Rookie Mini Camp Today | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rookie Mini Camp Today

I can dig Jones as the return man, he scares me a little cause of a few muffs in critical spots but he's definitely a shifty guy. I remember a return against VT that basically put the game away. Was pretty sick

Maybe they can trade Rishard Matthews & Will Davis to the Saints or something seems like Davis's days are numbered also with the Rookie McCain & the signing of the other McCain

Maybe they can trade Rishard Matthews & Will Davis to the Saints or something seems like Davis's days are numbered also with the Rookie McCain & the signing of the other McCain
Matthews has no trade value and Davis will be a hard sell

With the news of Fowler Jr (3rd overall pick) tearing his ACL (out for season), its just good to hear no injury's from today's practice

Right, I saw him winning matchups but just saying 5'9" vs 6'3" (and a 5th vs 1st rounder) is no easy task lol

I'd love if we kept 6 so we can get Jarvis off of return duties
Well there are more to the numbers and more to Parker than just that.

So, IMHO, Bobby McCain is an awesome little CB in the mold of Brent Grimes. McCain has awesome explosion and short area burst. He is also a tough hombre.

While he is only 5'9", his filthy 40" vertical allows him to challenge throws people think he has no business challenging. Also, his amazing short area burst allows him to close and contest even when he looks soundly beaten. Slow decisions, late throws, wind up releases, and bad passes will be punished. I really like Bobby McCain.

So I he is matched up against Parker, people might say ok 5'9 vs. 6'3 is a mismatch. Parker has a 36.5" vertical and McCain has a 40" vertical, so when they go up to contest balls it is a 4" gain for McCain. ... so it's like 6'3 vs. 6'1. Plus with McCain having such a great burst and being physical. ... it's almost even.

But, Parker's real gifts are what make him uncoverable. ... his 80" wingspan coupled with fantastic ball awareness and superb hands.

So, while McCain can close the height gap and separation gap, he still cannot stop the catch. If McCain is close enough to cover Parker that means Parker's reach and hands will secure the ball before McCain can get more than a finger on it.

To stop Parker, McCain must jump the route, get help, or hope for a bad throw. It's not height. ... it's wingspan and knowing how to use it. To me, that is why Parker is special.

Don't discount McCain because of Parker. Realize that Parker is probably the hardest guy to cover in this draft. Because the standard accepted definition of "covered" is almost a guaranteed reception for Parker.

Can Revis shut him down? Yes. Can Sherman shut him down? Yes. But if they don't put those guys on Parker, he probably wins against anyone else in the red zone.

With the news of Fowler Jr (3rd overall pick) tearing his ACL (out for season), its just good to hear no injury's from today's practice

Absolutely agree. You could tell it was as ACL in the video. Shame. It's crazy how much that stuff happens.

Where do you find this information...
Honestly I don't even remember where I first learned this .. but watch his tape and he always looks like the Pillsbury Dough Boy. Watch his combine and you see it.

This just isn't a guy who is dedicated the way a Cam Wake is. The physical ability is there ... but big DT's with questionable work ethic is more common than spread QB's that have trouble reading defenses.

Fingers crossed.

So, IMHO, Bobby McCain is an awesome little CB in the mold of Brent Grimes. McCain has awesome explosion and short area burst. He is also a tough hombre.

While he is only 5'9", his filthy 40" vertical allows him to challenge throws people think he has no business challenging. Also, his amazing short area burst allows him to close and contest even when he looks soundly beaten. Slow decisions, late throws, wind up releases, and bad passes will be punished. I really like Bobby McCain.

So I he is matched up against Parker, people might say ok 5'9 vs. 6'3 is a mismatch. Parker has a 36.5" vertical and McCain has a 40" vertical, so when they go up to contest balls it is a 4" gain for McCain. ... so it's like 6'3 vs. 6'1. Plus with McCain having such a great burst and being physical. ... it's almost even.

But, Parker's real gifts are what make him uncoverable. ... his 80" wingspan coupled with fantastic ball awareness and superb hands.

So, while McCain can close the height gap and separation gap, he still cannot stop the catch. If McCain is close enough to cover Parker that means Parker's reach and hands will secure the ball before McCain can get more than a finger on it.

To stop Parker, McCain must jump the route, get help, or hope for a bad throw. It's not height. ... it's wingspan and knowing how to use it. To me, that is why Parker is special.

Don't discount McCain because of Parker. Realize that Parker is probably the hardest guy to cover in this draft. Because the standard accepted definition of "covered" is almost a guaranteed reception for Parker.

Can Revis shut him down? Yes. Can Sherman shut him down? Yes. But if they don't put those guys on Parker, he probably wins against anyone else in the red zone.

If Grimes can get a pick vs. Calvin. Little guys can do anything

i like!!!!

also just thinking... having McCain guard Parker hopefully helps Parker also work his own footwork, aggressive route running, and improve in those aspects as well causing separation consistently too!!!

Thanks for all that! informative! I hope he turns into the next Grimes for us. :hump:

Jordan Phillips is clearly our new Jonathan Martin. Not in terms of bullying or crap like that, but a very smart guy who just might not want to put the work in to be a meaner, tougher SOB.

Hoping Wake and Suh can teach the guy to live up to his potential, otherwise we might be disappointed.

Jordan Phillips is clearly our new Jonathan Martin. Not in terms of bullying or crap like that, but a very smart guy who just might not want to put the work in to be a meaner, tougher SOB.

Hoping Wake and Suh can teach the guy to live up to his potential, otherwise we might be disappointed.
please do not compare that snake... to our new rookie who hasn't even taken a meaningful snap.

Back
Top Bottom