Ronnie Brown, when will it be enough?! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie Brown, when will it be enough?!

An opinion is not a fact. Ronnie has not proven he is anywhere near LT and that is an irrefutable fact.

how hasnt he proven that...befor he was injured he was LEADING in rushing yards from scrimage....u cant tell me thats not proving himself

You know what bugs me. I don't know how old alot of people are here, but I was a kid the last time I saw a backfield like this in Miami. I waited for damn near 30 years for 1 good running back. I watched this team waste the best years of arguably the greatest QB to ever play the game because they couldn't get a running back that was worth anything. They tried I can't tell you how many guys and couldn't find 1 that was a whole lot better than mediocre. Darn near 30 years of futlity in the running game. Now when we have the best group I have seen since I was a kid all I see is this craziness. Ronnie will be back and he will be fine it will probably take him till mid season to get his form back, but he will. If Parcells will make Ricky off limits to reporters thereby giving him a little help to control his demons he will be fine. Booker, the way he played at the end of the year as a change of pace is perfect. This is a violent game, big guys going unbelievably fast colliding with each other. Guys are going to get hurt. This is why you carry two quality backs now days. Next season I'm going to sit back on Sundays, eat popcorn and watch Ronnie and Ricky blow people up while Booker breaks their ankles. Good grief people lighten up!

That's one the best posts I've read in a while, and I'd have to say that I agree wholeheartedly. Give Ronnie a chance this year and I'm sure he'll more than earn his keep.

We need to just be patient with Ronnie Brown. Yeah he's had some unlucky injuries but that's just the NFL in general. I'll bring up another player who was picked in the TOP 6 a couple of years ago and had some health issues(not all related to football) but non the less still injured. Kellen Winslow II was hurt every year before last year and look at him now, Pro Bowl tight end at the top of his game.

That's one the best posts I've read in a while, and I'd have to say that I agree wholeheartedly. Give Ronnie a chance this year and I'm sure he'll more than earn his keep.

We had the best Running Back in the NFL in 2002 and 2003 and 2005. This guy could blow smoke rings around Ronnie Brown and he is going to do it again in 2008.

How many seasons do we have to give Ronnie Brown for him show us that he is an elite back and can make it thru 16 games?

We had the best Running Back in the NFL in 2002 and 2003 and 2005. This guy could blow smoke rings around Ronnie Brown and he is going to do it again in 2008.

How many seasons do we have to give Ronnie Brown for him show us that he is an elite back and can make it thru 16 games?

I love it. I saw a post from the Soap was up in this thread so I had to come and read it. I love how you are so brutally honest about even the most sacred phins players.

Problem here is though....I hate to break it to ya Soap, but Ricky wont be dominating like he once did. At least I doubt it. I hope he does. I would LOVE IT. Youre right though about him being far superior to Ronnie back in the day.

And yea, I would be pleased to see Ronnie dominate for more than just 3 or 4 games a season. Last year it was a nice 3 game in a row stretch. In 06 he had about 3 or 4 games where he looked all world out of the 12 or so he actually played. If he could bring that for about 12 out of 16 and play every game I would be pleased.

Heck it wouldnt be the end of the world if he played just 13 or 14 and played consistantly well in at least 10 or so of them. At least then he would almost be what everyone makes him out to be around here. Which is plenty good.

Ronnie is a great football player but, he needs to be consistant, and definately make it though the season with no more than a 1 or 2 week injury tops.

I find your lack of faith in Richard rather disturbing. :(

Ronnie Brown just is not consistent. He will have a monster game one week and then tank the next. Sammy Morris in 2005-2006 when he got a chance to play out played Ronnie. Ricky outplayed him in 2005. Caddy Williams outplayed him in college. Jessie Chatman outplayed him last season at times.

The problem with Ronnie is that he to soft and lacks vision and break away speed necessary to be an elite back. Watch You Tube clips of RW and you see the quickness, vision, speed and the ablility at anytime to take it to the house. Ronnie Brown lacks all of that. He is a solid running back but in 3 seasons he has not been able to stay on the field. Sammy Smith was a good back also but injuries and costly fumbles ruined him.

Like to see that your are on the draft MATTY ICE BANDWAGON. At least there are a few people that have on sense around here. :hi5:

Ronnie Brown just is not consistent. He will have a monster game one week and then tank the next. Sammy Morris in 2005-2006 when he got a chance to play out played Ronnie. Ricky outplayed him in 2005. Caddy Williams outplayed him in college. Jessie Chatman outplayed him last season at times.

The problem with Ronnie is that he to soft and lacks vision and break away speed necessary to be an elite back. Watch You Tube clips of RW and you see the quickness, vision, speed and the ablility at anytime to take it to the house. Ronnie Brown lacks all of that. He is a solid running back but in 3 seasons he has not been able to stay on the field. Sammy Smith was a good back also but injuries and costly fumbles ruined him.

Like to see that your are on the draft MATTY ICE BANDWAGON. At least there are a few people that have on sense around here. :hi5:

LOL Soap you are alright man. I like your style.

But, I wouldnt be calling Ronnie soft. Seriously man. Come on. Ronnie is not soft. He punishes people(when he plays lol). Youre right about Ricky. Back in the day he was the REAL DEAL. Straight up beast. His skills back then were far superior to anything Ronnie did or has done.

Youre also right that breakaway speed is not Ronnies strength. He could improve on his field vision too. But, calling him soft is way off IMHO. And he definately lacks consistancy(even when he plays). He will have monster games and have games where he cant do anything. Im with ya man. I like Ronnie alot and think he is a good football player, but Im also realistic about it. He's not what people on here who rush for 2500 yards a season with him on Madden make him out to be.

And oh yea. Matty Ice is the man. If we dont take him we are gonna wind up stuck with the same situations at QB we have been floundering in for years now. Im tired of it too. Get our guy while we have the chance. Were sitting pretty with that top pick, time to resolve the problem of not having a QB once and for all(or at least the next 15 years or so).

OK, enough with the he's not worth the money. It's just a plain ignorant statement! Who in the first round is better?? Who is "worth the money?" Steroids Merriman who is one failed test from a year off??? Braylon "I tore my ACL and missed a lot of games too" Edwards? Pacman "mug shot" Jones?? Who?

1Alex SmithQBUtahSan Francisco 49ers
2Ronnie BrownRBAuburnMiami Dolphins
3Braylon EdwardsWRMichiganCleveland Browns
4Cedric BensonRBTexasChicago Bears
5Cadillac WilliamsRBAuburnTampa Bay Buccaneers
6Pacman JonesCBWest VirginiaTennessee Titans
7Troy WilliamsonWRSouth CarolinaMinnesota Vikings
8Antrel RolleDBMiami (Fla.)Arizona Cardinals
9Carlos RogersDBAuburnWashington Redskins
10Mike WilliamsWRUSCDetroit Lions
11DeMarcus WareOLBTroy StateDallas Cowboys
12Shawne MerrimanOLBMarylandSan Diego Chargers
13Jammal BrownTOklahomaNew Orleans Saints
14Thomas DavisDBGeorgiaCarolina Panthers
15Derrick JohnsonOLBTexasKansas City Chiefs
16Travis JohnsonDTFlorida StateHouston Texans
17David PollackLBGeorgiaCincinnati Bengals
18Erasmus JamesDEWisconsinMinnesota Vikings
19Alex BarronTFlorida StateSt. Louis Rams
20Marcus SpearsDELouisiana StateDallas Cowboys
21Matt JonesWRArkansasJacksonville Jaguars
22Mark ClaytonWROklahomaBaltimore Ravens
23Fabian WashingtonCBNebraskaOakland Raiders
24Aaron RodgersQBCaliforniaGreen Bay Packers
25Jason CampbellQBAuburnWashington Redskins
26Chris SpencerCMississippiSeattle Seahawks
27Roddy WhiteWRAlabama-BirminghamAtlanta Falcons
28Luis CastilloDENorthwesternSan Diego Chargers
29Marlin JacksonDBMichiganIndianapolis Colts
30Heath MillerTEVirginiaPittsburgh Steelers
31Mike PattersonDTUSCPhiladelphia Eagles
32Logan Mankins

Look at that list and tell me Ronnie is not at the head of the class! Argue all you want about his injuries (if you really must), but people have got to stop opening up their big mouths about how much we pay Ronnie. We did NOT pass on the second coming of the all mighty himself, we did not reach for him (he was rated a top 3 talent), and we did not over pay (that's the going rate for number 2). Sheesh, let that weak argument die once an for all, please!

The concern is NOT his talent. It's his ability to be counted on to play a 16 game (or 19 games eventually) season.

Yeah, because that is Ronnie's fault. He gets his hand caught in facemask, and twisted, causing a spiral fracture, something that EVERYBODY have gone through unscathed. And plus, it was Ronnie Brown's fault that Cleo Lemon threw an interception, which prompted Ronnie Brown to have to make the tackle to prevent the situation from getting worse.

Here is my 2 cents on Ronnie is last year was his LAST chance to prove his worth. However being the result was so odd, he kicked *** for 4 games (but not the others it might be noted) then was hurt. My take is that was enough to buy him another year.

I've been vocal about Brown. I don't care much for the Brown/Dolphin RB situation. I don't care what kind of talent he has on paper or in short spurts, I only care about how a player translates to wins or even just as simple as how much that player helps elevate his unit (i.e. Dolphins offense in his case). I don't Think Ronnie has helped either of those situation constantly enough to be considered the player a lot of people here think he is.

I also have mentioned I think we are about to see Ronnie try to redo his contract after next season if he has a good season. I think if that happens you will see some serious arguments over Ronnie and his future as a Dolphin.

Ronnie will be back and finally prove all the doubters wrong once and for all.

Back
Top Bottom