Rosen Not Going..... | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen Not Going.....

Rosen is very talented! He is a first round pick QB (10 overall)....isn't that what so many of you are begging for? It goes to show you how you need to either have experience QB or a DAMN good line in front of a young man that is learning. I am proud of him for pushing through and learning. I got to see him a lot at UCLA and he can ball. It is easy to watch him play and say he sucks. It is harder to be him and have very fast and very strong men coming in to rip his head off. Trust me...we would all press the panic button faster than he is!

I'd take Tua with an amputated leg over Rosen.
Obviously you wouldn't, but the fact you would post that is indicative of your propensity for ridiculous exaggeration.

You seem quite knowledgeable on football, but you undercut the validity of your opinions when you do that.

Doesn't matter to me, ppl get enjoyment from the forum in different ways. Just making an observation.

Last edited:
I would say your insane to think a college QB who has had 3 surgeries in 24 college games will hold up physically to an NFL pounding.....
Not to mention the fact that the most recent injury is one that, in a majority of ppl, have life altering effects. I realize a world class athlete is not "most ppl", but that just makes the point more valid, IMHO.

So Tua can't hold up to NFL pounding, but you campaign for a guy who had shoulder surgery in college one year and the next year had 2 concussions in a month to be the long term starter.

Cute.

it is what it is....you will see the reality of the situation, nobody is going draft Tua at the top of the draft now...nor should they!

Obviously you wouldn't, but the fact you would post that is indicative of your propensity for ridiculous exaggeration.

You seem quite knowledgeable on football, but you undercut the validity of your opinions when you do that.

Doesn't matter to me, ppl get enjoyment from the forum in different ways. Just making an observation.

I understand plenty of football, which is why I see the enormous talent gap between the 2 which is why I post such sarcastic comments.

Rosen has a talented arm and that's where the NFL talent stops. Slow processing speed, trouble reading defenses, even the small things are lacking with the guy. He had his chance and got worse and that's including his time in Arizona.

I understand plenty of football, which is why I see the enormous talent gap between the 2 which is why I post such sarcastic comments.

Rosen has a talented arm and that's where the NFL talent stops. Slow processing speed, trouble reading defenses, even the small things are lacking with the guy. He had his chance and got worse and that's including his time in Arizona.

So, maybe they teach him how to read and dissect a defense like Fitz can so he has a chance, not just throw him to the wolves. If you know football then you know how many college QB's come into the league totally unprepared to read a D. A lot are only taught to read the DE/LB. Talent alone doesn't make for success. Tua either throws short or long, has durability issues, and is NOT guaranteed to be able to decipher even the simplest NFL D. To anoint him and the next TB is premature at best. The truth is we don't know about Rosen, he doesn't even know what he doesn't know, if you read what he said in the article. So how's he supposed to run an O? Give him the tools, then a chance to succeed.

Not to mention the fact that the most recent injury is one that, in a majority of ppl, have life altering effects. I realize a world class athlete is not "most ppl", but that just makes the point more valid, IMHO.

You are using a logical fallacy as your argument. My argument was NOT that his injury would never alter his playing. My argument was that in the third round it is worth the upside. Look how New Orleans gambled on an injury and how it played out... and this would be just for a third round pick in a draft that we have MANY picks.

So, maybe they teach him how to read and dissect a defense like Fitz can so he has a chance, not just throw him to the wolves. If you know football then you know how many college QB's come into the league totally unprepared to read a D. A lot are only taught to read the DE/LB. Talent alone doesn't make for success. Tua either throws short or long, has durability issues, and is NOT guaranteed to be able to decipher even the simplest NFL D. To anoint him and the next TB is premature at best. The truth is we don't know about Rosen, he doesn't even know what he doesn't know, if you read what he said in the article. So how's he supposed to run an O? Give him the tools, then a chance to succeed.

Most elite college qbs that come in and play well right away have the ability to read a defense quite well actually. It's the ones that fool the masses that struggle considerably. I want Miami to draft a guy that already can do that, not having to teach him.

Also since Tua will be back to throwing come March he's still a top 3 pick.

His ankle surgeries were not required ones, they were both to help future injuries from happening. Not a lot of info on them, but it wasn't cause of injury.

You are using a logical fallacy as your argument. My argument was NOT that his injury would never alter his playing. My argument was that in the third round it is worth the upside. Look how New Orleans gambled on an injury and how it played out... and this would be just for a third round pick in a draft that we have MANY picks.
I guess it just comes down to where we draw the line from a risk/benifit point of view.

3rd is too high for me, because I believe he is unlikely to return to form, and I had durability concerns before this latest injury.

Most elite college qbs that come in and play well right away have the ability to read a defense quite well actually. It's the ones that fool the masses that struggle considerably. I want Miami to draft a guy that already can do that, not having to teach him.
Maybe that's why the league has sooo many great QB's...

Maybe that's why the league has sooo many great QB's...
And those are the guys that come in knowing what they're doing and fail anyway. You think the guy who IS in the NFL, hasn't played well, AND doesn't know what he's doing is the one that's going to eventually succeed?

Come on... This isn't high school. These dudes are the best of the best and a lot of them play with a highly competitive edge. What does it say when the QB who sucks and is currently sitting on the bench never knew how to identify the Mike? I mean, ok, so your offensive coordinator in college didn't require it, I get that, but don't you think a normal person with a brain that WANTS to succeed in the NFL would learn that on his own so at least he has some sort of clue coming in? I can only speak for myself because I'm a highly competitive person, but I look at Rosen and don't see it. He isn't good, and I don't even think he has the drive to be good to be honest.

If this guy was drafted in the 5th round instead of the 10th pick, he would have already been theoretically cut from the team by most of this forum, but because he has this "arm talent", whatever that means, he deserves 8 billion chances and every possible excuse in the book thrown his way?

Here's the thing that gets me... there are sooooooooooooo many more people on this forum that would cut Ballage today than there are people who would cut Rosen. Why? Don't all the excuses for Rosen also apply to Ballage? His line sucks, the offense sucks etc etc? Why does the QB get the benefit of the doubt? It isn't all because of his draft position...

Back
Top Bottom