Rookies Get Their Numbers | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rookies Get Their Numbers

Linebackers and fullbacks/running backs are permitted to wear numbers in the 40s.

They do exceptions for like when they run out of numbers, or when players petition the league for a certain number:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_number_(American_football)

Numbers 1 to 19 are worn by quarterbacks, kickers, and punters. Since 2004,[3] Wide receivers are also allowed to wear numbers between 10 and 19 if they choose, even if a number from 80 through 89 is available.
Numbers 20 to 49 are worn by running backs, tight ends (40-49, when an 80-89 number is unavailable), cornerbacks and safeties.
Numbers 50 to 59 are worn by linebackers and defensive linemen and offensive linemen.
Numbers 60 to 79 are worn by members of both the offensive line (the tackles, guards and centers) and defensive line (the defensive ends, defensive tackles or nose guard).
Numbers 80 to 89 are worn by wide receivers and tight ends.
Numbers 90 to 99 are worn by linebackers and defensive linemen. In effect since 1984.
Numbers 0 and 00 are no longer used, though they were issued in the NFL before the number

The real question is what the hell is taking Brandon Marshall so long to pick a damn number?!?!

McCoy is a OLB and he is wearing #48 and Austin Spitler is wearing #44 and they are both LBs

we're not the only team who has a LB wearing a number in the 40's. it's actually pretty common at that point of the year. there are only 10 numbers in the 50's and a lot of teams have more than 10 LB's right now.

I dont hear Dallas fans over reacting cause 88 was given to Bryant. I love Zach Thomas, but you can not retire every number. Nobody will ever replace Zach Thomas, I think some of you are seriously over reacting and buying to the media so-called disrespect to Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas.

Truth is Zach was old and had nothing to offer us when he was released. I loved Zach, but you cannot blame the Trifecta for cutting him.

Jason Taylor acted like a diva and asked to be traded the first time, his second stint saw him deny two contracts offers from Miami before the season ended. Only to sign with the Jets, after saying he would retire before ever signing with NY.

uh oh. I kind of feel bad for AJ Edds....hes got some mighty shoes to fill while wearing that number....good luck kid

i dont care about players wearing good veterans numbers. wouldnt bother me if henne wore 13 to be honest. even if he sucked in it. big deal. doesnt take away from marino for example. ZT isnt #54 on the dolphins this year unless i missed some big news. sooo yea. i like it for Edds. fits well. there is only one number in all of sports that shouldn't be eff;d with and thats gretzkys.

on a side note though. since bess is #15. i dont think marshall should be able to come in an take that **** so yea. thats where i draw the line. taking a current players number from him. unless hes cool with it. then whatever, but bess aint. so marshall you are beat. welcome to miami #87

i dont care about players wearing good veterans numbers. wouldnt bother me if henne wore 13 to be honest. even if he sucked in it. big deal. doesnt take away from marino for example. ZT isnt #54 on the dolphins this year unless i missed some big news. sooo yea. i like it for Edds. fits well. there is only one number in all of sports that shouldn't be eff;d with and thats gretzkys.

on a side note though. since bess is #15. i dont think marshall should be able to come in an take that **** so yea. thats where i draw the line. taking a current players number from him. unless hes cool with it. then whatever, but bess aint. so marshall you are beat. welcome to miami #87
He isnt just coming in and taking if he wants that number he is going to have to pay Bess for it and it probably wont be cheap

The real question is what the hell is taking Brandon Marshall so long to pick a damn number?!?!
Him and Bess are probably trying to work out a deal where Marshall will end up either buying something for bess or giving him money for the number

:lol2:

if there was one number in all sports that was more sacred than all others....it sure as hell wouldn't be a hockey player's.

I can make my new porter a misi real easy.all I need to
do is remove the stiched on name plate that has porter
on it and have a screen print misi put on the back of
jersey. For $20 bucks I got the jersey. Wouldn't be to
much more to Make way cooler.

Guys, most of those numbers are probably just going to be TC numbers. Guys like Spitler, McCoy, Jones and Carroll all could see their numbers change once the final cuts take place. Remember Sean Smith was #31 and Vontae Davis was #24 during the preseason but once final cuts happened they changed numbers. Only numbers you can really trust are the ones for the players in the first few rounds. Odrick, Misi, Jerry, Edds are probably the only ones with their numbers 100% guaranteed. I would assume Carroll and Jones will also keep the same numbers, but I highly doubt the numbers McCoy and Spilter have will be the ones they have on opening day.

I dont hear Dallas fans over reacting cause 88 was given to Bryant. I love Zach Thomas, but you can not retire every number. Nobody will ever replace Zach Thomas, I think some of you are seriously over reacting and buying to the media so-called disrespect to Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas.

Truth is Zach was old and had nothing to offer us when he was released. I loved Zach, but you cannot blame the Trifecta for cutting him.

Jason Taylor acted like a diva and asked to be traded the first time, his second stint saw him deny two contracts offers from Miami before the season ended. Only to sign with the Jets, after saying he would retire before ever signing with NY.

Because Keith Jackson wore it? Or am I missing someone else?

where can this be done?
I can make my new porter a misi real easy.all I need to
do is remove the stiched on name plate that has porter
on it and have a screen print misi put on the back of
jersey. For $20 bucks I got the jersey. Wouldn't be to
much more to Make way cooler.

Back
Top Bottom