Rosen should be the Dolphins long term answer | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen should be the Dolphins long term answer

Ignorant answer. Still a lot of football to analyze him but seeing what Rosen has had to deal with today it’s hard not to think he’s just gonna get better and better. There is so much ineptness around him right now
Stupid post. I wasn’t answering a question.

Miami is still taking a QB next year no matter what. You don’t strip your roster down to bare bones and tank like this just to pass on a top QB prospect, that was the whole point of this. Rosen is either going to be a cheap back up for a few years or he’s going to get traded to a QB needy team.

If you can’t look at Rosen and see the arm, accuracy, footwork, pocket awareness etc that he has then football is too big for you. Is he the answer? Maybe not. But thinking that a rookie QB could do any better than what he has, with what he has to work with is a mistake. Rosen will be a star in this league. I didn’t think that before but after today I fully believe it. Give him average lineman and average receivers/rbs he would shine.

Ignorant answer. Still a lot of football to analyze him but seeing what Rosen has had to deal with today it’s hard not to think he’s just gonna get better and better. There is so much ineptness around him right now
Rosen has played 16 career games. Yes the talent around him has been bad, but what exactly has he shown to convince you that he can be special? If a qb is special, you will know it right away. We don’t need a qb that needs everything around him to be perfect for him to succeed. That’s what we just did with tannehill. I just haven’t seen any evidence that suggests that Rosen can be the long term answer especially if we have the opportunity to draft a truly elite prospect

Too bad you guys didn't watch the game.
Watched the whole game. No pressure he looks good like all QBs do. Throws well. A little pressure and his game disappears.

Gives up surrendering the sack. Balls batted down. Throws balls up for grabs.

He has shown improvement and that’s why I think he can be a long term answer as a backup. Certainly hasn’t shown he is the long term answer as a starter as of yet.

Rosen has played 16 career games. Yes the talent around him has been bad, but what exactly has he shown to convince you that he can be special? If a qb is special, you will know it right away. We don’t need a qb that needs everything around him to be perfect for him to succeed. That’s what we just did with tannehill. I just haven’t seen any evidence that suggests that Rosen can be the long term answer especially if we have the opportunity to draft a truly elite prospect

Who said special???? Quote me on that. You can’t . You sound just like another hater. Can’t judge this guy on this game with all the ineptness around him

If you can’t look at Rosen and see the arm, accuracy, footwork, pocket awareness etc that he has then football is too big for you. Is he the answer? Maybe not. But thinking that a rookie QB could do any better than what he has, with what he has to work with is a mistake. Rosen will be a star in this league. I didn’t think that before but after today I fully believe it. Give him average lineman and average receivers/rbs he would shine.

Dude, don’t try to reason with ignorance

IMO, Rosen is better than Fitzpatrick (and Tannehill). He looks like he may throw more INTs, but he'll also make more big plays. HOWEVER, I'm upset with Grier and Flores for not rebuilding the entire o-line during the off-season (including replacing a weak Tunsil). Flores said that he wanted to be able to run the ball, but the o-line under both Philbin and Gase was terrible at run-blocking. (This was because Philbin and Gase preferred a short pass based offense where the short pass pretty much replaced the run.) When they traded for Rosen, the smart thing to do would have been to immediately rebuild the o-line with tougher, more physical players than what they had. Plus, how can you honestly evaluate a young QB if you can't run the ball or give him adequate protection? Building a physically dominating o-line and a powerful running game should have been the main goal for this season, and if Rosen proves not to be the guy, then the foundation will already be in place for the next QB.

I understand that the roster needed to be gutted, and that this season will most likely be a losing one. I'm okay with that. IMO, just replacing the previous coaching staff and their pathetic schemes and playcalling automatically makes them a better team, even with gutting the roster. BUT, there's no reason why they can't rebuild and still be fairly competitive at the same time; all they need is a competent o-line and a strong running game.

Back
Top Bottom