Rosen: Post A Grade... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen: Post A Grade...

I would Give Rosen a B.

The most important thing he has shown since the first game to last nights game is growth. Might not be lights out growth but he is improving and getting better. Looks better than the vet in last nights game for sure. I will say that even though he looks better than Fitz right now he needs to sit a couple more games before taking the reins.

To be in his second year and in a brand new offense with a horrendous line I give him a solid B÷

I don't know how any die hard FinFan wouldnt be excited about the potential of this kid..... just saying

B+
He's been poised imo and has led the offense well. Pocket awareness has been great and has made some very good throws. He's missed some but every QB does.

Completely agree. Rosen is either on track or ahead of schedule as far as what you should be expecting from him at this point.

B+ to an A. I thought his pocket presence was excellent. Some of those throws on the run were a thing of beauty. I can only recall one bad throw, that one over throw. He appeared to command the huddle and have positive body language. Whatever that is about.

I can't put a grade on anybody in pre-season. There is so much more to evaluate. When Flores said that "both QBs played good" he is looking at the inner workings of the offense. Scoring and scoring drives are not as important in pre-season as they are in regular season.

Did the QB do what was right in that moment or did he mess up? Since we do not know the play called and a lot of the plays called in pre-season are trial and error it is hard to say this QB messed up here or there. It comes down to "did the QB make the right decision based on the play called and the situation on the field". Often enough in pre-season an incomplete pass is more important than a risky completion by a free lancing QB, a completion which might be bound for an interception when teams play full speed in regular season.

Let me give you an example: On one play Rosen had to run out of the pocket to his right and delivered a strike to ... (don't know who right now). The ball was extremely accurate and was caught between two defenders. On first look we all say: "wow, what a throw". But I am sure when coaches look at the film they will call that a negative play for Rosen. It was a very risky play and playing against starters in regular season it could be intercepted. The reason I say this is because underneath was one open player which would have been the safe option. That guy had 10-15 yards of open space. When Rosen threw the ball I thought that was his target and the pass was to high. If I am a coach I tell Josh: "dude, both plays probably would have netted us the same yardage. But your pass was a high risk pass which against a good secondary could result in an interception. Take the safe pass."

On the other hand Fitzpatrick could be evaluated as not taking any risk. If it in't there, don't risk it. Give the team a chance to win. Flores comes from the Belichick tree. It is all about protecting the ball. No turnovers. Low risk. Stick with the plan.

I am elated over Rosen's performance. And as a fan I loved that pass but....it was broken play, the receiver helped his QB and the pass was accurate, dead on. If there is no other option take that pass but if you have a guy underneath with miles to run that is your target. How often have we watched Brady on the run just to find that open TE, RB or receiver who then runs for another 10-15 yards. It frustrated us. But that's what that system is based on. Safe passes.

And that's what coaches evaluate in pre-season. Decision making. Did the QB make the right decision for the situation on the field.

That throw last night on the run after he escaped a sack was amazing. Nothing like what we've seen the last 7 years. He evaded so much pressure all night
Like I just described in my post above. That play will be evaluated in the film room as negative. I loved it. It showed Rosen's accuracy...but....

Hi guys, haven't posted in a while, lot going on in my personal world right now and I so hate the off season after the draft is over :)

Anyway, hope everyone is doing great. I loved the trade when we made, thought it was a bit pricey at the time but considering we got the 2nd back from NO, in the end it was a no brainer, especially when you factor in the cost of the contract. Said though at the time of the trade that I would sit him for the first 3 or 4 games, for the simple reason that our line had all the signs of a train wreck written allover it, and I would rather have Fitz take the pain of that tough starting schedule and the line hopefully begins to develop. Nothing I've seen in pre-season makes me want to alter that stance however we have to see what we've got in Rosen, so he absoultely needs to be starting no later than the 5th game or so.

I've been really pleased with his performances out there shown a lot a great signs under tough conditions with the line problems, looking forward to the evaluation process without pressure that this year will surely be. For a grade, I think Danny got it right on the mark with a B+ and that's exactly where you would hope him to be at, at this stage of the pre-season.

Dude is getting a lot of praise for throwing 0 TDs and 1 Int against 2nd and 3rd teamers.

Back
Top Bottom