enough?! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie Brown, when will it be enough?!

I have never been one to say Ronnie is not good but I will be the first to say that Ronnie is not among the best. Maybe when he produces over a full season he will get more respect. 6 Games do not make a season.

Kinda unfair to judge talent based on durability. Besides the knee blowout was his first real injury. The hand was a freak accident that could happen to anybody.

Make no mistake Ronnie is one of the most talented RBs in the league. This guy runs all over people even when opponents know the Dolphins are going to run the ball.

ok...perfect1 i think he will do pretty good but not an injury prone cause like u said hes a beast so get it right man

:lol: I dont think of Ronnie in the same light as you do, but thats definately a solid point.
I love Ronnie when he is healthy. The only fault I see in his game is he don't have break away speed. My problem is health concerns and playing time not matching the $.

I love Ronnie when he is healthy. The only fault I see in his game is he don't have break away speed. My problem is health concerns and playing time not matching the $.

Youre right about his only true weakness when playing is lack of pure breakaway speed. Also nothing wrong with stating the truth that his playing time dosent match the money.

I understand your beef, but suggesting anything except Ronnie is almost God around here tends to rub people the wrong way. As long as you dont start suggesting John Beck isnt a future hall of famer then you might survive this Ronnie thing :lol:

Plus you do seem to discredit the guy(Ronnie) some, possibly because you are pissed he hasnt really matched the money he makes with overall production on the field. But, its not like he is flat out stealing from us like Culpepper did :lol:

Youre right about his only true weakness when playing is lack of pure breakaway speed. Also nothing wrong with stating the truth that his playing time dosent match the money.

I understand your beef, but suggesting anything except Ronnie is almost God around here tends to rub people the wrong way. As long as you dont start suggesting John Beck isnt a future hall of famer then you might survive this Ronnie thing :lol:

Plus you do seem to discredit the guy(Ronnie) some, possibly because you are pissed he hasnt really matched the money he makes with overall production on the field. But, its not like he is flat out stealing from us like Culpepper did :lol:
I don't mean too (seem to discredit him) it's just they get me so upset it seems like that. I can't get them to accept the facts of how I get my opinion on him and won't even try to understand. I do love his play for us though.

I don't mean too (seem to discredit him) it's just they get me so upset it seems like that. I can't get them to accept the facts of how I get my opinion on him and won't even try to understand. I do love his play for us though.

I can certainly understand that. :lol: Trust me.

It seems you have a point(and a good one) that Ronnie makes a ton of money and has yet to have a season that warrants that type of money. He has a so so rookie year where he had to split time with a guy who was still a beast at the time(Ricky). Then he has a not too great 2nd year and got dinged up and missed games that hurt his overall production. Then he gets taken out for the year after he gave us a nice taste for 3 games. Its frustrating, I know. And yes, he does lack homerun speed.

But, Ronnie is a good back. Just because we took him 2nd overall dosent mean he has to be a HOFer to justify that. As long as he produces when he gets in there and dosent suffer anymore major injuries he should be fine and worth the pick and the money.

But, I understand what you mean. You make a solid point about Ronnie to start with, then someone gets upset and takes it as you think he is a bust or something along those lines.

Then just because you are seeing things as they are and not worshiping the guy and giving him credit for things he hasnt accomplished and not assuming he will accomplish what everyone hopes and thinks he can they label you as a Ronnie hater. That gets you more upset and you have to battle and point out why the guy isnt the greatest ever and it makes you look like more of a Ronnie hater when you really arent. I see how this can happen to you and get very frustrating for you.

Relax. Just make your original points(which are good ones) and restress how you truly feel about the guy, especially if you think he is a good player(and I think you do) and try and point out some of his positives when making your points that whether they believe it or not there are some negatives to Ronnie.

All in all the guy is a good player and will be a great asset to our team if he gets healthy and stays that way. I think ALL OF US AGREE on that!:up:

To quote the Tuna:
"You are exactly what your record says you are."

Dude all you haters on Ronnie u watch he is a stud dude he is the best if he stays healthy you get him a line he well kill

ok he might get injured but the thing is we are gettin a line so wuts gonna happen is its jus gonna be perfect for him

at what point do we stop talking about how each player on this team sucks? I for one think, that last year during a few games, Brown showed he can be an elite back. A rb getting hurt is nothing of a surprise, but it would be nice to see him finish a whole season.

Ronnie is the best prospect, best athletic specimen, all around best everything we've had on offense since marino was in his heydey. To think otherwise would require serious hater-ade sippage. Remember that Ricky didn't really break out until his fourth year, which was his 1st in Miami. Ronnie has shown me that he's every bit as valuble as Ricky plus much more. Like i said even before we drafted him, ronnie will be the guy to build a franchise around.

The previous regime was even wise enough to nab LoBooker which is the ultimate match for RB..... i couldn't draw up a better duo myself.

Yeah. Once JT is gone, RB is the face of this franchise and my current favorite Phin (next to JT of course). I just don't get the bashing of Ronnie on this board. He is hands down the best player on our offense. Why don't we get a solid o line and a passing game before jumping to judgement?

Remember Frank Gore? Multiple knee surgeries, and he is still playing like his knees are brand new.

That's exactly the point I'd like to elaborate on. What's to say Ronnie won't completely rehab his injured knee and come back better than ever (or at least as dominant as he was before). I'm no prophet or psychic, but I really feel that Ronnie (given the opportunity) will tear the league up in 08. I don't foresee us as a team winning more than six games, but I do see Ronnie have banner/pro-bowl year.

Back
Top Bottom