Rookie Mini Camp Today | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rookie Mini Camp Today

Jordan Phillips is clearly our new Jonathan Martin. Not in terms of bullying or crap like that, but a very smart guy who just might not want to put the work in to be a meaner, tougher SOB.

Hoping Wake and Suh can teach the guy to live up to his potential, otherwise we might be disappointed.

Seems like a smart kid, and Suh's a smart guy. Suh should also have a positive predisposition toward Phillips, because of the benefits Phillips would bring in freeing up Suh. I think Suh will be able to connect with Phillips and get the most out of him. Suh's not the kind of guy that signs a big contract and then laughs at you when he doesn't play up to it. He wants to prove that he was a great investment, and he knows that he'll make a greater impact lined up next to a giant DT, that eats up blockers, like Phillips.

"If you liked her then you should have put a ring on it"
temp050815--Rookiecamp-JP7088--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

"Now Jay, in Miami we keep a shoes tied and trash in the trash can"
temp050815--Rookiecamp-JP7074--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

"Cha, cha real smooth now"

temp050815--Rookiecamp-JP7054--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

"Listen, its pretty ****ing simple...just throw the ball in Parker's direction...anywhere in the general vicinity will be fine"
temp050815--Rookiecamp-JP7053--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

"Hey Wallace, see what happens when you look the ball into your hands"
temp050815--Rookiecamp-JP7082--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

that picture above CT posted of Parker shows it again!!!

watching film, and seeing a variety of pictures of Parker catching really shows an awesome focus on the ball, on the catch... love it!!! concentration and hands!!!

DeVante really does look like a stud. Some great concentration and athleticism on display already.

He's also all business.

from what i've seen of jordan phillips, he could play 20 to 25 snaps at fairly effective DT in his sleep.

if he finds his focus and treats this like his job, the sky is the limit.

[video=youtube;gHEg3zOlSDQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=gHEg3zOlSDQ[/video]

ouch. Phillips take a question about his motor a step further, stating it was a problem. And he thinks it won't be a problem in the future? I don't know... This is the pick that scares me. I could see this guy getting easily distracted by stuff other than football. After the Dion Jordan fiasco, my eye is always going to be on that and this is the first post-Dion Jordan red flag for me.

A guy who would prefer to stay home a play video games than go out to a club?

Quote Originally Posted by broccoli rob
"ouch. Phillips take a question about his motor a step further, stating it was a problem. And he thinks it won't be a problem in the future? I don't know... This is the pick that scares me. I could see this guy getting easily distracted by stuff other than football. After the Dion Jordan fiasco, my eye is always going to be on that and this is the first post-Dion Jordan red flag for me."

i posted this yesterday... but i liked Phillips interview, and I thought when he took on that question he was great. He didnt hide from it and manned up to a fault he has, and issue he needs to work on. Thats awesome... he just needs to get into shape and keep working hard. get a motor if anything!!! he seems to have a good head on him, good people around him... coach him up and lets see it!!! Once again though, he didnt hide... he manned up and took responsibility to the issue!!!! gotta appreciate that!!!

I believe Suh will have an influence on him, good or bad. We'll find out real quick if he's a loaf or not cause Suh won't play next to a ball sac imo. He's used to having other players around him.

Quote Originally Posted by broccoli rob
"ouch. Phillips take a question about his motor a step further, stating it was a problem. And he thinks it won't be a problem in the future? I don't know... This is the pick that scares me. I could see this guy getting easily distracted by stuff other than football. After the Dion Jordan fiasco, my eye is always going to be on that and this is the first post-Dion Jordan red flag for me."

i posted this yesterday... but i liked Phillips interview, and I thought when he took on that question he was great. He didnt hide from it and manned up to a fault he has, and issue he needs to work on. Thats awesome... he just needs to get into shape and keep working hard. get a motor if anything!!! he seems to have a good head on him, good people around him... coach him up and lets see it!!! Once again though, he didnt hide... he manned up and took responsibility to the issue!!!! gotta appreciate that!!!

Phillips also mentioend when he was drafted that with how the scheme at OU changed and with the tension on the staff he sometimes found it hard to figure out who to listen to and what the staff wanted to do, but it takes a man to admit when he's wrong.

Also have seen Parker and McCain both say that they enjoyed working against each other as it gives McCain a big physical guy to go against and Parker likes McCain's scrappiness

Friday's standouts in #Dolphins rookie camp were CB Bobby McCain and WRs DeVante Parker and Matt Hazel. Who will shine in Day 2?@JamesWalkerNFL

It's going to be interesting to see if one of the rookie WR's basically takes Matthews roster spot. Let's hope we also find a returner so we can take Landry out of that role, it's been a while since we had any consistency there.

Back
Top Bottom