Rosen: Post A Grade... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen: Post A Grade...

Most of you guys must be grading on a serious homer curve.

He gets an A, or B as compared to what? Certainly not the league as a whole.

I like JR, and beleive he can be a good to very good QB, particularly in this offense, but handing out A, B grades for that is ludicrous.

It's not all on Josh, for sure, but it is what it is.

B-

Really impressed with pocket awareness and ability to use his legs to get first downs on broken plays. Very encouraged by his ability to throw on the run.

He'll make really dumb mistakes (INT in first game to MLB) but overall he needs to be the starter when compared to Fitz. Throw him to the wolves!

Nothing wrong with that.
Yes, there is. You don't get participation trophies in the real world.

However, if ppl want to have an echo chamber circle jerk, who am I to stand in the way.

Personally, I'll save my high praise until I see better things.

Rosen looked good yesterday.

I liked Pat Shurmer's quote about Daniel Jones yesterday, "You can ask me all you want about why I like him, but I think it's time to start asking the people that didn't like him what they think, quite frankly".

I hope Flores takes the same approach with Rosen, which is basically to laugh at all the fools who think he sucks and will never amount to anything in this league, f*** em.

Fans don't know how to properly evaluate QB's, they just think they can because they're smarter than some of these GM's like Gettleman and Grier lmao. Can't wait for week 1...

Last edited:
I guess if you set the bar low enough you will never be disappointed.

If he got them TDs, he would be more of an A.

He has been able to move the offense into position to score, and scored a few TDs on the ground.

Though I agree with you that we would love to see him actually be more effective to score once in the Redzone, he has done pretty well to put Miami in position to succeed, and score.

Eye spy Rosen staying on course to improve in a steady line.

Throws the pig on the move better than expected. Good job taking off to get 1st downs.

Fairly elusive in the pocket. Overall good accuracy -- but blows some throws periodically.

I'm going to say C+ because I think he has a lot of room to improve.

Just my take -- but I don't believe he's ready to start game 1.

I like the process driven process... Get him to continue to improve. Master the O. Polish his craft.

I think he deserves an A. Given the line he is working with and receivers he is throwing to. Aikman said it best "He is the best passer I have seen and I have been watching him since he was 19." High praise from the guy who idolized Dan. I think we have our franchise guy finally. Now what is the right course of action with him? I would start him game one but it looks like its Fitzmagic till the bye week.

I don’t do grades but he looks to be on the uptick.

Which is all that really matters. Just keep improving.

A couple nice off script plays from a meh athlete qb.

Definitely feels pressure and climbs the pocket well

Setting protections work in progress

It was an A+ in terms of manipulating the pocket, avoiding the pressure. That sequence of plays results in about 3 sacks from Tannehill. He's beginning to understand he's not back there to be a tackling dummy for a poor offensive line.

But what he doesn't completely understand yet is the offense and isn't seeing the entire field. Furthermore, some of the receivers aren't turning their heads around quick enough in their routes against soft zones which is causing him to feel like he needs to hold the ball a beat longer.

Grade B: he's been like a jump starter for the offense, each time he's entered the game. Has play better than expected, while under constant pressure. He's definitely shown more and looks improved.

Back
Top Bottom