Ronnie Deal Could Pick Up Pace Very Soon | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie Deal Could Pick Up Pace Very Soon

arsenal said:
nets 1-2 million? haha please, you know that player salaries only is about 65% of the full amount the NFL brings in, where do you think the rest of the money goes?

if you consider the salary cap is 85 million per team, thats 2.72 billion dollars in total player salaries, meaning thats 65% of the full NFL revenue... that means the other 35% is about 1.5 billion dollars... i dont know where that goes but im sure the owners get a bunch...

saying they net 1-2 mil a year owning a team is CRAZY

You are only talking about the Defined Gross Revenues (DGR) not full revenue. The owners make more than DGR and that is the heart of the current dispute between the owners, not the NFLPA, that is holding off an agreement to extend the CBA.

^yeah believe me that was rough numbers, haha... i know theres more in there, but just trying to show how impossible it is to think an owner just gets 1-2 million off owning a team...

as for the brown contract stuff, everyone seems to be mixing up the contract with the guarantees... and if it was really about just 3 million more of the contract being guaranteed just give it up, we're hoping this guy will make all the money from his contract either way by being here and being successful

redhead said:
this is all about greed..., and the longer he stays out the better chance he gets injured as his joints and muscles are not up to the punishment as he wasn't conditioned into the role of rb. Weight lifting and sprints is not full contact...

strangely, I don't think this is all about greed....I think it's about reputation. France's reputation to be exact. If he agrees to a deal that is not comensurate with what the #1 and #3 overall picks sign to he stands to not only lose his percentage of a high contract but also clients. He knows he'll be less likely to sign 1st tier talent in the coming years if he gives in to the team and signs for less. Plus the grief he'll get from other agents won't help his ablity to do business either. He could very well loose current players that he represents to other agents who us this against him. He's got a lot on the line and for once I don't think it's soley about greed.

On a side note....everyone (the papers, other media, us) keep talking about the top draftees this year and their guarnateed money in the contract...now correct me please if I'm wrong but that encompasses the entire contract and not just the signing bonus. Or is it simply the signing bonus being guarenteed?

I seems to me that the bonus amount isn't necessarily the issue but the entire amount that is to be gauranteed...I guess...

..thought?

arsenal said:
^yeah believe me that was rough numbers, haha... i know theres more in there, but just trying to show how impossible it is to think an owner just gets 1-2 million off owning a team...

Not really impossible. Go back and read my post about that point. The links are about 2003 information, which I think is the latest reported by Forbes, but are valid.

Merman said:
Not really impossible. Go back and read my post about that point. The links are about 2003 information, which I think is the latest reported by Forbes, but are valid.
Thank You. He is so sure he's right here he's not even considering the fact that some NFL owners actually lose money annually even in todays NFL. Getting back to my earlier post I think Miami fans would be shocked to know what an NFL season ticket actually costs in other towns than Miami. The Phins season ticks are very cheap compared with many other teams so I already know teams such as Carolina and Houston have way more revenue coming through the gate than Miami does. That's not even counting the fact that each season ticket owner had to pay 5 grand just to have the right to buy the tickets. If you went to Miami right now and said every season ticket owner has to fork over 5 grand just to have a right to buy the seat Miami would be blacked out forever and probably average about 20,000 a Sunday.

I still would like to see some sort of proof to back the statement up. I would like a link to the article in which Huizenga said that he only nets 1-2 mil from the Dolphins or any other type of evidence that would suggest that. Sorry but Merman agreeing with the statement doesn't prove it to be true.

BTW Merman, I have no idea what links you are referring to in your last post. If you wouldn't mind, could you point them out or re-post the links?

EDIT: Nevermind, Merman. Just found them.

Rrodr038 said:
I still would like to see some sort of proof to back the statement up. I would like a link to the article in which Huizenga said that he only nets 1-2 mil from the Dolphins or any other type of evidence that would suggest that. Sorry but Merman agreeing with the statement doesn't prove it to be true.

BTW Merman, I have no idea what links you are referring to in your last post. If you wouldn't mind, could you point them out or re-post the links?
The article I read was at least 4-5 years old so the link is in my noggin. Sorry I can't provide but then again boards like this didn't exist then either. However check out Mermans link to the Forbes report and that should give you a guide. As for your insistence on proof please send me your subpoena as I didn't realize I was in a court of law here. Nevertheless, I stand by my earlier posts.

It has to pick up!!!!! The season is here.

Low balling him.....That is the funniest thing I have heard here tonight!!

$20 mill guranteed to a guy that is not even the best back on his former team. Never carried the load. I have argued that he can, just that the $$$$ is crazy for so many ?'s What is Alexander getting guaranteed, Edge,Tomlinson,D.Davis, Dillon, Green,Jordan,R. Johnson,Westbrook,McGahee, Jackson,Portis,Holmes,McAllister,J Lewis,and Tiki Barber. Proven, tried and true runners. Give him more. NOT!!!!!

Let him sit, re-enter the draft, fall behind Leinart, Bush the Qb from louisville and I adrian peterson and whoever else steps up next year. Rbs' are getting cheaper by the year. He will fall to 6-10 at least and get 5-10 mill bonus and miss a year's salary. Look at M Williams. He lost significant stock for missing a year. He would be either a Fin or a Brown had he played.

AtlantaPhin said:
The article I read was at least 4-5 years old so the link is in my noggin. Sorry I can't provide but then again boards like this didn't exist then either. However check out Mermans link to the Forbes report and that should give you a guide. As for your insistence on proof please send me your subpoena as I didn't realize I was in a court of law here. Nevertheless, I stand by my earlier posts.

First of all, I wasn't trying to jump on you or anything. I only asked for any evidence because hehateme made a statement that I believed to be untrue, arsenal disagreed with the statement (much more harshly than I did, but still a disagreement), and obviously you disagreed with him. Given that hehateme was the one who made the initial ascertation that you apparently agree with, if he (and you) want people to accept the statement, someone needs something to back him up (that is, of course, unless one of you is Wayne Huizenga himself). Otherwise, I might as well say that the sky is dolphin orange and then when people question my opinion say "please send me your subpoena as I didn't realize I was in a court of law here".

Anyway, after reading Merman's links, I found nothing that woiuld make me believe that Huizenga or any other NFL owner nets 1-2 million. In fact, in the first link, the article stated that the average team nets 22 mil in operating income (I highly doubt that non-operating losses and taxes are in the 20 mil range). The second article stated that in 2002 the lucrative NFL TV deal made the owners a cummulative 1 Billion in operating income, meaning that the average team made 31.25 million in operating profit. That is a much more believable number than 1-2 million.

VanDolPhan said:
Your forgetting that his incentives and escalators aren't near Gallery's though which makes the deal about even.

So you have seen Gallery's and Ronnie's deals?????????????

How do you know??????

PHINZONER said:
Let him sit, re-enter the draft, fall behind Leinart, Bush the Qb from louisville and I adrian peterson and whoever else steps up next year. Rbs' are getting cheaper by the year. He will fall to 6-10 at least and get 5-10 mill bonus and miss a year's salary. Look at M Williams. He lost significant stock for missing a year. He would be either a Fin or a Brown had he played.

Brian Brohm (the QB from Louisville), and Adrian Petersen are both true sophmores meaning they can't enter the draft. Maybe you were talking about DeAngelo Williams and Omar Jacobs.

djfresh47 said:
Smith set the bar, and Brown should get paid in line with that. It can disgust you what they make, you're probably not an NFL player, who compared to other jobs, has a relatively short career period. The NFL and teams are making money, this isn't the NHL, contracts aren't guranteed which is why some ridiculous contracts are signed, with the reality that most of the money will never be seen by the player.

What is the bar for a RB?????? Not $20,000,000.
Position determines the bar not the pick. If Ronnie were #1 he would not get 24 mill.

I know no single player profits his team 20 mill over a 4-5-6 yr deal! Bad business. Look out lock out here we come!!! The fact is Gates makes 100 fold of his avg employee. Why shouldn't the owner. On a 1 billion investment like the last one I heard (for LA) or 650 mill for Min. the guy could re-invest and make 117-180 mill easily every year in a growth stock mutual fund. This is more of a risk. He deserves to make 10 fold + of the players. The players have no travel expense, no maintenence, no insurance, no stadium expense, no coaches to pay(that is an idea, make the players pay the coach, it makes them better and beg for more money) no gear to buy, no uniforms to purchase. Look at the operating expense in a team. I think a salary cap on players an pos. based on yrs should be done like in the NBA. It would get rid of agents and get the fans back in the seats. Tickets could be affordable. This deal will raise ticket prices next year. I bet this deal alone raises it a few bucks.

PHINZONER said:
What is the bar for a RB?????? Not $20,000,000.
Position determines the bar not the pick. If Ronnie were #1 he would not get 24 mill.

No, the pick determines the bar. It's always been like that.

I was more so just making a point that there is talent every year that rises, and to sit out would cost Ronnie more than 15 mill I bet. W /salary and lost bonus figured.

Back
Top Bottom